Will getting married affect our visa?

Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

chelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to allchelly77 is a name known to all
Default Will getting married affect our visa?

Hi Guys,

We have been granted our Visa and are all set to go. However due to my boyfriends father being diagnosed with Cancer and not having long to live we would like to get married so that he can be part of this.

Does anyone know if this will have any impact on our Visa?

There won't be enough time to get my passport changed to my new name so my passport will still have my maiden name as per the visa
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:47 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will getting married affect our visa?

Sorry to hear about your bf's Father. The answer to your question depends on the visa and its conditions - read your grant letter very carefully. If it is an unvalidated PR visa (is it?), I'd imagine you have to submit change of circumstances form to let DIAC know that you are married. Sometimes DIAC throws in "cant marry before validation" condition, which could invalidate your PR if breached.

Also, if your bf was not on your application, he will have to get his own visa to travel with you.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 1:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will getting married affect our visa?

Originally Posted by chelly77
Hi Guys,

We have been granted our Visa and are all set to go. However due to my boyfriends father being diagnosed with Cancer and not having long to live we would like to get married so that he can be part of this.

Does anyone know if this will have any impact on our Visa?

There won't be enough time to get my passport changed to my new name so my passport will still have my maiden name as per the visa
With regard to the name change - you don't have to EVER change your name if you don't want to. If you do decide to change your passport you can get a new visa sticker with the new name on it.