New to forum, Please help with TRA!!!!

Old Mar 5th 2007, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Sam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to all
Default New to forum, Please help with TRA!!!!

Hi all! Have been reading posts for a few weeks and thought that it was about time we joined! We are me and hubby, beginning the visa process for 136 MODL on hubbys trade. Would somebody please clarify something for me, regarding employment info for TRA?? Hubby has always been self employed, but rather than having his own business, he sub contracts to people. He doesnt seem to fit neatly under either the self employed category or the employed category!! Typical man, eh!! The guy that he currently subs for has been providing work for about 12 years and is very happy to give a statement, as are others that OH has subbed to in past, therefore do we need to get statements from all past people he has subbed for? Problem here is that during the recession in the early 90s, he changed sub every few days as he just took whatever he could get! He is fully trained, C&G and has 21 years experience. Any help would be great, thanks!!!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to forum, Please help with TRA!!!!

Originally Posted by Sam-Jules
Hi all! Have been reading posts for a few weeks and thought that it was about time we joined! We are me and hubby, beginning the visa process for 136 MODL on hubbys trade. Would somebody please clarify something for me, regarding employment info for TRA?? Hubby has always been self employed, but rather than having his own business, he sub contracts to people. He doesnt seem to fit neatly under either the self employed category or the employed category!! Typical man, eh!! The guy that he currently subs for has been providing work for about 12 years and is very happy to give a statement, as are others that OH has subbed to in past, therefore do we need to get statements from all past people he has subbed for? Problem here is that during the recession in the early 90s, he changed sub every few days as he just took whatever he could get! He is fully trained, C&G and has 21 years experience. Any help would be great, thanks!!!
What trade does your OH do?

I'd say if your hubby has subcontracted for the same guy for 12 years then a detailed statement from him is essential. Then maybe get three or four others as well.

He needs to prove full time work, so get as much info as you can to show that. He will also need his accounts or payslips as proof.

He needs to provide details of his apprentiship (if he did one), together with a reference from them if possible. He will also need to send certified copies of his certificates (I suggest getting 3 or 4 copies as you will most likely need them again)

This link may also help you http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...ia4Oct2006.pdf
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

spudnut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my OH was in exactly the same position as yours sub contracting for same guy for last 12 years he gad to get a very detailed reference from him and 2 basic reference from two others. He had to also do a statutory declaration saying exactly what he does within his job the tools he uses the qualifications he had and a description of each of the different types of jobs he had done. He is a brickie so he had to say things like houses, extensions, factories, brick work, block work, renervation etc just put down as much as you can to make it to two pages. As the other reply said get copies of certificates and I think you need 2 lots certified.

good luck

If I can help more just ask.

Sharon
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

As well as proof of your oh doing his job for the past 12 years what they are also very interested in is how he became skilled.

If he could get a reference from the guy that actually trained him would be perfect but if not a should write out a detailed stat dec detailing his training down to the smallest detail.

Good luck.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Sam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to allSam-Jules is a name known to all

Thanks for all of your replies! It just all seems so complicated!! And there I was thinking we could do it with out an agent!!!! I think we will start with trying to get the ref from the firm he did his apprenticeship with, all of those years ago!!!! We have original certificates and indentures, so thats a start. Hubby is a chippie by the way, does pretty much anything, but main work is new builds on site etc. Also fits kitchens and wardrobes etc- just hope we can make it!!!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

We used an agent and I am also self employed in the building game.

We used Go Matilda and they have been excellent, it took a lot of stress out of the whole process and we now have a CO and are waiting for meds. They assisited in the TRA process but I still had to do all of the donkey work.

You may find it easier to write references yourself and email them to previous employers as a guide to what you want. It will probably speed them up a bit.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

spudnut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi if you have'nt already got an agent Ian Harrop & Associates have been brilliant, they even have a guy based in Australia who deals with the TRA's if they are a bit complicated like ours and yours! The guy also worked in the TRA office before working with Ian. So he knows what to write. Not to expensive either. Our TRA from going in to the guy phoning from Oz (at 6am) was 16 days.

sharon
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

If you want an agent, then Glenn Newton is the guy for the TRA. He was a director

Google his name and you'll find his website