NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Thanks Tony - advice much appreciated.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

EdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really nice

Yup add us too, interested to hear Tony's comments re probable processing time and have resigned myself to a year minimum.

OH is March 09 Low risk country IT Professional (NEC) or in other words the only IT ASCO that isn't getting priority processing!

We've been here for a year on my 457 already and I can't understand why we don't get some recognition of this fact? We're both performing the same jobs that we did in the UK and are more of a known quantity (and have paid a damn sight more in tax, with little in return) than some applicants who have perhaps never even been here on holiday. I realise that the 457 was not originally intended to be a route to residency but it seems short sighted not to take it into account somehow in processing priority.

The only certaintly is that we're in a for a long wait so suggest we try to get on with our lives in the meantime...!

Edna
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

dotty3 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Dotty

If I had applied for a visa, say 475 family sponsored and had a job offer and that employer was considering going through a 457 sponsorship for me, I would be lobbying the ASPC to process my 475 application as priority in light of the job offer.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Thanks Tony
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Hi Dotty

If I had applied for a visa, say 475 family sponsored and had a job offer and that employer was considering going through a 457 sponsorship for me, I would be lobbying the ASPC to process my 475 application as priority in light of the job offer.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Tony

Just read edna's post and with that in mind, would it be best to lobby for 475 to be processed prior to taking up 457. Sounds like once you are out there, they are not then giving these people any priority?

Do you have any evidence of people getting PR visa processed early alongside 457 aplication?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dotty3
Tony

Just read edna's post and with that in mind, would it be best to lobby for 475 to be processed prior to taking up 457. Sounds like once you are out there, they are not then giving these people any priority?

Do you have any evidence of people getting PR visa processed early alongside 457 aplication?
Hi Dotty

False alarm sorry - I think this is all going to be very strictly applied, more so than I originally thought - so it would take an ENS or RSMS permanent sponsorship to get any better priority - sorry for raising hopes there.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

naomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nice

Hi all,

this seems to be v.bad news? I am a teacher applying GSM lodged in sept 08. if I understand this thread correctly then they are not even looking at my application until they have got through all the CSL and then the MODL. So they might not even look at GSM application until July 09 at the very earliest - have I got this right? I was hoping for a case officer in May!

Thanks,

Naomi
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naomijmoore
Hi all,

this seems to be v.bad news? I am a teacher applying GSM lodged in sept 08. if I understand this thread correctly then they are not even looking at my application until they have got through all the CSL and then the MODL. So they might not even look at GSM application until July 09 at the very earliest - have I got this right? I was hoping for a case officer in May!

Thanks,

Naomi
Yes, unless you are a secondary school teacher which is on CSL

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

naomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nice

That's cool! i am a secondary school teacher! Is there anything I need to do in terms of alerting them to the fact that I am a csl applicant or is this automatic? For e.g. I have never filled in a csl form (if it exists!)
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dotty

False alarm sorry - I think this is all going to be very strictly applied, more so than I originally thought - so it would take an ENS or RSMS permanent sponsorship to get any better priority - sorry for raising hopes there.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
One further question on this (well 2!), how easy is it to get and ENS or RNMS; everyone from my work has gone out on a 457 visa, I presume because it is more difficult for an employer to go the ENS route.

The 2nd part of the question, is, can someone over 45 get in on a ENS visa, if they are working in certain occupations?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:28 am
Just Joined

rohith122 is an unknown quantity at this point

going by the replies , its bit upsetting that non CSL and non MODL, who may be the majority applicants r not getting any attention at the moment. This is not fair, hope they take up our applications at the earliest.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dotty3
One further question on this (well 2!), how easy is it to get and ENS or RNMS; everyone from my work has gone out on a 457 visa, I presume because it is more difficult for an employer to go the ENS route.

The 2nd part of the question, is, can someone over 45 get in on a ENS visa, if they are working in certain occupations?
not that hard if they want to do it. It used to take longer and they like employees tied to them byy the 457!!!!!

Yes over 45s can be sponsored on ens/rsms with an age exemption
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Safin
not that hard if they want to do it. It used to take longer and they like employees tied to them byy the 457!!!!!

Yes over 45s can be sponsored on ens/rsms with an age exemption
Thanks Safin, that is good news. I am looking to get old skill updated, which is on CSL, but I think I would then have to lodge new application and then I will be over 45 :-(
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

ENS and RSMS can do applications for those over 45 yrs but employer has to demonstrate that they can't get a younger person to do the job. If its pretty skilled/unusual then it should be ok but you may want to get professional advice. We were told its done a fair bit.

Also the way things are going they may be wanting more evidence that they can't get locals/australians to do the job so if they can show that it stands to reason that if no-one can/will do the job then no-one under 45 can/will.

Finally I am sure I have read on here somewhere that a valid 175 application can be converted into a ENS without relodging or new fees but with new paperwork. Again maybe professional advice needed (at least initial) but certainly worth investigating if your employer is willing and you can get a skills assessment!