New passport, new visa label?

Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

dedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the rough
Question New passport, new visa label?

I just received my new passport that has my married name in it finally.

Now the question is do I need to inform DIAC, probably do, and how do I get the the label for our 457 visa in my passport?
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

pomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant future
Default Re: New passport, new visa label?

If you can get to a DIAC regional office take your new passport in with your old one, and they put a new label in it free of charge. If you cant get to an regional office as long as you carry your old passport with the label in it you just show them that at immigration at the airport.

Im sure you could post your new passport to a regional office maybe you would have to call them to find out.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

dedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by pomref
If you can get to a DIAC regional office take your new passport in with your old one, and they put a new label in it free of charge. If you cant get to an regional office as long as you carry your old passport with the label in it you just show them that at immigration at the airport.

Im sure you could post your new passport to a regional office maybe you would have to call them to find out.
Thanks, we have one here in Cairns. Will pop in there this week.

Wan't sure if I had to send it all the way to Adelaide or Canberra though.

Cheers

D
Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dedrei
Thanks, we have one here in Cairns. Will pop in there this week.

Wan't sure if I had to send it all the way to Adelaide or Canberra though.

Cheers

D
If you have an office in Cairns you should be fine and they ought to update the records on the spot and give you a new label. As far as I know the new label should be free - certainly PR ones are - but some smaller offices are unsure of the rules, so if they try to charge you a horrendous amount get them to check with a Higher Power!