British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Need info on a registered agent (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/need-info-registered-agent-662515/)

aPerfectCircle Apr 4th 2010 12:35 am

Need info on a registered agent

Hi guys,

I am about to sign a contract with an agent called Stephen Dickson from a company called Migration Outcomes Australia, if anyone can give any info on him or this company or if there is anyone who signed with him to be his or her agent and can tell me if i should or shouldn't sign with him.

Thank you guys in advance.

JAJ Apr 4th 2010 1:03 am

Re: Need info on a registered agent

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Regist...ent-Australia_ offers a generic discussion

aPerfectCircle Apr 4th 2010 1:08 am

Originally Posted by JAJ (Post 8470589)

Thanks JAJ for the link, I already read that. I was looking more for someone who interacted with him on a personal level.

Bermudashorts Apr 4th 2010 7:46 am

Would you be happy for somebody to stick your name up on a forum and ask people for opinions of you on a personal level?

aPerfectCircle Apr 4th 2010 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8470937)
Would you be happy for somebody to stick your name up on a forum and ask people for opinions of you on a personal level?

What i meant here is that someone interacted with him on a personal level so that i can get his or her opinion on him professionally.

I think you're the one who's taking this personally, maybe you're just having a bad day.

Thank you for your reply anyway.

Bermudashorts Apr 4th 2010 8:30 am

Originally Posted by aPerfectCircle (Post 8470983)
What i meant here is that someone interacted with him on a personal level so that i can get his or her opinion on him professionally.

I think you're the one who's taking this personally, maybe you're just having a bad day.

Thank you for your reply anyway.

Why would I take this personally? That does not even make sense. :confused:

Nor am I having a bad day in particular, I am clearly just more familiar with libel risks than you are.

And consider my question. Would you like to discover your name has been posted up on an internet forum by a stranger asking other strangers for comments about you, whether it is about your professional expertise or otherwise. I daresay the answer is no. So why do it to somebody else.

aPerfectCircle Apr 4th 2010 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8471001)
Why would I take this personally? That does not even make sense. :confused:

Nor am I having a bad day in particular, I am clearly just more familiar with libel risks than you are.

And consider my question. Would you like to discover your name has been posted up on an internet forum by a stranger asking other strangers for comments about you, whether it is about your professional expertise or otherwise. I daresay the answer is no. So why do it to somebody else.

I think when you're about to have a heart surgery and you didn't have any history with the surgon doing the surgery the first thing you do is to circulate his or her name to see how good he or she is at what they do. Am I right or what ?

Not just that you're paying thousands of dollars, you're also risking your chances with migrating and before you make any further step you need to be 100% sure that you're making the right choice.

Its not like i was going on a date and i was putting my date's name on the internet to see if she is worth dating or not !!!!

Bermudashorts Apr 4th 2010 8:48 am

Unless you have asked Stephen Dickson's permission to publish his name and canvas for feedback you are really out of order.

If I went for a job interview last week I would not expect to google my name the following day and see that the company has posted a thread on an accountancy body internet forum asking for opinions of me. Would you?

I don't care how much the company would have been paying for my services. If I found such a thing and complained the forum and the individual involved would not have a leg to stand on legally.

Dills Apr 4th 2010 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8471029)
Unless you have asked Stephen Dickson's permission to publish his name and canvas for feedback you are really out of order.

If I went for a job interview last week I would not expect to google my name the following day and see that the company has posted a thread on an accountancy body internet forum asking for opinions of me. Would you?

I don't care how much the company would have been paying for my services. If I found such a thing and complained the forum and the individual involved would not have a leg to stand on legally.

:confused::confused::confused:

Dills Apr 4th 2010 8:59 am

Originally Posted by aPerfectCircle (Post 8470550)
Hi guys,

I am about to sign a contract with an agent called Stephen Dickson from a company called Migration Outcomes Australia, if anyone can give any info on him or this company or if there is anyone who signed with him to be his or her agent and can tell me if i should or shouldn't sign with him.

Thank you guys in advance.

George Lombard is very highly regarded. I know you are just trying to get the best agent, however on this site you have to get used to the very sarcastic replies from some posters, they seem to delight in making some posters feel either really stupid or ignorant.

Gooluck with appointing your agent, I have pm'd you a forum link where they are very accomodating for a public forum.

aPerfectCircle Apr 4th 2010 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8471029)

I think you're really really making a big deal out of nothing here.

I understand what you're trying to say but i'am just not conviced that asking about an agent is something wrong, or else how do i get recommendations if using any names is forbidden.

anyway again thank you for your note.

was nice talking to you

Bermudashorts Apr 4th 2010 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Dills (Post 8471046)

Good post.

azakir Apr 4th 2010 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Dills (Post 8471046)

This thread should be opened for ever!! www.eduaid.net!!

aPerfectCircle Apr 4th 2010 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Dills (Post 8471054)
George Lombard is very highly regarded. I know you are just trying to get the best agent, however on this site you have to get used to the very sarcastic replies from some posters, they seem to delight in making some posters feel either really stupid or ignorant.

Gooluck with appointing your agent, I have pm'd you a forum link where they are very accomodating for a public forum.

thanks Dills for your reply, i really appreciate your help.

Dorothy Apr 4th 2010 9:02 am

Originally Posted by aPerfectCircle (Post 8471055)
I think you're really really making a big deal out of nothing here.

I understand what you're trying to say but i'am just not conviced that asking about an agent is something wrong, or else how do i get recommendations if using any names is forbidden.

anyway again thank you for your note.

was nice talking to you

I think he's been discussed here a few times. Do a search for his name in this forum and you'll find other threads.