Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

NEW PRIORITY PROCESSING ANNOUNCED ON 19 JULY 2010 (merged threads)

NEW PRIORITY PROCESSING ANNOUNCED ON 19 JULY 2010 (merged threads)

Old Jul 20th 2010, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

DUDreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEW PRIORITY PROCESSING ANNOUNCED ON 19 JULY 2010 (merged threads)

Originally Posted by adeel.zafar
Just noticed one thing........

State sponsorship does not qualify you for Priority processing 2 unless your nominated occupation is on SMP which has not been announced yet by many states......
which means Priority 3 might progress a little faster .....
Old Jul 20th 2010, 5:13 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Logically they should do it automatically if its a straight forward mapping, but some occupations may not be mapped directly... so those people may need to get new codes by respective skill assessment agencies... but hey thats all just my thinking.... no fact nothing....
New codes means new assessment and new visa application, so i think that would not be the solution.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 6:11 pm

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
New codes means new assessment and new visa application, so i think that would not be the solution.
Are you sure about this? Any official link etc? To me it seems unfair that lets say a Chemical Engineer (with ASCO code) who applied in 2009 has to withdraw and apply again as a Chemical Engineer (with new ANZCO code) to get new priority... BUT you never know may be its like this... but official link will be appreciated otherwise the straight-mapping scenarios seems stupid if they have to reapply....
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

acotiga will become famous soon enough

I suggest you to make further enquiries to that 'cause look what IeAust has to say:

Please note - For applicants who hold, or are about to hold, an assessment outcome letter with an ASCO code issued by this office prior to 1 July 2010, and who lodge an application to DIAC within 12 months of the date of this letter:

The ASCO based skills assessment will remain valid - please check the specific schedule(s) from the new SOL/ENSOL that applies to your individual situation.

I don't really think it depends on the assessment bodies as some may and others may not consider ASCO in DIAC. I think it's a general rule.

Also, from my point of view, if I would have been DIAC and I would have chosen to completely ignore any ASCO codes, well Schedule 3 would not have the third column (ASCO code).

Later edit: Ahh, and link http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au...a/msa_home.cfm

Last edited by acotiga; Jul 20th 2010 at 7:46 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:07 am
Just Joined

ARIO is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

any of Computing Professional apllicant who lodge under asco code 2231-79 got something new from C.O would share it with US. any answer appritiated.
I am in final process and worried about every thing. I've sent meds and pcc by officer request on July 14, my PCC has met but MEDs just stay at referred situation.

thankyou
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

gillgee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jovipk
I am anxiously waiting for upcoming Victoria SMP, so that I can convert my SS to SMP, confused will DIAC gonna charge for this conversion as well!
Dear

In DIAC announcement If you fall in SMP and already have SS then you are automatically fall in priority group 2 .

Cheers
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by intellect20
Is ANZSCO will be treated equal to ASCO. What if an applicant's occupation is on scedule 3 but offcourse schedule 3 has different code ANZSCO and not ASCO. Will the applicant be on Priority group 3?

I am talking about old applicants who had applied on their ASCO codes.
My understandings are...

If you 've an occupation on NEW SOL (Schedule 3)then you fall in group 3 (ANZSCO doesn't matter in that case.)

As I 'm Electronics Engineer and this occupation is on new SOL (with some ANZSCO),So I fall in priority group 3.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: NEW POLICY RESPONSE

Originally Posted by lovekan
i applied in Aug 2008 for 175 visa not on csl or modl. as a information technology manager

do i come under any priority at all???
If its on New SOl,then u fall in group 3 priority.So simple dear...
Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Are you sure about this? Any official link etc? To me it seems unfair that lets say a Chemical Engineer (with ASCO code) who applied in 2009 has to withdraw and apply again as a Chemical Engineer (with new ANZCO code) to get new priority... BUT you never know may be its like this... but official link will be appreciated otherwise the straight-mapping scenarios seems stupid if they have to reapply....
Dear DIAC always talks about Occupation NOT CODE.

If ur OCCUPATION is now on schedule3(say it Chemical Engineer),then u fall in cat 3. ASCO/ANZSCO matters where occupation name is changed.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:33 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

my point is if you have applied with a ASCO and after mapping if it is not on the new SOL but you want to get high priority then u have to lodge new application.

I was referring new Codes not mapped codes, hope you know the differences.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by gillgee
Dear DIAC always talks about Occupation NOT CODE.

If ur OCCUPATION is now on schedule3(say it Chemical Engineer),then u fall in cat 3. ASCO/ANZSCO matters where occupation name is changed.
I too have the same understanding and stated it in my post but Shafaqat said its not the solution.... so thats why I was asking link for the for official link contradicting what both you and I think...
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Faraz_Vip is on a distinguished road

Hey,

I just recieved request of PCC and Meds today. I thought ICT CSL applicants will have to wait much longer due to recent change in priortiy processing. Thank god!

Regards,
Faraz
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:57 am

my point is if you have applied with a ASCO and after mapping if it is not on the new SOL but you want to get high priority then u have to lodge new application.

I was referring new Codes not mapped codes, hope you know the differences.
thats what I said originally and you said thats not the solution.....
Old Jul 21st 2010, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: NEW PRIORITY PROCESSING ANNOUNCED ON 19 JULY 2010 (merged threads)

Originally Posted by Faraz_Vip
Hey,

I just recieved request of PCC and Meds today. I thought ICT CSL applicants will have to wait much longer due to recent change in priortiy processing. Thank god!

Regards,
Faraz
ICT Professionals....

Its party time for you people.DIAC is actively considering ICT applications.(Faraz and Ali's CO response are big proofs.)

Dear Faraz

R u online applicant?wt's ur documenst online status including your Form 80 status?
Everthing yet MET or not?
Either u 're still single?
Old Jul 21st 2010, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

milon_h is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Faraz_Vip
Hey,

Regards,
Faraz
Hi..this is good news for you and many others...can you plz tell me what is the timeframe to response..(sending MED and PCC)

Reg,
MILON

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.