how can we get to australia???

Old Aug 16th 2004, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

bruffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question how can we get to australia???

hi all,
we are a family of 6(2 adults 4 kids). i am trying hard to get to australia, yet each immigration agency i phone tells me because i have no trade or degree i will never get in. i work as a site manager in the house build industry. i have been in the job for 11 years now and thought this would be plenty to go on!!!! i am only just 30 years old and 2 of my kids are 11 and 12 so if i start studying now they may not want to go once i have qualified. my wife works as a civil servant. if anyone has any advice for us it would be great.
THANKS.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: how can we get to australia???

Originally Posted by bruffy
hi all,
we are a family of 6(2 adults 4 kids). i am trying hard to get to australia, yet each immigration agency i phone tells me because i have no trade or degree i will never get in. i work as a site manager in the house build industry. i have been in the job for 11 years now and thought this would be plenty to go on!!!! i am only just 30 years old and 2 of my kids are 11 and 12 so if i start studying now they may not want to go once i have qualified. my wife works as a civil servant. if anyone has any advice for us it would be great.
THANKS.

http://www.australia-migration.com/p...inistrators/44

have a look at this it gives you a list of trades/jobs that you can apply under if any relate to what you do then yes i would say you have a chance once you have looked then go to

http://www.immi.gov.au/

make a note of the number from the sol list then look up who assess your trade once you have found this out then you apply and hope for the best.

for management im not sure if you need qualifications but i do know for a trades man you dont just plenty of years work experience

good luck and let me know how you get on

Debs xxxx
Old Aug 16th 2004, 7:49 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bruffy
hi all,
THANKS.
Hi
I think I replied on the other forum, but you need to check out the SOL list of occupations and see whether you qualify under any of them

You dont necessarily need qualifications as experience will usually do, as long as it is at least 6 years (some occupations need 7 or 8)
Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:04 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Hi
I think I replied on the other forum, but you need to check out the SOL list of occupations and see whether you qualify under any of them

You dont necessarily need qualifications as experience will usually do, as long as it is at least 6 years (some occupations need 7 or 8)
Experience will not 'usually' do for most occupations - tradesmen, IT professionals and senior managers being the exceptions to the rule.

For most professions, you can qualify with formal qualifications and less work experience than you mention.

Jeremy