Nurses applying for visa 457 / e457

Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Nyambipo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurses applying for visa 457 / e457

I'm a mental health nurse and I have been offered a job in Melbourne Victoria PN3. I submitted my online application on 06/02/09 and received confirmation on 07/02/09. Case Officer was allocated on 11/02/09. Meds and x-rays were submitted on 27/02/09. I have taken the risk of resigning from my job before being granted a visa (I'm required to give two months notice in my current role). If all goes well I'm hoping to hear from the Department of Immigration this week

I'm interested to hear about your experiences

Last edited by Nyambipo; Mar 1st 2009 at 9:15 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Nurses applying for visa 457 / e457

Although its only been a few days since I submitted my meds and x-rays........the waiting is killing me:confused

Please get in touch if you're in the same position or if you're generally stressed bacause of the process!!!!!!!

Last edited by Nyambipo; Mar 1st 2009 at 9:17 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

deblaw will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nyambipo
Although its only been a few days since I submitted my meds and x-rays........the waiting is killing me:confused

Please get in touch if you're in the same position or if you're generally stressed bacause of the process!!!!!!!
I applied for my 457 online on the 20th of Feb, I got an acknowledgement within 12 hours and a request for medicals and a copy of my passport in the same e-mail.

Contacted the High commission in London to ask them to send my medicals over as they had been sitting there since being done in Jan and got an e-mail back the same day to say they were being sent within the week.

Since then I have uploaded all my supporting documents even though the person in Oz said they were not needed (very confusing!) and am now just waiting......hate the waiting!

I have a job waiting on NICU in Perth, they told me that the 457's generally come through in about 8 - 12 weeks

Good luck with your application, and your move!

Deb
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deblaw
I applied for my 457 online on the 20th of Feb, I got an acknowledgement within 12 hours and a request for medicals and a copy of my passport in the same e-mail.

Contacted the High commission in London to ask them to send my medicals over as they had been sitting there since being done in Jan and got an e-mail back the same day to say they were being sent within the week.

Since then I have uploaded all my supporting documents even though the person in Oz said they were not needed (very confusing!) and am now just waiting......hate the waiting!

I have a job waiting on NICU in Perth, they told me that the 457's generally come through in about 8 - 12 weeks

Good luck with your application, and your move!

Deb
Hi Deb,

Are your medicals already in OZ? How come you send your medicals to the High commissioner? Do you have a case worker? Keep in touch.

Nyambipo
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

claire-n-tel will become famous soon enoughclaire-n-tel will become famous soon enough

I'm a mental health nurse and I have been offered a job in Melbourne Victoria PN3. I submitted my online application on 06/02/09 and received confirmation on 07/02/09. Case Officer was allocated on 11/02/09. Meds and x-rays were submitted on 27/02/09. I have taken the risk of resigning from my job before being granted a visa (I'm required to give two months notice in my current role). If all goes well I'm hoping to hear from the Department of Immigration this week

Hi Nyambipo!
I am a nurse hopefully heading to Australia too
we applied on line on 12/2/09. Case officer 13/2/09 emailed reqesting meds and resend 2x documents that they couldn't open. Meds done 19/2/09. Meds finalised 25/2/09, now like you i am just waiting.....
I don't know how people that wait 2 years for visas cope with the stress!
Good luck
Claire
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:40 am
Just Joined

2coxys will become famous soon enough

Hi,
Im a nurse hopefully heading to perth on a 457 but have been really delayed by WA reg just got it on 26th, my start date was ment to be 9/03/09!
Meds sent to dep 10/2/09
Visa application 26/2/09
email/site checked 55 million times already! :-]
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Lightbulb Re: Nurses applying for visa 457 / e457

Originally Posted by 2coxys
Hi,
Im a nurse hopefully heading to perth on a 457 but have been really delayed by WA reg just got it on 26th, my start date was ment to be 9/03/09!
Meds sent to dep 10/2/09
Visa application 26/2/09
email/site checked 55 million times already! :-]
Hi Coxys,

I know the feeling. Did you have problems with your reg and what was their explanation. My reg is with NBV and it was approved within 14days. Did you do your meds before logging your application? Are you still at work? What are your new employers offering in terms of relocation?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by claire-n-tel
Hi Nyambipo!
I am a nurse hopefully heading to Australia too
we applied on line on 12/2/09. Case officer 13/2/09 emailed reqesting meds and resend 2x documents that they couldn't open. Meds done 19/2/09. Meds finalised 25/2/09, now like you i am just waiting.....
I don't know how people that wait 2 years for visas cope with the stress!
Good luck
Claire

Hi Claire-n-tel,

Welcome to my world. I have been reading some of the live forums and there are a lot of people in very stressful positions. I would find 2 years unbearable. which part of OZ are you planning to go to. What are you being offered? Are you planning to stay beyond the 4yrs? Will you be applying for the PR? Let us know when you get your papers.....we will help you party

PS: When are you planning on leaving? Which sites are offering cheap flights to OZ?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

We have had 90 viewers and no one seems concerned or worried about the process and the time scales.....I must be going out of my mind

Calling all Nurses on their way to OZ lets share our experiences!!!!!!

