Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Newbie, Received VIC SS, Have Some Confusions...

Newbie, Received VIC SS, Have Some Confusions...

Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:58 am
Just Joined

reddy.n is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Newbie, Received VIC SS, Have Some Confusions...

I just received Victoria SS today. We have decided to accept it later this week...

I have few confusions, please could some one clarify if there are any discrepencies:-

1) I come under ASCO 2231-79 Computing Professional (C#C++/C) which is in CSL. This is the code for which we received assessment from ACS and forwarded it to VIC. In the Email that I received from VIC, it says: (ASCO Code: 2231-79 Occupation: Computing Professionals nec). Is there something wrong here? Is it OK to submit VIC SS, or should I notify VIC SS about this difference?

2) If we get 176 for Victoria, (a) First time, should we travel directly to Victoria for Visa Validation? (b) During first two years, should I not travel to any other State during en-route Travel -or- for Holidays? (c) Am I still eligible to travel to New Zealand during first two years (during en-route -or- for Holidays)

3) Once we accept VIC SS, How long it takes to ask for Medicals and PCC? By the time DIAC requests Medicals and PCC, are the Job and Address Verifications completed?

4) We are based in India and plan to complete Medicals and PCC immediately before DIAC asks for it. Is it fine? Or should we wait for Email from DIAC? (I heard from my Visa Consultant that I better wait for DIAC Email before applying for Medicals and PCC, he says he had experience of DIAC asking for Medicals and PCC, in CSL cases even though they were front loaded (Our Visa Consultant works only for 175 Applications and is not aware of fine details for 176 SS Visa))
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

santosh_gj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbie, Received VIC SS, Have Some Confusions...

Originally Posted by reddy.n
I just received Victoria SS today. We have decided to accept it later this week...

I have few confusions, please could some one clarify if there are any discrepencies:-

1) I come under ASCO 2231-79 Computing Professional (C#C++/C) which is in CSL. This is the code for which we received assessment from ACS and forwarded it to VIC. In the Email that I received from VIC, it says: (ASCO Code: 2231-79 Occupation: Computing Professionals nec). Is there something wrong here? Is it OK to submit VIC SS, or should I notify VIC SS about this difference?

2) If we get 176 for Victoria, (a) First time, should we travel directly to Victoria for Visa Validation? (b) During first two years, should I not travel to any other State during en-route Travel -or- for Holidays? (c) Am I still eligible to travel to New Zealand during first two years (during en-route -or- for Holidays)

3) Once we accept VIC SS, How long it takes to ask for Medicals and PCC? By the time DIAC requests Medicals and PCC, are the Job and Address Verifications completed?

4) We are based in India and plan to complete Medicals and PCC immediately before DIAC asks for it. Is it fine? Or should we wait for Email from DIAC? (I heard from my Visa Consultant that I better wait for DIAC Email before applying for Medicals and PCC, he says he had experience of DIAC asking for Medicals and PCC, in CSL cases even though they were front loaded (Our Visa Consultant works only for 175 Applications and is not aware of fine details for 176 SS Visa))
Congrats Reddy for getting Vic SS approval. By the way, when did you apply for Vic SS? was it online? how long did it take for your approval? I have also applied for Vic SS on Sep 2nd..it has been more than 14+ weeks, I have not yet got the approval....still waiting....even i m from india.....
As far as my knowledge goes, once Vic SS approval comes, they have to fill in some form and send it to DIAC within 10 days, after which you case may be assigned to a case officer, who requests for Meds and PCC from you....i m not sure about the timelines....
Old Dec 16th 2009, 3:04 am
Just Joined

Question Re: Newbie, Received VIC SS, Have Some Confusions...

Originally Posted by santosh_gj
Congrats Reddy for getting Vic SS approval. By the way, when did you apply for Vic SS? was it online? how long did it take for your approval? I have also applied for Vic SS on Sep 2nd..it has been more than 14+ weeks, I have not yet got the approval....still waiting....even i m from india.....
As far as my knowledge goes, once Vic SS approval comes, they have to fill in some form and send it to DIAC within 10 days, after which you case may be assigned to a case officer, who requests for Meds and PCC from you....i m not sure about the timelines....
I applied 28th Sep/Online.

Hello Everyone,
My main concern is does this Victoria SS affect my CSL Category? Will I continue to be in CSL?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

ozmania is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by reddy.n
I applied 28th Sep/Online.

Hello Everyone,
My main concern is does this Victoria SS affect my CSL Category? Will I continue to be in CSL?
Congrats!
No, the Vic SS won't affect ur CSL category. The ASCO code refers to the same.
Also, i would suggest to process ur PCC and medicals as very soon u will be asked for that. Moreover the validity for PCC and Meds ois 1 year which is good enough in your case, as very def. ur case will be decided soon...and frontloading the meds and PCC will further save u time.

cheers!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ozmania
Congrats!
No, the Vic SS won't affect ur CSL category. The ASCO code refers to the same.
Also, i would suggest to process ur PCC and medicals as very soon u will be asked for that. Moreover the validity for PCC and Meds ois 1 year which is good enough in your case, as very def. ur case will be decided soon...and frontloading the meds and PCC will further save u time.

cheers!
Thank you for the Quick Reply. I hope your reply holds good in my case. I like to hear from some one who faced -or- came across similar case so I can take care of State Sponsored CSL category (Priority-II) at all stages.

I also noticed that there was no option to select "C#/C++/C" category in VIC SS Application ( http : // i48 . tinypic . com / 2vl41m8 . jpg ) in Section Q2.2 Q2.2 Occupation you will be nominating on your Department of Immigration And Citizenship (DIAC) application