Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Need advice on online application payment by credit card.

Need advice on online application payment by credit card.

Old Jul 20th 2009, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

engr_kiiuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advice on online application payment by credit card.

Today i was finalised and went to the last page of my online application -175. At present i m in Bangladesh, I have relative in USA. I used his credit card for payment. There are a 16 digit card number and a 3 digit pin code for the card. I submitted the card number and including all other information such expired date, name in card, i pressed the submit application. After submission i got the message that the submission of application failed as it couldnt transferred the money from the bank. It asks me to contact with the bank. I couldnt understand the reason. Can anyone tell me whether i need to give the pin code also? If yes then how can i add the pic code with the number? Is there any other reason for failure. Please help me. The card is sears master.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Rifat.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

mayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant future
Default Re: Need advice on online application payment by credit card.

Originally Posted by engr_kiiuk
Today i was finalised and went to the last page of my online application -175. At present i m in Bangladesh, I have relative in USA. I used his credit card for payment. There are a 16 digit card number and a 3 digit pin code for the card. I submitted the card number and including all other information such expired date, name in card, i pressed the submit application. After submission i got the message that the submission of application failed as it couldnt transferred the money from the bank. It asks me to contact with the bank. I couldnt understand the reason. Can anyone tell me whether i need to give the pin code also? If yes then how can i add the pic code with the number? Is there any other reason for failure. Please help me. The card is sears master.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Rifat.
Wht i feel is that - your credit card has not enough credit available to satisfy payment to DIAC.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

There might be another reason:
Some credit card companies also check if the payment matches with the regular payment history.
This may also include bigger amounts in a foreign currency/country.

I had the same problem with my credit card when trying to pay the bond for a car rental.

The only way to find out is to have your relative calling/informing his credit card company.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

I beleive some also match the address of the person requesting the service with the address of the card.

If I was a bank and saw a USA card being used for a Bangladesh transaction, I too would be suspicious.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
I beleive some also match the address of the person requesting the service with the address of the card.

If I was a bank and saw a USA card being used for a Bangladesh transaction, I too would be suspicious.
You and me both I would have thought the name on the application should match the name on the card. Most airlines won't accept ticket payment with a card of someone not on the booking sheet, the same probably applies to visa applications with DIAC.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger

I would be suspicious too, but not surprised. The money is being deducted by DIAC but not by any Bangladeshi company. At the most, the US Credit card company should contact the person who hold the card and confirm the payment.

I do not expect everyone to hold a credit card (with a credit limit of 2010 AUD) and getting a demand draft (in AUD) in many countries is a real Pain in a$$. There should be a way out for such people.

To the OP:

Please call up the credit card company and see what went wrong.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

mayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You and me both I would have thought the name on the application should match the name on the card. Most airlines won't accept ticket payment with a card of someone not on the booking sheet, the same probably applies to visa applications with DIAC.
for ur kind information, I was make payment of my visa application using my friend's Credit Card. and that works well.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mayur_patel
for ur kind information, I was make payment of my visa application using my friend's Credit Card. and that works well.
Spot on!

Exactly what I wanted to say. Unfortunately i did not have anyone confirming my theory
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
Spot on!

Exactly what I wanted to say. Unfortunately i did not have anyone confirming my theory
I think you should get confirm all the possible information of Credit Card that you are supplying in filling up that form (LAST PAGE of your visa application).

I think there must me some issue of Credit limit only.. or otherwise..

Your country's internet server doesn't allow using credit card details of other country.. (That's u know internal programme error , which doesn't accept any short of payment details of other country's people just for security point of view).

You have an option to get ur form filled by that country (USA - i suppose) ask ur concerned person over there to fill the visa application form on ur behalf.. you can also supply the details of the form to be filled via email .

regards,

mayur
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:22 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It doesn't matter whose name is on the credit card. When I worked for the agent here in Perth there were about 5 different credit cards we used for payment, none of which would have had the applicant's name on them. They were corporate cards in the name of the agency and the individual agents.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 2:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks and Best Regards,
Rifat.
The holder of the credit card should contact the credit card company and clarify the position. The credit card company won't discuss the card with a third party.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

Originally Posted by mayur_patel
I think a USA credit card being used in OZ for a transaction using OZ currency and involving a person residing on the other side of USA is suspicious. Prior to the transaction, the credit card holder just need to inform the credit company to endorse aforementioned transaction and make sure there is enough limit on the card.
I also used another person, my agent, card to pay for my application fee and had no glitch with this arrangement.

Last edited by INDOAUS; Jul 20th 2009 at 4:37 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks and Best Regards,
Rifat.
You should NOT be entering the PIN for the card. The number that they're looking for is the 3 digit number printed on the back of the card after the card number.

Cheers

Steve
Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

engr_kiiuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for their comments.
I have a relative in Australia. He dont want to give me his credit card no as for his security. He said that he can make a Master Debit card and keep the application fees in there and will give me the number. Can I use the Master Debit card number for payment of application fees? Please give me your opinion.

Regards,
Rifat.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks all for their comments.
I have a relative in Australia. He dont want to give me his credit card no as for his security. He said that he can make a Master Debit card and keep the application fees in there and will give me the number. Can I use the Master Debit card number for payment of application fees? Please give me your opinion.

Regards,
Rifat.

As far as I know a debit card can not be used in this case. . But I'm not very sure mate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.