Need advise please

Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

surreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant future
Default Need advise please

It's been a long wait and we seem to of got our lives in order and the very latest deadline for us to move out to Oz is by end January. We had it all sorted and I should start my new role out there beginning of Feb...but now big problem. My OH is the primary applicant and his mum is now very ill.. so we have to put this on hold again, trouble is they won't extend our visa's this time and there's know chance of us ever being granted another visa again..too old and we have had a window of 5 years already. To start with we thought I could go as planned start my new job and get house sorted..but no I can't go first. OH won't chance going with me just in case there's any delays in getting back quickley...what a mess ah.
Does anyone know of anyway forward for us? Any advise would be very welcome as very frustrated..
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need advise please

Originally Posted by surreyfamily
It's been a long wait and we seem to of got our lives in order and the very latest deadline for us to move out to Oz is by end January. We had it all sorted and I should start my new role out there beginning of Feb...but now big problem. My OH is the primary applicant and his mum is now very ill.. so we have to put this on hold again, trouble is they won't extend our visa's this time and there's know chance of us ever being granted another visa again..too old and we have had a window of 5 years already. To start with we thought I could go as planned start my new job and get house sorted..but no I can't go first. OH won't chance going with me just in case there's any delays in getting back quickley...what a mess ah.
Does anyone know of anyway forward for us? Any advise would be very welcome as very frustrated..
must be hard for you.

but remember all your family and the friends in the UK will face scenarios such as death, serious ilness, have serious accidents etc while you are living in Australia anyway. What will you do then?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you yhave validated your visas (which you would have had to do in the first 12 months) then there is no reason visa-wise why you can't go first now.
However you would ALL have to move to Aus before the visa expiry deadline, and then if he needs to come back he will have to apply for a Resident Return Visa in order to get back into Australia again.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:25 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

I don't know what visa you have, but by your statement of "we've already had a window of 5 years", I'm guessing it's a PR visa that you have already validated?

If that's the case, I think that there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to go out to Oz alone (or with your kids) whilst your OH stays behind to deal with other issues. You will be able to take up your job & make a start on building a life & your OH could join you when the time is right.

The only time the Primary Applicant needs to enter first is when the visa is first activated, after then, you can do what you like
Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:02 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean that your visa was granted in 2005 or that it was granted in 2009?

If it was granted in 2005 and is going to run out in January then your husband could possibly get a RRV if the rest of you are here. Otherwise you could sponsor him on a spouse visa if you come first and get settled.

If it was granted in 2009 (January) and you haven't validated yet then all he needs to do is fly over, pass through immigration and turn around and go home on the next flight out. He would be out of UK for 48 hours and wouldn't have to worry about the visa expiring for 5 years.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 9:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Do you mean that your visa was granted in 2005 or that it was granted in 2009?

If it was granted in 2005 and is going to run out in January then your husband could possibly get a RRV if the rest of you are here. Otherwise you could sponsor him on a spouse visa if you come first and get settled.

If it was granted in 2009 (January) and you haven't validated yet then all he needs to do is fly over, pass through immigration and turn around and go home on the next flight out. He would be out of UK for 48 hours and wouldn't have to worry about the visa expiring for 5 years.
I was going to say that.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

surreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant future

Thank you so much for your helpful advise...very much appreciated.
To clarify our visa'a were granted 2005 and run out at the end of Jan 2010, so both have to leave by then. I think the best advise given would be for my OH to apply for a RRV once we arrive in Oz. Anyone know how he goes about this?...does he do it over phone/electronically or does he have to visit in person the emigration office? we are heading for Gold Coast or Brisbane, so not sure where nearest office would be...thanks again!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 11:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for your helpful advise...very much appreciated.
To clarify our visa'a were granted 2005 and run out at the end of Jan 2010, so both have to leave by then. I think the best advise given would be for my OH to apply for a RRV once we arrive in Oz. Anyone know how he goes about this?...does he do it over phone/electronically or does he have to visit in person the emigration office? we are heading for Gold Coast or Brisbane, so not sure where nearest office would be...thanks again!
http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/rrv.htm
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
thanks so much!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at post # 5 on this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=rrv