Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Need Assistance to start ACS Assessment process

Need Assistance to start ACS Assessment process

Old Jun 30th 2010, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

dilruk336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Assistance to start ACS Assessment process

hi

i had my degree in BSc Special (Hons) in IT (Computer System and Networking) and worked for two years of time in leading ISP and my designation is IT & Network Officer .
hope i can start my assessment now ? Am i correct ?

any clarifications are highly appreciate

tnx
Old Jun 30th 2010, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

infojami will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need Assistance to start ACS Assessment process

May be NOT.

Check ACS PASA guidelines first for more information at http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...killassessment
Old Jun 30th 2010, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Alucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really nice

Originally Posted by infojami
May be NOT.

Check ACS PASA guidelines first for more information at http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...killassessment
Why not? He seems to have the required 2 years of experience.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

baazighar is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Alucard
Why not? He seems to have the required 2 years of experience.
Until before ACS announced new guidelines, we should be having 4 years experience for Group 'A' Assessment. In the new guidelines they have added a new assessment criteria(apart from 4 years experience) i.e., if you have a major in ICT highly relevant to the nominated occupation then you should have at least two (2) years of full time professional ICT work experience in a field closely related to the nominated occupation, completed in the seven (7) years before the date of application for Skills Assessment. (please see page 2 of the link : http://www.acs.org.au/assessment/doc...APPLICANTS.pdf)
Old Jun 30th 2010, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Alucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really nice

Originally Posted by baazighar
Until before ACS announced new guidelines, we should be having 4 years experience for Group 'A' Assessment. In the new guidelines they have added a new assessment criteria(apart from 4 years experience) i.e., if you have a major in ICT highly relevant to the nominated occupation then you should have at least two (2) years of full time professional ICT work experience in a field closely related to the nominated occupation, completed in the seven (7) years before the date of application for Skills Assessment. (please see page 2 of the link : http://www.acs.org.au/assessment/doc...APPLICANTS.pdf)
Yeah and unless he finished his degree more than 7 years ago (which I doubt), he probably qualifies for Group A.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alucard
Yeah and unless he finished his degree more than 7 years ago (which I doubt), he probably qualifies for Group A.
I think the experience of 2 years should be in last 7 years, irrespective of degree completion date... correct me if I'm wrong..

Last edited by baazighar; Jun 30th 2010 at 6:29 am.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

I think the experience of 2 years should be in last 7 years, irrespective of degree completion date... correct me if I'm wrong..
No, you're right
Old Jul 1st 2010, 9:02 am
Just Joined

rksenger is an unknown quantity at this point

Respected sir could you please guide me

I have completed 12 years of study (secondary school education) since then i have been working on different posts in IT field.
I dont have any IT related degree. I have certification like MCSE (2005)and RHCE (2009) with a experiance of 7+ years.(i am working since 2003 on regular basis and from 2000 to 2003 part time.
could you please guide me that should i go for RPL or My techinical certification can full fill the eligibility for ICT related degree.
i have read the PASA guideline page 23 it states that
"Following certification courses, either individually or in combination, may be sufficient to meet the qualifications criteria:
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Microsoft Certified Solution Developer, Certified Lotus Professional or Certified Novell Engineer (from 1997)"

please guide me should i go for RPL or i am eligible in group B without RPL
Thanks

Last edited by rksenger; Jul 1st 2010 at 9:11 am.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rksenger
Thanks
I'm sorry mate... I'm not aware of Group B or RPL process. May be someone who is already gone thru Group B or RPL should advise.

Thanks/Baazighar.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

infojami will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rksenger
Respected sir could you please guide me

I have completed 12 years of study (secondary school education) since then i have been working on different posts in IT field.
I dont have any IT related degree. I have certification like MCSE (2005)and RHCE (2009) with a experiance of 7+ years.(i am working since 2003 on regular basis and from 2000 to 2003 part time.
could you please guide me that should i go for RPL or My techinical certification can full fill the eligibility for ICT related degree.
"Following certification courses, either individually or in combination, may be sufficient to meet the qualifications criteria:
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Microsoft Certified Solution Developer, Certified Lotus Professional or Certified Novell Engineer (from 1997)"

Thanks
You will be in Group B. Group B requires 6 years of working experience. No need to submit RPL.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 4:31 am
Just Joined

May be NOT.

sir

Thanks
Old Jul 5th 2010, 4:37 am
Just Joined

You will be in Group B. Group B requires 6 years of working experience. No need to submit RPL.
sir thanks for you kind reply ,
some body told me that if i dont have the degree or diploma in computers i have to go for RPL...

sir are you sure that can put my asscessment for ACS wihout RPL having only 12 years of study.

Thanks