Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

New Visa Processing Priorities, Who gets a case officer first?

New Visa Processing Priorities, Who gets a case officer first?

Old Jan 27th 2009, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Reuven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Visa Processing Priorities, Who gets a case officer first?

Hi guys,

I just thought that I would upload a copy of a letter we are sending out to our clients to inform them of the impact of the recent changes to the priorising of the allocation of case officers.

I am sure that many of you are now aware that state sponsored applications are getting immediate priority.

If you are interested in speeding up your processing time, I suggest that you contact a registered agent to advise you and assist you with a state sponsorship application.

Cheers

Reuven Abeshouse
Registered Migration Agent MARN 0854073
[email protected]
www.migrate2oz.co.za
Attached Files
Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all
Default Re: New Visa Processing Priorities, Who gets a case officer first?

How can you say you can speed up processing, then say in your letter that it's a new system and will take time to see how long visa processing will take ? Maybe the glut of people all rushing to get state sponsorship will clog that system and cause longer delays.
Just my thoughts.

Chris.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going the MODL/CSL route for a 175.

Does this mean that when my app is submitted (which should be late Feb/Early March, depending on how long the skills assesment takes), I'll go near the front of the queue, behind only the new State Sponsored folk and any other outstanding MODL/CSL applicants?

Might this actually result in a fairly quick process (I've been expecting 9-12 months).

Or will the process everyone who's in by Feb12th then start on the priority list again???
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know how this affects business visa applicants or current processing time for 163s?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Reuven is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisling
How can you say you can speed up processing, then say in your letter that it's a new system and will take time to see how long visa processing will take ? Maybe the glut of people all rushing to get state sponsorship will clog that system and cause longer delays.
Just my thoughts.

Chris.
Chris,

I agree that many applicants will now try and get state sponsorships and convert their 175 applications to 176 applications. However, sponsored applicant will continue to get priority over CSL and MODL applicants. This means that if you are a 176 state sponsored things should more quite fast.

Cheers
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

We are a 176 and on CSL and submitted June 08 and we have not received a CO yet hopefully it will happen soon
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

vickiejaynem will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shar07
We are a 176 and on CSL and submitted June 08 and we have not received a CO yet hopefully it will happen soon
does anyone know if you been waiting since last July like us and on CSL will we get done first as applied first or will in just be everyone in one go regardless of when you applied? there are still a number of us from first 7months of last year waiting.anyone got any idea?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:05 am
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of

shar07/vickiejaynem,

Nobody knows at this stage how it is going to work, it is a wait-and-see exercise.

DIAC have not started processing CSL applications (only employer and state sponsored), so if you're on CSL, you won't have received a Case Officer yet... this is why Migration Agents are recommending changing to state sponsored, as these are being processed as we speak.