NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:38 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 21
rohith122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Hi all almost all the topics have been about MODL and CSLers, so all non MODL and CSL general migrant applicants may use the topic to discuss here.
I am It professional , Applicantion launched in July 08, waiting for CO.
rohith122 is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:20 pm
  #2  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 29
mra_32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

hey
i am feb 2008 applicant, non csl and non modl IT professional, paper based
,still waiting of CO.
Anyone know when will they start procession on non csl or non modl??
mra_32 is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:27 pm
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 2,887
welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

I would not expect any allocation of non-CSL MODL before Christmas, unless unemployment starts to fall before then OR DIAC realise beofre that time tha tthey can not fill the 2009/2010 program just from State Sponsored and CSL. So for non-CSL and non-MODL cases, it could be longer. so if State sponsorship is not possible, only a job offer may improve the processing time.

Regards


Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
welshtony is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:28 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 95
scamp1976 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Originally Posted by mra_32 View Post
hey
i am feb 2008 applicant, non csl and non modl IT professional, paper based
,still waiting of CO.
Anyone know when will they start procession on non csl or non modl??
Yes, they will start AT THE EARLIEST 29th July 2009.
That's the absolute earliest you will hear anything if you're not CSL.
Then ofcourse MODL apps will be done first, so I guess you should not expect to hear anything before 2010... sorry
scamp1976 is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:31 pm
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
cookiestar's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Brisbane Northside
Posts: 983
cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

That's a very precise date Scamp - care to back it up with some evidence?
cookiestar is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:43 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 2,887
welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Originally Posted by cookiestar View Post
That's a very precise date Scamp - care to back it up with some evidence?
I think Venus and Mars are aligned with the sun on that day - I think Scamp was thinking of the 30th of June as bein gteh last day of the current program year, and, in stead of adding one day on, took 1 day off and added one month on ?

Tony
welshtony is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:48 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
mb_jg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 133
mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Originally Posted by welshtony View Post
I would not expect any allocation of non-CSL MODL before Christmas, unless unemployment starts to fall before then OR DIAC realise beofre that time tha tthey can not fill the 2009/2010 program just from State Sponsored and CSL. So for non-CSL and non-MODL cases, it could be longer. so if State sponsorship is not possible, only a job offer may improve the processing time.

Regards


Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

Fair statement Tony, but do you really think that DIAC can fill in their existing program with only the current CSL & STNI appls?

I am no guru here, I am merely asking for your expert opinion.
mb_jg is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:14 pm
  #8  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 2,887
welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Fair statement Tony, but do you really think that DIAC can fill in their existing program with only the current CSL & STNI appls?

I am no guru here, I am merely asking for your expert opinion.
I think a lot of this CSL/State sponsored processing is Political. you have a Federal Labour Government trying to justify granting skilled visas when the unions are saying Australian tradespersons are losing jobs. So I think the Federal Government would love to fill the whole program next year with CSL, which they can defend and State/employer sponsored, which they do not need to defend. States will receive more and more applications for sponsorships and they will have to defend their perceived need for these tradespersons and others. I am not sure how many Labour state/territory governments there - I know only that WA has a Liberal led one - all the rest may be Labour. So WA would be my choice for State Sponsorship, if theer were a choice.

But to answer your question, I think that halfway through the year (Christmas), many states will have reduced their sponsorships - the Government will review the numbers based on the economoc climate at that time, and may then decide to start re-allocating non-CSL MODL cases.

This is just my own reading of the crystal ball - we are all guessing here.

Regards


Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
welshtony is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:51 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 148
Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Tony - I'm currently waiting on a 175 MODL accountant visa, applied in Feb this year. As I wasn't in a hurry to migrate (want to leave UK mid 2010) I didn't bother with IELTS to get me onto the CSL list as was happy for a 12 month wait.

Do you think it's going to be much longer than that now with the new rules? If t's looking like non-CSL might be a much longer wait do you know if it's possible for me to do IELTS and bump myself up onto the CSL list?
Luke Brown is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:55 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
mb_jg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 133
mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Originally Posted by welshtony View Post
I think a lot of this CSL/State sponsored processing is Political. you have a Federal Labour Government trying to justify granting skilled visas when the unions are saying Australian tradespersons are losing jobs. So I think the Federal Government would love to fill the whole program next year with CSL, which they can defend and State/employer sponsored, which they do not need to defend. States will receive more and more applications for sponsorships and they will have to defend their perceived need for these tradespersons and others. I am not sure how many Labour state/territory governments there - I know only that WA has a Liberal led one - all the rest may be Labour. So WA would be my choice for State Sponsorship, if theer were a choice.