Last edited by Nyambipo; Mar 2nd 2009 at 4:25 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

2coxys will become famous soon enough

Hi Coxys,

I know the feeling. Did you have problems with your reg and what was their explanation. My reg is with NBV and it was approved within 14days. Did you do your meds before logging your application? Are you still at work? What are your new employers offering in terms of relocation?
hi
yep we did our meds before the application but only because of my damm reg! didn't think it would take so long so booked them.
It wasn't the nursing board that held it up it was my university grrr [not that im bitter!].
Im on a grad progam so was ment to have a set start date so I had to hand my notice in, Ive now finished work but have joined the staff bank. don't know what is going to happen now tho .....
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

deblaw will become famous soon enough

Hi Deb,

Are your medicals already in OZ? How come you send your medicals to the High commissioner? Do you have a case worker? Keep in touch.

Nyambipo
Hey there,

I wasn't sure where to send the medicals because I didn't know which clearance centre would handle the application, so thought the High commission would be the best place. Hopefully they are winging their way there as we speak

The website doesn't say if I have a case worker or not, but I'm assuming the person that has been asking for my medicals and stuff is the case worker!?

I didn't have much trouble with the NMBWA, unlike a previous poster, but I had already done the ANMC assessment because I was going to apply for a 175 originally so I had already spent months getting all the documentation together. The NMBWA is very picky though and like to have anything and everything before they register you!

I think I'm just waiting for them to get my medicals now, and then for me to get my butt in gear and get out there!

Good luck

Deb
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

claire-n-tel will become famous soon enoughclaire-n-tel will become famous soon enough

Hi Claire-n-tel,

Welcome to my world. I have been reading some of the live forums and there are a lot of people in very stressful positions. I would find 2 years unbearable. which part of OZ are you planning to go to. What are you being offered? Are you planning to stay beyond the 4yrs? Will you be applying for the PR? Let us know when you get your papers.....we will help you party

PS: When are you planning on leaving? Which sites are offering cheap flights to OZ?
Hi! We are planning to go to the northern territory, i have a job there, hopefully we will apply for PR once we are in Oz. Fingers crossed for tomorrow! I emailed my CO today and sent my PCC (although it wasn't requested, i'm hoping it might help!
Claire
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 2coxys
hi
yep we did our meds before the application but only because of my damm reg! didn't think it would take so long so booked them.
It wasn't the nursing board that held it up it was my university grrr [not that im bitter!].
Im on a grad progam so was ment to have a set start date so I had to hand my notice in, Ive now finished work but have joined the staff bank. don't know what is going to happen now tho .....
Hi,

457 seems to be the easiest .....followed by the PR once you're in OZ. Once they start to request for more info....that means that you have a CO looking at your stuff......

Some of the nurses that I have been in contact with got their 457 in a week following submission of all docs including meds and x-rays........

Lets hope lady luck is on our side..........

Keep us posted........do you have any concerns at the moment?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deblaw
Hey there,

I wasn't sure where to send the medicals because I didn't know which clearance centre would handle the application, so thought the High commission would be the best place. Hopefully they are winging their way there as we speak

The website doesn't say if I have a case worker or not, but I'm assuming the person that has been asking for my medicals and stuff is the case worker!?

I didn't have much trouble with the NMBWA, unlike a previous poster, but I had already done the ANMC assessment because I was going to apply for a 175 originally so I had already spent months getting all the documentation together. The NMBWA is very picky though and like to have anything and everything before they register you!

I think I'm just waiting for them to get my medicals now, and then for me to get my butt in gear and get out there!

Good luck

Deb

Hi Deb,

When did you post your meds? Who did you use (DHL, UPS or royal mail) ? If you get your 457 this week....when are you looking at flying out?

Nyambipo
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lightbulb Re: Nurses applying for visa 457 / e457

Originally Posted by claire-n-tel
Hi! We are planning to go to the northern territory, i have a job there, hopefully we will apply for PR once we are in Oz. Fingers crossed for tomorrow! I emailed my CO today and sent my PCC (although it wasn't requested, i'm hoping it might help!
Claire
Hi Claire,

you sound very organised.

I have not send my PCC because my CO has not requested for it.......but my employer did....

How are you copying with all the waiting?

Nyambipo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.