British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/new-procedures-state-sponsorships-south-australia-663652/)

surhythms Apr 12th 2010 12:55 pm

New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Immigration South Australia
New Procedures for State Sponsorships

In February this year the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) announced, among other changes, that the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) will be reviewed. This new list of occupations will be released by DIAC at the end of April for implementation in mid 2010. It is therefore to follow that applicants whose occupations that are not to be included in the new SOL will need to have their visa applications lodged with DIAC before the implementation date of mid 2010 (an exact date for the implementation of the new SOL has not been released by DIAC at time of this update).

In anticipation of this, Immigration SA will be implementing the following procedure to assist applicants who wish to have their sponsorship applications/decision available in time to lodge their visa application with DIAC before the implementation date of the new SOL.

If you wish to have a decision on your sponsorship application before the new SOL is implemented by DIAC, you must comply with the following:

·Submit your full application as soon as possible.
·All Sponsorship applications must be lodged online AND all supporting documents registered at Immigration SA before 14 May 2010
·On 14 May 2010 the Sponsorship Online application system will be closed down for a short period of time – There will be no access to the system during this time. You will need to monitor the website.
·All applications will be assessed according to order of registration – no fast tracking for any reason
·Annual planning levels apply to all occupations on the Sponsorship List. Once the planning level has been reached for that occupation, the occupation will no longer be available for sponsorship for this financial year regardless of the date of online lodgement or registration. All remaining applications received for that occupation will be refused.
·Applications that are received after 14 May 2010 (when the system is switched back on) will be placed in the ‘queue’ for processing under the new SOL, unless the (sponsorship) planning levels are reached for that occupation.
·Sponsorship applications submitted and registered in the queue under the new SOL will be assessed in 4 – 8 weeks, according to current Visa and Sponsorship criteria at the time of assessment regardless of whether a visa application has been lodged with DIAC.

State Migration Plans (and any associated lists)

These requirements and arrangements may change when State Migration Plans (and any associated lists) are finalised and implemented. These are expected to be completed in the middle of 2010.

Occupations included in State Migration Plans, criteria, procedures will be published on this website when available.

Deadline: 14 May 2010
If your sponsorship application is not submitted online AND all the supporting documents registered at Immigration SA before 14 May 2010, your sponsorship application will not have a decision before July 2010.

If DIAC makes any significant changes to the implementation date of the new SOL, this may affect the 14 May 2010 deadline and subsequent temporary closing down of the Online application system.

FriendForEver Apr 13th 2010 4:41 am

Re: New Procedures for State Sponsorships - South Australia

Nice Set of Information posted surhythms. Need quick decsion by all those now who are eligible and planning for SA SS.

jovipk Apr 13th 2010 8:11 am

Hi,

Very informative, do u have any update about Victoria SS or SMP, though I have got Vic SS and my application is in process with DIAC, curios to know what could be the impact on my application with effect of new SOL.

2nd confusion logically SS and SMP both looks the same, is their any logical difference among them.

Thx!

surhythms Apr 13th 2010 9:49 am

Originally Posted by jovipk (Post 8492119)
Hi,

Very informative, do u have any update about Victoria SS or SMP, though I have got Vic SS and my application is in process with DIAC, curios to know what could be the impact on my application with effect of new SOL.

2nd confusion logically SS and SMP both looks the same, is their any logical difference among them.

Thx!

Sorry I dont have an update on Vic SS. i guess we are all sitting and waiting for the end of the month to see what happens. I reckon there will be a difference between SS and SMP although that would be PURE speculation on my part!!:D

QLDlover Apr 13th 2010 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by surhythms (Post 8490028)
Immigration South Australia
New Procedures for State Sponsorships

In February this year the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) announced, among other changes, that the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) will be reviewed. This new list of occupations will be released by DIAC at the end of April for implementation in mid 2010. It is therefore to follow that applicants whose occupations that are not to be included in the new SOL will need to have their visa applications lodged with DIAC before the implementation date of mid 2010 (an exact date for the implementation of the new SOL has not been released by DIAC at time of this update).

