Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Old Apr 12th 2010, 1:55 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
surhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the rough
Default New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Immigration South Australia
New Procedures for State Sponsorships

In February this year the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) announced, among other changes, that the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) will be reviewed. This new list of occupations will be released by DIAC at the end of April for implementation in mid 2010. It is therefore to follow that applicants whose occupations that are not to be included in the new SOL will need to have their visa applications lodged with DIAC before the implementation date of mid 2010 (an exact date for the implementation of the new SOL has not been released by DIAC at time of this update).

In anticipation of this, Immigration SA will be implementing the following procedure to assist applicants who wish to have their sponsorship applications/decision available in time to lodge their visa application with DIAC before the implementation date of the new SOL.

If you wish to have a decision on your sponsorship application before the new SOL is implemented by DIAC, you must comply with the following:

·Submit your full application as soon as possible.
·All Sponsorship applications must be lodged online AND all supporting documents registered at Immigration SA before 14 May 2010
·On 14 May 2010 the Sponsorship Online application system will be closed down for a short period of time – There will be no access to the system during this time. You will need to monitor the website.
·All applications will be assessed according to order of registration – no fast tracking for any reason
·Annual planning levels apply to all occupations on the Sponsorship List. Once the planning level has been reached for that occupation, the occupation will no longer be available for sponsorship for this financial year regardless of the date of online lodgement or registration. All remaining applications received for that occupation will be refused.
·Applications that are received after 14 May 2010 (when the system is switched back on) will be placed in the ‘queue’ for processing under the new SOL, unless the (sponsorship) planning levels are reached for that occupation.
·Sponsorship applications submitted and registered in the queue under the new SOL will be assessed in 4 – 8 weeks, according to current Visa and Sponsorship criteria at the time of assessment regardless of whether a visa application has been lodged with DIAC.

State Migration Plans (and any associated lists)

These requirements and arrangements may change when State Migration Plans (and any associated lists) are finalised and implemented. These are expected to be completed in the middle of 2010.

Occupations included in State Migration Plans, criteria, procedures will be published on this website when available.

Deadline: 14 May 2010
If your sponsorship application is not submitted online AND all the supporting documents registered at Immigration SA before 14 May 2010, your sponsorship application will not have a decision before July 2010.

If DIAC makes any significant changes to the implementation date of the new SOL, this may affect the 14 May 2010 deadline and subsequent temporary closing down of the Online application system.
surhythms is offline  
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:41 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Hanging
Posts: 205
FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Nice Set of Information posted surhythms. Need quick decsion by all those now who are eligible and planning for SA SS.
FriendForEver is offline  
Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:11 am
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 325
jovipk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Hi,

Very informative, do u have any update about Victoria SS or SMP, though I have got Vic SS and my application is in process with DIAC, curios to know what could be the impact on my application with effect of new SOL.

2nd confusion logically SS and SMP both looks the same, is their any logical difference among them.

Thx!
jovipk is offline  
Old Apr 13th 2010, 10:49 am
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
surhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Originally Posted by jovipk View Post
Hi,

Very informative, do u have any update about Victoria SS or SMP, though I have got Vic SS and my application is in process with DIAC, curios to know what could be the impact on my application with effect of new SOL.

2nd confusion logically SS and SMP both looks the same, is their any logical difference among them.

Thx!
Sorry I dont have an update on Vic SS. i guess we are all sitting and waiting for the end of the month to see what happens. I reckon there will be a difference between SS and SMP although that would be PURE speculation on my part!!
surhythms is offline  
Old Apr 13th 2010, 8:46 pm
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 714
QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Default Re: New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Originally Posted by surhythms View Post
Immigration South Australia
New Procedures for State Sponsorships

In February this year the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) announced, among other changes, that the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) will be reviewed. This new list of occupations will be released by DIAC at the end of April for implementation in mid 2010. It is therefore to follow that applicants whose occupations that are not to be included in the new SOL will need to have their visa applications lodged with DIAC before the implementation date of mid 2010 (an exact date for the implementation of the new SOL has not been released by DIAC at time of this update).

In anticipation of this, Immigration SA will be implementing the following procedure to assist applicants who wish to have their sponsorship applications/decision available in time to lodge their visa application with DIAC before the implementation date of the new SOL.

