Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

My Australian Bachelor of Nursing degree still does not give me enough points!

My Australian Bachelor of Nursing degree still does not give me enough points!

Old Oct 7th 2010, 12:04 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default My Australian Bachelor of Nursing degree still does not give me enough points!

Am I missing something?!

Ok here is the situation.

I hold UK and NZ passports (along with hubby & kids), and have lived in Qld for 3yrs.

We can live here ok as kiwis but would like to get Oz residency for the kids.

Hubby no longer works in the profession in which he is qualified and cannot face the prospect of a skills assessment.

I am about to complete my 3yr Bachelor of Nursing degree in Qld and have secured a position starting next yr in my local hosp.

I was looking to apply under me after my one yrs experience, when I will be 43.

However it seems I only get 5 points for my Aus Bachelor degree as its not an honors degree (I am on track to get a distinction tho), this leaves me 5 points short under general skilled.

After some investigation I see regional sponsored is an option, I was hoping to go general skilled tho.

So to all those clever agents out there, am I missing something?! Cause it seems such a bummer that my Aus nursing degree is worth so little?!

Thanx in advance

Paula
Old Oct 7th 2010, 12:35 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Australian Bachelor of Nursing degree still does not give me enough points!

Originally Posted by Watt Dabney View Post
Am I missing something?!

Ok here is the situation.

I hold UK and NZ passports (along with hubby & kids), and have lived in Qld for 3yrs.

We can live here ok as kiwis but would like to get Oz residency for the kids.

Hubby no longer works in the profession in which he is qualified and cannot face the prospect of a skills assessment.

I am about to complete my 3yr Bachelor of Nursing degree in Qld and have secured a position starting next yr in my local hosp.

I was looking to apply under me after my one yrs experience, when I will be 43.

However it seems I only get 5 points for my Aus Bachelor degree as its not an honors degree (I am on track to get a distinction tho), this leaves me 5 points short under general skilled.

After some investigation I see regional sponsored is an option, I was hoping to go general skilled tho.

So to all those clever agents out there, am I missing something?! Cause it seems such a bummer that my Aus nursing degree is worth so little?!

Thanx in advance

Paula
Why doesn't your hospital sponsor you for ENS?
Old Oct 7th 2010, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Australian Bachelor of Nursing degree still does not give me enough points!

Have you taken the IELTS test for the extra 10 points if you get at least 7 in all 4 parts? If you haven't then this is a way to get the missing points.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 2:29 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Why doesn't your hospital sponsor you for ENS?
As its a graduate position its only for 12mths
Old Oct 7th 2010, 2:30 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Originally Posted by tomar View Post
Have you taken the IELTS test for the extra 10 points if you get at least 7 in all 4 parts? If you haven't then this is a way to get the missing points.

I am already counting on getting full points allowance for english through taking the IELTS (not done it yet).