DIAC Email, Please help

Old May 8th 2008, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

closedaccount111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DIAC Email, Please help

Hi
After 19 months and 15 days of waiting, we did an inquiry by our immigration lawyer and we received the following text today, can anyone let me know what the meaning of it is? Please tell me your opinion about the inquiry result.
Thank you very much

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail in relation to your visa application under
Australia's General Skilled Migration programme.

At present your application is undergoing checks which are part of the
routine processing of visa applications. Unfortunately, ensuring all the
legal requirements are met in relation to an application can take some
time. In particular, it can take several months to gain any necessary
health, character and national security or other checks or clearances from
other agencies.

The case officer is following up on the status of your case on a regular
basis to ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable. You will
be contacted if we require more information when they proceed with
processing your application.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please
refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.
au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

Yours sincerely,
YYYYYY
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Old May 8th 2008, 4:39 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIAC Email, Please help

Have you asked your immigration agent/lawyer to explain it to you?

If you are paying for their services I hope they will be able to clarify this for you
Old May 8th 2008, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

Hi WS
Have not you made any mistake in your life?
I made a big mistake by using an ... immigration lawyer and now I should suffer of this endless waiting.

Good luck
Old May 8th 2008, 9:34 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shzekavati
Hi
After 19 months and 15 days of waiting, we did an inquiry by our immigration lawyer and we received the following text today, can anyone let me know what the meaning of it is? Please tell me your opinion about the inquiry result.
Thank you very much

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail in relation to your visa application under
Australia's General Skilled Migration programme.

At present your application is undergoing checks which are part of the
routine processing of visa applications. Unfortunately, ensuring all the
legal requirements are met in relation to an application can take some
time. In particular, it can take several months to gain any necessary
health, character and national security or other checks or clearances from
other agencies.

The case officer is following up on the status of your case on a regular
basis to ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable. You will
be contacted if we require more information when they proceed with
processing your application.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please
refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.
au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

Yours sincerely,
YYYYYY
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Hi Shzekavati,

I hope the mistake lies in that particular agent rather than agents in general! A lot depends on what sort of integrity and security checking they have to do, relative to your nationality, place of residence, associations etc. In the case of some nationalities, 18 months is to be expected.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 9th 2008, 1:15 am
Just Joined

Ngle is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: DIAC Email, Please help

Dear Skzekavati,

My application was lodged 23 months, I did everything : medical exam + PCC (14 months) + AOS (10 months) ago, and I wait wait and wait PR. I only received a request of my new medical exam + PCC from CO just 2 weeks after many inquiries. How slowly DIAC work!!!
Old May 9th 2008, 5:59 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

As George has already said - its depends on the integrity and security checks they have to do. They often have to request information from your country and it is them who are slow to reply!
Old May 9th 2008, 6:00 am
Account Closed

Hi George Lombard
You know what my problem was? I trusted so much and I thought by hiring an agent I can ignore immigration process and do my own life path.
Now after a long time of waiting I got many lessons:

1) Sometimes an immigration agent is a person that just takes a big amount of money and has no knowledge of your specialty so you will be assessed in a wrong code and although you could be assessed MODL, because he did not know exactly what your course is then you lose that chance.

2) Sometimes an immigration agent is a person that you should just send him several emails but you will receive just one email with one or two sentences: everything is OK or nothing is clear. Therefore you are always in a doubtful situation and you know nothing and cannot predict anything because DIAC does not reply you directly.

3) Sometimes an immigration agent is just a post man and everything should be done by yourself, I mean looking for what documents are needed, filling all forms with no knowledge of special immigration terms and... . Finally he/she receives your documents and STILL waits for other client's documents to be received and send them all together to DIAC because in this case the whole amount of postage fee will be decreased very much no matter how much time is important for you and your life.

4) Sometimes an immigration agent is a person that you should contact him time by time and you just receive general replies (exactly like DIAC answers) so you don't know what your situation is. Because of that, your life stops and you just wait and do nothing (all chances and opportunities will be lost and you have no knowledge of whole process).

5) Sometimes some people think that an immigration agent is a lawyer and he will have big impact on your case because he will use special tricks and techniques to change your case to a very successful one. Is this correct?

I am sure no one is like to another one, but sometimes accepting some facts can make our life easier, can’t it?

Last edited by closedaccount111; May 9th 2008 at 6:55 am.
Old May 9th 2008, 6:42 am
Just Joined

Ngle is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: DIAC Email, Please help

You say exactly about my lawyer.
Old May 9th 2008, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

strangers4me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shzekavati
Hi George Lombard
You know what my problem was? I trusted so much and I thought by hiring an agent I can ignore immigration process and do my own life path.
Now after a long time of waiting I got many lessons:

1) Sometimes an immigration agent is a person that just takes a big amount of money and has no knowledge of your specialty so you will be assessed in a wrong code and although you could be assessed MODL, because he did not know exactly what your course is then you lose that chance.

2) Sometimes an immigration agent is a person that you should just send him several emails but you will receive just one email with one or two sentences: everything is OK or nothing is clear. Therefore you are always in a doubtful situation and you know nothing and cannot predict anything because DIAC does not reply you directly.

3) Sometimes an immigration agent is just a post man and everything should be done by yourself, I mean looking for what documents are needed, filling all forms with no knowledge of special immigration terms and... . Finally he/she receives your documents and STILL waits for other client's documents to be received and send them all together to DIAC because in this case the whole amount of postage fee will be decreased very much no matter how much time is important for you and your life.

4) Sometimes an immigration agent is a person that you should contact him time by time and you just receive general replies (exactly like DIAC answers) so you don't know what your situation is. Because of that, your life stops and you just wait and do nothing (all chances and opportunities will be lost and you have no knowledge of whole process).

5) Sometimes some people think that an immigration agent is a lawyer and he will have big impact on your case because he will use special tricks and techniques to change your case to a very successful one. Is this correct?

I am sure no one is like to another one, but sometimes accepting some facts can make our life easier, can’t it?

Hi ur rgt i am also facing the same problems like u.I have done same mistake like u. May i know ur Nationality and whats ur profession as well.

Hi ngle may i know ur Nationlity and ur profession as well.
Old May 9th 2008, 4:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by strangers4me
Hi ur rgt i am also facing the same problems like u.I have done same mistake like u. May i know ur Nationality and whats ur profession as well.

Hi ngle may i know ur Nationlity and ur profession as well.
To Strangers4Me:
I and my wife are both computer software engineers and Iranian. When I started immigration process we both had passed IELTS exam with good scores (7 and 6) and everything was OK (including enough related job experience and background). In addition there were not any politics issues at that time. First they said to me you will get your Visa less than 9 months (starting Assessment phase in 2005 !!!) but I am still waiting for Visa (although my lawyers says till this month or next month we will have our Visa). The main (and first mistake) was that my Assessment took ONE year to be completed.
Who will return this lost time???

Good luck