my mum want to come too

Old May 8th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice
Default my mum want to come too

can anyone give advice?

i have just been granted my PR and hopefully (house sale permitting) will be going later this year. i have a brother who is an OZ citizen, and another brother who will remain in UK.
my mum is 63 years old and would like to move over as well, we understand that she qualifies for the cont parent visa, but is this only when we actually move over there and become resident, or can she apply now?
or is there another maybe temp visa that could lead to it, so that she could go when we do? or is she too old ?
i think i'm clutching at straws here.
Old May 8th 2008, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all
Default Re: my mum want to come too

Hi,

I am not particulary up on this but thought I'd bump it up for you.

Becky
Old May 8th 2008, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hairart
can anyone give advice?

i have just been granted my PR and hopefully (house sale permitting) will be going later this year. i have a brother who is an OZ citizen, and another brother who will remain in UK.
my mum is 63 years old and would like to move over as well, we understand that she qualifies for the cont parent visa, but is this only when we actually move over there and become resident, or can she apply now?
or is there another maybe temp visa that could lead to it, so that she could go when we do? or is she too old ?
You need to be in Aus and I think classed as 'settled' there, as brother is citizen should be ok to apply pretty soon. But this visa is now very slow so may take over a year possibly 2 to get it!
Old May 8th 2008, 9:37 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
You need to be in Aus and I think classed as 'settled' there, as brother is citizen should be ok to apply pretty soon. But this visa is now very slow so may take over a year possibly 2 to get it!
Only the sponsor needs to be "settled" but in order to satisfy the balance of family test the "Australian" children need to be living permanently in Australia.
Old May 9th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

thanks for the replys. so i need to be permanently resident. so.. is there any other visa she can apply for now, or at 63 is she too old?
thanks again for the replys.
Old May 9th 2008, 8:58 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

thanks for the replys. so i need to be permanently resident. so.. is there any other visa she can apply for now, or at 63 is she too old?
thanks again for the replys.
Yes you do need to be resident to meet the Balance of Family test. She can probably only get a long term tourist most likely at this stage, but you can apply on the day you land and take up PR for the Parent Visa. Your Oz brother citizen would need to be the sponsor. Then the clock at least can start. Youre lucky - most have to wait the 2 years after landing before they can even think about getting the olds over.

Last edited by mark213; May 9th 2008 at 9:01 am. Reason: just didnt read right
Old May 9th 2008, 9:55 am
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

can anyone give advice?

Hi hairart (fellow Augustee).

I'm in a similar position with regard to my Mum wanting to go too, she is 70. My brother is an Australian citizen so he will have to sponsor her on a Con Parent Visa which can take upto 2 years.

I believe you must meet the balance of family test so she will need to apply once you are there as it will then be 2 to 1. This does not affect us as there is only my brother and me.

In the meantime I believe she could spend 6 months a year in Australia on a tourist visa.

Mary
Old May 9th 2008, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mr.benn
Hi hairart (fellow Augustee).

I'm in a similar position with regard to my Mum wanting to go too, she is 70. My brother is an Australian citizen so he will have to sponsor her on a Con Parent Visa which can take upto 2 years.

I believe you must meet the balance of family test so she will need to apply once you are there as it will then be 2 to 1. This does not affect us as there is only my brother and me.

In the meantime I believe she could spend 6 months a year in Australia on a tourist visa.

Mary
hi Mary,

but do you know if she could spend the time in Australia as a tourist while her CPV is being processed? i didn't think se could
Old May 9th 2008, 11:21 am
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

hi Mary,

but do you know if she could spend the time in Australia as a tourist while her CPV is being processed? i didn't think se could
My understanding is that she can spend 6 months of the year in Australia as a tourist but must be out of the country when visa is granted.

There is a thread on here started by Wanderlust this week headed up Contributory Parent Visa which asks this question and responses there say they have done this.

Here is the link the thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...tourist+parent

Mary
Old May 9th 2008, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mr.benn
My understanding is that she can spend 6 months of the year in Australia as a tourist but must be out of the country when visa is granted.

There is a thread on here started by Wanderlust this week headed up Contributory Parent Visa which asks this question and responses there say they have done this.

Here is the link the thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...tourist+parent

Mary
i think you can get a tourist visa for up to 12months