Need help. I've got Refusal letter for 175

Old Mar 27th 2012, 3:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help. I've got Refusal letter for 175

Originally Posted by uzi
I believe OP is referring to overall expenses on his immigration process so far.

Going through his posts, it feels to me that his agent deliberately applied before July '11 because otherwise he (OP) wouldn't have qualified (and thus probably partial fee to agent - for preparing the application). I can't comprehend how come a practising agent doesn't know the basic requirements for applying 175 visa application. I hope he has email communication with his agent advising him to go ahead with this application even though the skill assessment evidence is not in hand - may help in complaining to MARA.
I still don't see how it can add up to 10 grand without the fees.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 3:08 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

My guess is that the agent wasn't MARA registered. If that's the case then it should be a good lesson for those that don't think it matters.

If the agent is MARA registered then I would be making major complaints and looking for a full refund if possible.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 3:15 pm
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I still don't see how it can add up to 10 grand without the fees.
touché!
Old Mar 27th 2012, 3:25 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hjson
I blew up more than $10,000 including applying fee.
I interpret this to mean that the fees were included in the $10,000... I could have that backwards though.

Last edited by comet555; Mar 27th 2012 at 3:27 pm. Reason: I can't type!
Old Mar 27th 2012, 3:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
I interpret this to mean that the fees were including in the $10,000... I could have that backwards though.
Indeed. I can't read.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uzi
I hope he has email communication with his agent advising him to go ahead with this application even though the skill assessment evidence is not in hand - may help in complaining to MARA.
I employed one MARA agent who 'only deals with customers in person' and refused to answer emails. Funnily enough some of the info they gave me was wrong, which I pointed out while at my allotted meeting. Oups they said. I was lucky enough to know more than him and not have acted on his advice, but if I had I would have had no proof of what he said. As soon as he said he only did face to face and wouldn't answer emails alarm bells rang.

Hopefully the op was fortunate enough to have dealt with someone who did answer emails.