Non CSL state sponsored

Old Nov 13th 2009, 12:30 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Non CSL state sponsored

The news that I'm getting is some of the states are lobbying DIAC to reinstate the old processing priorities for government sponsored non CSL visas.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 1:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non CSL state sponsored

Originally Posted by paulry
The news that I'm getting is some of the states are lobbying DIAC to reinstate the old processing priorities for government sponsored non CSL visas.
Where is your link to an official announcement from those states?
Old Nov 13th 2009, 6:11 am
Just Joined

hwantazia is an unknown quantity at this point

Let us know the origon of the new~!! plz.

Cheers~
Old Nov 13th 2009, 6:46 am
Just Joined

JohnnyL is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the same news. I am in queue for an ACT sponsorship, and I got a mail today that they are lobbying, and they hope the new year brings some changes.

I hope so too
Old Nov 13th 2009, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Duncan_Mc will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the information. Let's keep each other informed about the topic.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 7:55 am
Diz
one step closer!

Diz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really nice

This was our response from WA regarding the 23rd Sept changes (we are state sponsored non csl, co requested meds + pccs on 14th September and we had spent the money and submitted everything by 22nd Sept). Our status changed to 'met' for everything on 13th October

Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for your email.

The Government of Western Australia will participate in a meeting in November with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to put a position forward that making State and Territory sponsored skilled applicants with occupations although not critical but still in demand wait until 2011 or 2012 to have their visa finalised is basically making the State sponsored program irrelevant and having very little influence in attracting skilled migrants.

The State will reiterate that sponsored applicants not on the CSL must be given a degree of priority and have their visa finalised within 12 months cutting the time lag so that they can arrive sooner and fill the occupations in demand, at the time they are in demand.

I empathise with you. We have received many e-mails with the common theme of disappointment and bewilderment to the changes introduced by DIAC.

Regards

State Migration Centre
Government of Western Australia

Small Business Development Corporation
553 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000
phone: +618 9220 0254 or +618 9220 0279 | fax: +618 9221 1132
www.sbdc.com.au
www.migration.wa.gov.au
Old Nov 13th 2009, 8:59 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnnyL
I got the same news. I am in queue for an ACT sponsorship, and I got a mail today that they are lobbying, and they hope the new year brings some changes.

I hope so too
That's the main source of my information too.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Diz
This was our response from WA regarding the 23rd Sept changes (we are state sponsored non csl, co requested meds + pccs on 14th September and we had spent the money and submitted everything by 22nd Sept). Our status changed to 'met' for everything on 13th October

Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for your email.

The Government of Western Australia will participate in a meeting in November with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to put a position forward that making State and Territory sponsored skilled applicants with occupations although not critical but still in demand wait until 2011 or 2012 to have their visa finalised is basically making the State sponsored program irrelevant and having very little influence in attracting skilled migrants.

The State will reiterate that sponsored applicants not on the CSL must be given a degree of priority and have their visa finalised within 12 months cutting the time lag so that they can arrive sooner and fill the occupations in demand, at the time they are in demand.

I empathise with you. We have received many e-mails with the common theme of disappointment and bewilderment to the changes introduced by DIAC.

Regards

State Migration Centre
Government of Western Australia

Small Business Development Corporation
553 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000
phone: +618 9220 0254 or +618 9220 0279 | fax: +618 9221 1132
www.sbdc.com.au
www.migration.wa.gov.au
DIAC make the necessary adjustments
Old Nov 13th 2009, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Concurent is an unknown quantity at this point

several of my friends got the same letters from WA and ACT so let's hope
Old Nov 14th 2009, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

The states could be playing lip service, Senator Chris Evans has made it clear in a recent ABC interview, There will be no more non important professions or trades getting their visa's first against professions which are required for the growth of Austrilia.

But on the other side, the Austrlian economy has grown in the third quarter of 2009, and if Austrlia grows further in the fourth quarter this could mean there will be an improve mirgration program for 2010 - 2011.

The states and DIAC could meet in the middle,

Last edited by wookiee06; Nov 14th 2009 at 3:30 pm. Reason: nsw