In anticipation of this, Immigration SA will be implementing the following procedure to assist applicants who wish to have their sponsorship applications/decision available in time to lodge their visa application with DIAC before the implementation date of the new SOL.

If you wish to have a decision on your sponsorship application before the new SOL is implemented by DIAC, you must comply with the following:

·Submit your full application as soon as possible.
·All Sponsorship applications must be lodged online AND all supporting documents registered at Immigration SA before 14 May 2010
·On 14 May 2010 the Sponsorship Online application system will be closed down for a short period of time – There will be no access to the system during this time. You will need to monitor the website.
·All applications will be assessed according to order of registration – no fast tracking for any reason
·Annual planning levels apply to all occupations on the Sponsorship List. Once the planning level has been reached for that occupation, the occupation will no longer be available for sponsorship for this financial year regardless of the date of online lodgement or registration. All remaining applications received for that occupation will be refused.
·Applications that are received after 14 May 2010 (when the system is switched back on) will be placed in the ‘queue’ for processing under the new SOL, unless the (sponsorship) planning levels are reached for that occupation.
·Sponsorship applications submitted and registered in the queue under the new SOL will be assessed in 4 – 8 weeks, according to current Visa and Sponsorship criteria at the time of assessment regardless of whether a visa application has been lodged with DIAC.

State Migration Plans (and any associated lists)

These requirements and arrangements may change when State Migration Plans (and any associated lists) are finalised and implemented. These are expected to be completed in the middle of 2010.

Occupations included in State Migration Plans, criteria, procedures will be published on this website when available.

Deadline: 14 May 2010
If your sponsorship application is not submitted online AND all the supporting documents registered at Immigration SA before 14 May 2010, your sponsorship application will not have a decision before July 2010.

If DIAC makes any significant changes to the implementation date of the new SOL, this may affect the 14 May 2010 deadline and subsequent temporary closing down of the Online application system.

Could you give the direct link of this information ? thanks

surhythms Apr 13th 2010 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by r_1159 (Post 8493565)
Could you give the direct link of this information ? thanks

sure : http://www.*************/forum/migrat...angements.html

Pollyana Apr 13th 2010 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by surhythms (Post 8493596)

An official link would be better than another forum - is it on the DIAC site or the SA sponsorship site?

QLDlover Apr 13th 2010 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8493652)
An official link would be better than another forum - is it on the DIAC site or the SA sponsorship site?

I checked and did not find anything is SA website!

surhythms Apr 13th 2010 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8493652)

Sorry but this is where I got the information - it was an email sent to a migration agent - George Lombard who posted the email onto the site. George also posts details on here so I am sure that it is true. It would not be on the DIAC website as it is directly from SA state.

The ACT also sent emails to agents which are not on their website and the details were true.

Pollyana Apr 13th 2010 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by r_1159 (Post 8493660)
I checked and did not find anything is SA website!

OK, good to know where the info came from, thats all :)

bhavnabedi Apr 14th 2010 2:25 am

Originally Posted by surhythms (Post 8493672)
Sorry but this is where I got the information - it was an email sent to a migration agent - George Lombard who posted the email onto the site. George also posts details on here so I am sure that it is true. It would not be on the DIAC website as it is directly from SA state.

The ACT also sent emails to agents which are not on their website and the details were true.

VEry Informative info .....since I am in Adelaide and looking for an agent in South Asutralia........ Can you please advise if George is based in adelaide

surhythms Apr 14th 2010 7:52 am

Originally Posted by bhavnabedi (Post 8494370)
VEry Informative info .....since I am in Adelaide and looking for an agent in South Asutralia........ Can you please advise if George is based in adelaide

I think he is based in NSW

shafaqat309 Apr 14th 2010 8:12 am

here is the official link

Pollyana Apr 14th 2010 8:39 am

Originally Posted by surhythms (Post 8494807)
I think he is based in NSW

He's based in Sydney but has clients all over the world :)

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 (Post 8494840)
here is the official link