856 visa application question

Old Oct 7th 2010, 3:08 am
Just Joined

Classy Chick will become famous soon enough
Default 856 visa application question

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could offer me a quick piece of advice- I have done a quick search and can't immediately find anything.

I am currently on a 457 visa and I am just about to get to the 2 years anniversary of being employed in Australia ( all with the same employer) and will be submitting an application for the 856- ENS visa.

I was hoping to be able to submit this next week.

The nomination was submitted to Melbourne in the middle of August but due to all the delays- I am not sure when this will be processed and, hopefully, approved!

My question is, can I submit the visa application after the nomination has been submitted but before it has been approved, or do I need to wait now until the nomination has approved?

Thanks!
Old Oct 7th 2010, 3:29 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 856 visa application question

Dear CC,

There may not be an appreciable processing time dividend by lodging your visa application now, since the processing will only take place after the nomination is approved, in most cases. On the other hand if your employer's nomination is refused for any reason then the visa application will be refused as well.

At the moment I don't think DIAC are promising processing times much under 6 months for ENS nomination applications, might be slightly quicker in Melbourne but not necessarily.

Cheers,

George Lombard