Need info on a registered agent

Old Apr 4th 2010, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

aPerfectCircle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need info on a registered agent

Hi guys,

I am about to sign a contract with an agent called Stephen Dickson from a company called Migration Outcomes Australia, if anyone can give any info on him or this company or if there is anyone who signed with him to be his or her agent and can tell me if i should or shouldn't sign with him.

Thank you guys in advance.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 1:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need info on a registered agent

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Regist...ent-Australia_ offers a generic discussion
Old Apr 4th 2010, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Thanks JAJ for the link, I already read that. I was looking more for someone who interacted with him on a personal level.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Would you be happy for somebody to stick your name up on a forum and ask people for opinions of you on a personal level?
Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Would you be happy for somebody to stick your name up on a forum and ask people for opinions of you on a personal level?
What i meant here is that someone interacted with him on a personal level so that i can get his or her opinion on him professionally.

I think you're the one who's taking this personally, maybe you're just having a bad day.

Thank you for your reply anyway.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aPerfectCircle
What i meant here is that someone interacted with him on a personal level so that i can get his or her opinion on him professionally.

I think you're the one who's taking this personally, maybe you're just having a bad day.

Thank you for your reply anyway.
Why would I take this personally? That does not even make sense.

Nor am I having a bad day in particular, I am clearly just more familiar with libel risks than you are.

And consider my question. Would you like to discover your name has been posted up on an internet forum by a stranger asking other strangers for comments about you, whether it is about your professional expertise or otherwise. I daresay the answer is no. So why do it to somebody else.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Why would I take this personally? That does not even make sense.

Nor am I having a bad day in particular, I am clearly just more familiar with libel risks than you are.

And consider my question. Would you like to discover your name has been posted up on an internet forum by a stranger asking other strangers for comments about you, whether it is about your professional expertise or otherwise. I daresay the answer is no. So why do it to somebody else.
I think when you're about to have a heart surgery and you didn't have any history with the surgon doing the surgery the first thing you do is to circulate his or her name to see how good he or she is at what they do. Am I right or what ?

Not just that you're paying thousands of dollars, you're also risking your chances with migrating and before you make any further step you need to be 100% sure that you're making the right choice.

Its not like i was going on a date and i was putting my date's name on the internet to see if she is worth dating or not !!!!
Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Unless you have asked Stephen Dickson's permission to publish his name and canvas for feedback you are really out of order.

If I went for a job interview last week I would not expect to google my name the following day and see that the company has posted a thread on an accountancy body internet forum asking for opinions of me. Would you?

I don't care how much the company would have been paying for my services. If I found such a thing and complained the forum and the individual involved would not have a leg to stand on legally.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Dills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant future

Unless you have asked Stephen Dickson's permission to publish his name and canvas for feedback you are really out of order.

If I went for a job interview last week I would not expect to google my name the following day and see that the company has posted a thread on an accountancy body internet forum asking for opinions of me. Would you?

I don't care how much the company would have been paying for my services. If I found such a thing and complained the forum and the individual involved would not have a leg to stand on legally.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Dills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant future

Hi guys,

I am about to sign a contract with an agent called Stephen Dickson from a company called Migration Outcomes Australia, if anyone can give any info on him or this company or if there is anyone who signed with him to be his or her agent and can tell me if i should or shouldn't sign with him.

Thank you guys in advance.
George Lombard is very highly regarded. I know you are just trying to get the best agent, however on this site you have to get used to the very sarcastic replies from some posters, they seem to delight in making some posters feel either really stupid or ignorant.

Gooluck with appointing your agent, I have pm'd you a forum link where they are very accomodating for a public forum.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

I think you're really really making a big deal out of nothing here.

I understand what you're trying to say but i'am just not conviced that asking about an agent is something wrong, or else how do i get recommendations if using any names is forbidden.

anyway again thank you for your note.

was nice talking to you
Old Apr 4th 2010, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dills
Good post.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

azakir is on a distinguished road

This thread should be opened for ever!! www.eduaid.net!!
Old Apr 4th 2010, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

George Lombard is very highly regarded. I know you are just trying to get the best agent, however on this site you have to get used to the very sarcastic replies from some posters, they seem to delight in making some posters feel either really stupid or ignorant.

Gooluck with appointing your agent, I have pm'd you a forum link where they are very accomodating for a public forum.
thanks Dills for your reply, i really appreciate your help.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 9:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're really really making a big deal out of nothing here.

I understand what you're trying to say but i'am just not conviced that asking about an agent is something wrong, or else how do i get recommendations if using any names is forbidden.

anyway again thank you for your note.

was nice talking to you
I think he's been discussed here a few times. Do a search for his name in this forum and you'll find other threads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.