Need Urgent Advise!

Old Jun 20th 2006, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Harryp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Urgent Advise!

Hi everyone,

I need urgent advise for my brother, who applied for S.I.R. Visa for South Australia. We are from India, and my brother applied for SIR visa on 11th March, 2006. His score in IELTS was 5.0 band with 4.5 band in reading section.

We received a rejection letter from DIMIA stating that the applicant does not have vocational English.

What can be done regarding this? I am surprised should not the DIMIA people give some more time to pass the IELTS with the required score.

I ask all the moderators about their advise regarding this.

Thanks

Harryp
Old Jun 20th 2006, 8:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Urgent Advise!

Originally Posted by Harryp
Hi everyone,

I need urgent advise for my brother, who applied for S.I.R. Visa for South Australia. We are from India, and my brother applied for SIR visa on 11th March, 2006. His score in IELTS was 5.0 band with 4.5 band in reading section.

We received a rejection letter from DIMIA stating that the applicant does not have vocational English.

What can be done regarding this? I am surprised should not the DIMIA people give some more time to pass the IELTS with the required score.

Thanks

Harryp
Its an agent you need to speak to, not a moderator.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:31 am
Tony Kidd

Harryp wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I need urgent advise for my brother, who applied for S.I.R. Visa for
    > South Australia. We are from India, and my brother applied for SIR visa
    > on 11th March, 2006. His score in IELTS was 5.0 band with 4.5 band in
    > reading section.
    >
    > We received a rejection letter from DIMIA stating that the applicant
    > does not have vocational English.
    >
    > What can be done regarding this? I am surprised should not the DIMIA
    > people give some more time to pass the IELTS with the required score.
    >
    > I ask all the moderators about their advise regarding this.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Harryp
    >
Hi harry
If it's an SIR you probably don't have review rights. That means you
will have to apply all over again. The dept can be very harsh sometimes.

tony

mygreatconsultants.com.au

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:52 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harryp
Hi everyone,

Thanks

Harryp

Dear Harry,

If your brother is onshore and is applying as a graduating student then he should have an appeal right to the MRT. Otherwise, you just need to apply again. I imagine that the SA sponsorship could still be valid, meaning you'd just need to lodge a new application with a new IELTS score, but you'd need to check with SA, which is generally insisting on an IELTS result before it will sponsor people these days.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au