Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

No IELTS score, how long is allowed to complement it?

No IELTS score, how long is allowed to complement it?

Old Aug 15th 2004, 4:31 am
Just Joined

lyrabbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No IELTS score, how long is allowed to add it in?

I must submit my application by end of this month as my age will reach 29 at that time.

In order to get the English language score, I have the support document indicate that my postgraduate instruction is in English. But I think it is not sufficiant, IELTS is still required.

However I haven't taken IELTS exam yet, and I need about 3 months to prepare for it. I wonder how long will the immigration ask for it from the receiving time? And how long is allowed for submittion from the asking.

Pls advise, thanks!

Last edited by lyrabbit; Aug 16th 2004 at 12:46 am.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 6:51 am
Maverick

myvkee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: No IELTS score, how long is allowed to complement it?

Originally Posted by lyrabbit
I must submit my application by end of this month as my age will reach 29 at that time.

In order to get the English language score, I have the support document indicate that my postgraduate instruction is in English. But I think it is not sufficiant, IELTS is still required.

However I haven't taken IELTS exam yet, and I need about 3 months to prepare for it. I wonder how long will the immigration ask for it from the receiving time? And how long is allowed for submittion from the asking.

Pls advise, thanks!
In my case- I lodged my application first and sent my IELTS after 2 months. In my opinion you must file the application before you cross 29 and lose 5 points. IELTS score can be sent after 3 months (as in your case).
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by myvkee
In my case- I lodged my application first and sent my IELTS after 2 months. In my opinion you must file the application before you cross 29 and lose 5 points. IELTS score can be sent after 3 months (as in your case).
Thanks myvkee, did you sent it upon request? How did you know they have attached it with your application? Did you get your visa already. Thanks for advising?

Other comments from experts?
Old Aug 15th 2004, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: No IELTS score, how long is allowed to complement it?

Any more advise? Appreciate your reply!
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Hans de Visser is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry, you'll still get 30 points for age when you're 29. It's not until you turn 30 that you'll lose 5 points.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 12:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hans de Visser
Don't worry, you'll still get 30 points for age when you're 29. It's not until you turn 30 that you'll lose 5 points.
Unfortunitly, my skill assessment will also expire by end of this month.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 10:15 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: No IELTS score, how long is allowed to add it in?

Pls advise, thanks!
I think you have the time untill you reach your 30th birthday. (Pls confrim with experts) So do your IELTS first and then send 47sk, coz nowadays DIMIA need to finish the processing within 1~2 months.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Prince1975
I think you have the time untill you reach your 30th birthday. (Pls confrim with experts) So do your IELTS first and then send 47sk, coz nowadays DIMIA need to finish the processing within 1~2 months.
"finish processing within 1-2 months"? Do you mean from lodge to "medical check" only 1-2 months? How can it be? It required about one year before, I think.

But my skill asessment will also expired by the end of this month. My postgraduate instruction is in English, do you think I can get 15 points upon it? Thanks!
Old Aug 16th 2004, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Gabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really nice

Pls advise, thanks!
I didn't submit my IELTS test when I sent the application. I had an Australian Translator Certificate, which I thought was enough to prove my English language competence and I also claimed 20 points for it.
When they sent me the letter asking for the medicals and police clearance certificate, they also asked me to take my IELTS test. They gave me 49 days to reply, counted from their sending date, or at least to send proof that I took action on the IELTS matter, e.g. a receipt to show that I am booked for a test in the near future. So I registered for a IELTS test and I sent them the receipt showing that I paid and that I was booked for the test. Two months after I took the test, I received the visa.

Good luck!
Gabriel
Old Aug 17th 2004, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gabriel
I didn't submit my IELTS test when I sent the application. I had an Australian Translator Certificate, which I thought was enough to prove my English language competence and I also claimed 20 points for it.
When they sent me the letter asking for the medicals and police clearance certificate, they also asked me to take my IELTS test. They gave me 49 days to reply, counted from their sending date, or at least to send proof that I took action on the IELTS matter, e.g. a receipt to show that I am booked for a test in the near future. So I registered for a IELTS test and I sent them the receipt showing that I paid and that I was booked for the test. Two months after I took the test, I received the visa.

Good luck!
Gabriel
Hi Gabriel,
Your reply is really valuable. It released me a lot. Thanks very much!