If you wish to have a decision on your sponsorship application before the new SOL is implemented by DIAC, you must comply with the following:

·Submit your full application as soon as possible.
·All Sponsorship applications must be lodged online AND all supporting documents registered at Immigration SA before 14 May 2010
·On 14 May 2010 the Sponsorship Online application system will be closed down for a short period of time – There will be no access to the system during this time. You will need to monitor the website.
·All applications will be assessed according to order of registration – no fast tracking for any reason
·Annual planning levels apply to all occupations on the Sponsorship List. Once the planning level has been reached for that occupation, the occupation will no longer be available for sponsorship for this financial year regardless of the date of online lodgement or registration. All remaining applications received for that occupation will be refused.
·Applications that are received after 14 May 2010 (when the system is switched back on) will be placed in the ‘queue’ for processing under the new SOL, unless the (sponsorship) planning levels are reached for that occupation.
·Sponsorship applications submitted and registered in the queue under the new SOL will be assessed in 4 – 8 weeks, according to current Visa and Sponsorship criteria at the time of assessment regardless of whether a visa application has been lodged with DIAC.

State Migration Plans (and any associated lists)

These requirements and arrangements may change when State Migration Plans (and any associated lists) are finalised and implemented. These are expected to be completed in the middle of 2010.

Occupations included in State Migration Plans, criteria, procedures will be published on this website when available.

Deadline: 14 May 2010
If your sponsorship application is not submitted online AND all the supporting documents registered at Immigration SA before 14 May 2010, your sponsorship application will not have a decision before July 2010.

If DIAC makes any significant changes to the implementation date of the new SOL, this may affect the 14 May 2010 deadline and subsequent temporary closing down of the Online application system.
Could you give the direct link of this information ? thanks
QLDlover is offline  
Old Apr 13th 2010, 8:59 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
surhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Originally Posted by r_1159 View Post
Could you give the direct link of this information ? thanks
sure : http://www.*************/forum/migrat...angements.html
surhythms is offline  
Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:27 pm
  #7  
Fronting the Parole Board
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,467
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Originally Posted by surhythms View Post
An official link would be better than another forum - is it on the DIAC site or the SA sponsorship site?
Thanks
Pollyana is offline  
Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:30 pm
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 714
QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Default Re: New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
An official link would be better than another forum - is it on the DIAC site or the SA sponsorship site?
Thanks
I checked and did not find anything is SA website!
QLDlover is offline  
Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:36 pm
  #9  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
surhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
An official link would be better than another forum - is it on the DIAC site or the SA sponsorship site?
Thanks
Sorry but this is where I got the information - it was an email sent to a migration agent - George Lombard who posted the email onto the site. George also posts details on here so I am sure that it is true. It would not be on the DIAC website as it is directly from SA state.

The ACT also sent emails to agents which are not on their website and the details were true.
surhythms is offline  
Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:36 pm
  #10  
Fronting the Parole Board
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,467
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Originally Posted by r_1159 View Post
I checked and did not find anything is SA website!
OK, good to know where the info came from, thats all
Pollyana is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2010, 3:25 am
  #11  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 5
bhavnabedi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Originally Posted by surhythms View Post
Sorry but this is where I got the information - it was an email sent to a migration agent - George Lombard who posted the email onto the site. George also posts details on here so I am sure that it is true. It would not be on the DIAC website as it is directly from SA state.

The ACT also sent emails to agents which are not on their website and the details were true.
VEry Informative info .....since I am in Adelaide and looking for an agent in South Asutralia........ Can you please advise if George is based in adelaide
bhavnabedi is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:52 am
  #12  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
surhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the roughsurhythms is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Originally Posted by bhavnabedi View Post
VEry Informative info .....since I am in Adelaide and looking for an agent in South Asutralia........ Can you please advise if George is based in adelaide
I think he is based in NSW
surhythms is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:12 am
  #13  
Shafaqat Ali
 
shafaqat309's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: From Lahore to Brisbane
Posts: 2,251
shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

here is the official link
shafaqat309 is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:39 am
  #14  
Fronting the Parole Board
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,467
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Originally Posted by surhythms View Post
I think he is based in NSW
He's based in Sydney but has clients all over the world

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 View Post
here is the official link
Thanks
Pollyana is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.