Engineers Australia Skills Assessment

Old May 18th 2010, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Strikers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engineers Australia Skills Assessment

I have done my Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial and Production from India .I am planning to apply for Engineers Australia Skills assessment under Washington accord.The code I am planning to apply for is ANZSCO 233511.

I have a total of 12 years experience out of which 2.5 years in Mechanical field and another 9.5 years in IT field.

Can someone please tell me whether Engineers Australia requires minimum experience for skills assessment ? If so how much experience is required ?
Old May 18th 2010, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Default Re: Engineers Australia Skills Assessment

Originally Posted by Strikers
I have done my Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial and Production from India .I am planning to apply for Engineers Australia Skills assessment under Washington accord.The code I am planning to apply for is ANZSCO 233511.

I have a total of 12 years experience out of which 2.5 years in Mechanical field and another 9.5 years in IT field.

Can someone please tell me whether Engineers Australia requires minimum experience for skills assessment ? If so how much experience is required ?
it s been given in their handbook
I guess it was some thing like 3 years ,
But there is a trick in writing your CV and reference letter from employers which needs special care!
I have done my EA assessment, if you need more help send me a private message
good luck
Old May 18th 2010, 3:59 pm
Account Closed

roraimap is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

First of all, are you sure you can apply under Washington Accord?. I am not sure if India is included.

If not, you should go though the CDRs path which is not so difficult and the assessment is based on career episodes that you write. In your case you could ask for an assessment as mechanical engineer if you want to. If you want to get the assessment as Industrial Engineer you should write the CDRs with some episodes related to that field.

For CDR assessment they dont require any minimum of experience, I am not sure about the Washington Accord path.

Pelase read http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au...a/msa_home.cfm
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Sirma is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

I am planning to apply for a production engineer, and I will have to make the career episodes, could anyone help me with a model of a career episode? Could be from any field, doesn't matter, I just need one to see what exactly I would have to write in it. Thanks
Old Sep 8th 2010, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

qadeer591 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello Strikers,

Indian qual do not come under washington accord. u hv to go the CDR way. it takes app. 16 weeks for assessment.

further, there is no experience required to apply with EA. u can even apply as a fresher.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sirma
Hi guys

I am planning to apply for a production engineer, and I will have to make the career episodes, could anyone help me with a model of a career episode? Could be from any field, doesn't matter, I just need one to see what exactly I would have to write in it. Thanks
here r some examples of CDR.

http://www.gday.ru/index.php?option=...1&limitstart=3

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23882822/s...-statement-cdr
Old Sep 9th 2010, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Sirma is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you

I hope they will be ok. I will probably start writing them this week-end
Old Oct 6th 2010, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Zeesh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sirma
thank you

I hope they will be ok. I will probably start writing them this week-end
I have a confusion about EA, for assesment we only have to submit our graduation transcript and degree or all the education documents including matric and HSC?
Old Oct 6th 2010, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Zeesh
I have a confusion about EA, for assesment we only have to submit our graduation transcript and degree or all the education documents including matric and HSC?
you have to give the photocopies of 10th, 12th & degree certificates and transcripts of all mark sheets.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 4:26 am
Just Joined

Zeesh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by qadeer591
you have to give the photocopies of 10th, 12th & degree certificates and transcripts of all mark sheets.
thx alot