But to answer your question, I think that halfway through the year (Christmas), many states will have reduced their sponsorships - the Government will review the numbers based on the economoc climate at that time, and may then decide to start re-allocating non-CSL MODL cases.

This is just my own reading of the crystal ball - we are all guessing here.

Regards


Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

Wow, the political interest is very obvious & I kind of agree, though not completely, with the current changes made to the legislation.

It makes a lot of sense to give high priority to employer sponsored appls, that way the government is engaging high skilled workers in their relevant fields of expertise & not odd jobs, & that it seems is reality due to various issues.

Your rationale of the timelines for NON-MODL & CSL appls is spot on.

Thanks Tony.
mb_jg is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:32 pm
  #11  
'Made in Ulster' Member
 
Jen1977ni's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Posts: 6,565
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Feb 09 Applicant, non CSL/MODL Primary School Teacher from LR country... aka 'Bog Standard 175er' lol
Jen1977ni is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:36 pm
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
mb_jg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 133
mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni View Post
Feb 09 Applicant, non CSL/MODL Primary School Teacher from LR country... aka 'Bog Standard 175er' lol
Mar '08, non CSL\MODL Business & Information Professional from HR country.....aka.....bottom pile standard family sponsored visa....they would probably need a ladder to climb down the pile to pick up my appl
mb_jg is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:56 pm
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: South Island, NZ
Posts: 56
dotty3 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Originally Posted by welshtony View Post
I think a lot of this CSL/State sponsored processing is Political. you have a Federal Labour Government trying to justify granting skilled visas when the unions are saying Australian tradespersons are losing jobs. So I think the Federal Government would love to fill the whole program next year with CSL, which they can defend and State/employer sponsored, which they do not need to defend. States will receive more and more applications for sponsorships and they will have to defend their perceived need for these tradespersons and others. I am not sure how many Labour state/territory governments there - I know only that WA has a Liberal led one - all the rest may be Labour. So WA would be my choice for State Sponsorship, if theer were a choice.

But to answer your question, I think that halfway through the year (Christmas), many states will have reduced their sponsorships - the Government will review the numbers based on the economoc climate at that time, and may then decide to start re-allocating non-CSL MODL cases.

This is just my own reading of the crystal ball - we are all guessing here.

Regards


Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Feb 2008 Applicant, not CSl or MODL on 475 Visa Family Sponsored.

Tony, do you have a view that if you take up a 457 Visa, whether the main application would then be processed quicker? Presume would move to Brisbane for processing? I have a friend who went out this way in January, but has been told she still needs to wait to be allocated a CO before she is moved to Brisbane stream ... wondered how long that might take?

We are in quandry as to whether to go with 457, but risk that DIAC change rules and we suddenly don't have PR option (even if it is provisional), or try to update old skills and then try to add to visa, would not have luxury of doing new application once skills updated, as will be over 45 :-(
dotty3 is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:22 pm
  #14  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 2,887
welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Originally Posted by Luke Brown View Post
Tony - I'm currently waiting on a 175 MODL accountant visa, applied in Feb this year. As I wasn't in a hurry to migrate (want to leave UK mid 2010) I didn't bother with IELTS to get me onto the CSL list as was happy for a 12 month wait.

Do you think it's going to be much longer than that now with the new rules? If t's looking like non-CSL might be a much longer wait do you know if it's possible for me to do IELTS and bump myself up onto the CSL list?
Hi Luke

You are in control - maybe do the IELTS so you can trigger your CSL status any time it suits you. To get a visa by mid 2009,[edit 2010] you would probably need to advise them of your IELTS by the end of this calendar year. Maybe let it ride until July when we may have a better idea about processing of Non-CSL MODL and then do IELTS on based on that information.

Regards


Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

Last edited by welshtony; Mar 17th 2009 at 11:35 pm. Reason: date typo
welshtony is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:27 pm
  #15  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 2,887
welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NON CSL and MODL Applicants

Originally Posted by dotty3 View Post
Feb 2008 Applicant, not CSl or MODL on 475 Visa Family Sponsored.

Tony, do you have a view that if you take up a 457 Visa, whether the main application would then be processed quicker? Presume would move to Brisbane for processing? I have a friend who went out this way in January, but has been told she still needs to wait to be allocated a CO before she is moved to Brisbane stream ... wondered how long that might take?

We are in quandry as to whether to go with 457, but risk that DIAC change rules and we suddenly don't have PR option (even if it is provisional), or try to update old skills and then try to add to visa, would not have luxury of doing new application once skills updated, as will be over 45 :-(
Hi Dotty

If I had applied for a visa, say 475 family sponsored and had a job offer and that employer was considering going through a 457 sponsorship for me, I would be lobbying the ASPC to process my 475 application as priority in light of the job offer.

Regards


Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
welshtony is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.