Nominated Occupation?

Old Jul 27th 2005, 3:26 pm
Are we nearly there yet?

Buzby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nominated Occupation?

Hi all,

I hope this will make sense when I try to explain. I have been looking at the forms:47SK Application for general skilled migration to Australia. Aswell as the Vetassess application forms. (we are being sponsored by a family member)

I am applying for a nominated occupation which I have been doing for a few years. This occupation is different to my Postgrad and BA qualifications. This is where I become confused with the forms.

On the Vetassess application form it asks for the ASCO Code, do I put my nominated occupation, even though its not related to my qualifications?

Then

On the 47SK it asks for my nominated occupation which I assume is the one on the skills list, but asks on question 57 'Have you obatined a skills assessment from a relevant assessing authority for your nominated occupation? Which is Vetassess.

I know I am ok to apply under this skill with my qualifications (although not in that area). But I am confused as to what to put on the application forms, sorry. Can anyone enlighten me?

Oh, one more thing question 76: Points Test. I am right in thinking that you don't have to pass the points test for sponsored visa? Do I still need to fill this in? On the points test it asks if we have points for Regional Australia/Low Population areas, not sure if this relates to South Australia?

Many thanks in advance,

PS. I'm sorry I don't appear to be making much sense!

Last edited by Buzby; Jul 27th 2005 at 3:29 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:23 pm
Are we nearly there yet?

Default Re: Nominated Occupation?

Found this by Welshtony, he kind of answers my question.

With a regional sponsor, you do not need to meet the points test and require reduced recent experience requirements.

Basic requirements are:

be under 45
be recognised in any 40, 50 or 60 point occupation (so you can just choose any VETASSESS 40 or 50 point occupation and you will be recognised as long as your degree is assessed as equivalent to an Australian degree (for 50 point occupations) or an Australian Diploma for 40 points) - there is no requirement for relevant or any relevant experience for the VETASSESS process.
Have at least Vocational English
and have recent skilled experience in ANY ANY ANY any occupation that appears on thge Skilled Occupations list (40, 50 or 60 point regardless of which VETASSESS occupation you have nominated)

The amount of recent skilled experience depends on which VETASSESS occupation you have nominated - 40 or 40 point requires 12 months in the 18 month period immediately before the visa application is made.

This skilled experience is not assessed on its relevance to the nominated occupation but a judgement is made on whether you have the Qualifications and/or experience to be working at the level claimed.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:48 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzby
Found this by Welshtony, he kind of answers my question.

With a regional sponsor, you do not need to meet the points test and require reduced recent experience requirements.

Basic requirements are:

be under 45
be recognised in any 40, 50 or 60 point occupation (so you can just choose any VETASSESS 40 or 50 point occupation and you will be recognised as long as your degree is assessed as equivalent to an Australian degree (for 50 point occupations) or an Australian Diploma for 40 points) - there is no requirement for relevant or any relevant experience for the VETASSESS process.
Have at least Vocational English
and have recent skilled experience in ANY ANY ANY any occupation that appears on thge Skilled Occupations list (40, 50 or 60 point regardless of which VETASSESS occupation you have nominated)

The amount of recent skilled experience depends on which VETASSESS occupation you have nominated - 40 or 40 point requires 12 months in the 18 month period immediately before the visa application is made.

This skilled experience is not assessed on its relevance to the nominated occupation but a judgement is made on whether you have the Qualifications and/or experience to be working at the level claimed.
the Australian Sponsored Visa is points tested but not the Designated Area Sponsored Visa.. but beware as there are radical changes in store for the latter.... as in turning it to a temporary visa! Have a look here as an example: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296831

Have a look at the attached document too - page 9

Claire
x
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1119 Booklet 6.pdf (238.1 KB, 160 views)
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:46 pm
Are we nearly there yet?

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
the Australian Sponsored Visa is points tested but not the Designated Area Sponsored Visa.. but beware as there are radical changes in store for the latter.... as in turning it to a temporary visa! Have a look here as an example: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296831

Have a look at the attached document too - page 9

Claire
x
Thanks Claire! We were aware of the changes that were due to take place and we were hoping to submit our application with the help of an agent Jan/Feb 06. However, Jeremy noted that the changes could take place for the 139 as early as November 05. We are now frantically trying to get the application in before then. We were saving to use an agent, but as its sooner we will have to do it ourselves! Just trying to get my head around the forms, but thanks for the advice!