Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

moving to Australia , prepare IELTS & work ... need same help

moving to Australia , prepare IELTS & work ... need same help

Old Nov 8th 2012, 9:40 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Giza , Egypt
Posts: 5
maramero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to Australia , prepare IELTS & work ... need same help

hi everyone
this is my first post here so i will introduce myself

My name is Mary , I am 23 years old , from Egypt
have bachelor degree in accounting from Cairo university

I want to move to Australia . skilled independent 189 visa
my point if finish IELTS & skill assessment
age
18–24 (inclusive) 25
English language ability
IELTS 8 20
Educational qualifications
Bachelor degree 15

so it will be 60 point
I have to score 8 in IELTS to be qualify

I currently preparing to IELTS test
score 7 academic for my skill assessment
score 8 general for score points

my questions are

I am not working will that be an issue
I had worked for less than a month as accountant but there has been
some problems in the office and I left it

any guide to prepare IELTS
I have
target band 7
Ace The Ielts
New Insight into IELTS Student's Book with Answers
Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS (1) : (8)

thanks all for your time good luck & have a great day
bye
maramero is offline  
Old Nov 8th 2012, 3:51 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 104
tevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: moving to Australia , prepare IELTS & work ... need same help

Originally Posted by maramero View Post
hi everyone
this is my first post here so i will introduce myself

My name is Mary , I am 23 years old , from Egypt
have bachelor degree in accounting from Cairo university

I want to move to Australia . skilled independent 189 visa
my point if finish IELTS & skill assessment
age
18–24 (inclusive) 25
English language ability
IELTS 8 20
Educational qualifications
Bachelor degree 15

so it will be 60 point
I have to score 8 in IELTS to be qualify

I currently preparing to IELTS test
score 7 academic for my skill assessment
score 8 general for score points

my questions are

I am not working will that be an issue
I had worked for less than a month as accountant but there has been
some problems in the office and I left it

any guide to prepare IELTS
I have
target band 7
Ace The Ielts
New Insight into IELTS Student's Book with Answers
Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS (1) : (8)

thanks all for your time good luck & have a great day
bye
Hello Mary, the very first step is of course securing required bands in IELTS test. For non native people, it's very hard indeed to get 8 bands in all modules. You need a lot of practice along with some very good guidance and coaching. For now it seems that you have got a very stiff task ahead but again nothing is impossible to achieve. All I can advise is to go for the best and hope for the worst.
All the best.
tevta is offline  
Old Nov 8th 2012, 4:29 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Giza , Egypt
Posts: 5
maramero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to Australia , prepare IELTS & work ... need same help

Originally Posted by tevta View Post
Hello Mary, the very first step is of course securing required bands in IELTS test. For non native people, it's very hard indeed to get 8 bands in all modules. You need a lot of practice along with some very good guidance and coaching. For now it seems that you have got a very stiff task ahead but again nothing is impossible to achieve. All I can advise is to go for the best and hope for the worst.
All the best.
thanks a lot for your reply
I am still study all about the immigration system and start prepare for the IELTS

I am little confuse about the occupation . do I have to be working in my field (accounting) because i am not working now . had read some posts saying I have to have experience in my field or i will be conceded unskilled
or
the SOL (skilled occupation list) prospective job in Australia ...

best of luck to you thanks again for your time and reply
bye
maramero is offline  
Old Nov 8th 2012, 10:32 pm
  #4  
Newlywed
 
Dorothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 28,934
Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Australia , prepare IELTS & work ... need same help

Originally Posted by maramero View Post
thanks a lot for your reply
I am still study all about the immigration system and start prepare for the IELTS

I am little confuse about the occupation . do I have to be working in my field (accounting) because i am not working now . had read some posts saying I have to have experience in my field or i will be conceded unskilled
or
the SOL (skilled occupation list) prospective job in Australia ...

best of luck to you thanks again for your time and reply
bye
You will also need a positive skills assessment before you can submit an EOI. Do you have a skills assessment yet?
Dorothy is offline  
Old Nov 9th 2012, 6:03 am
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Giza , Egypt
Posts: 5
maramero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to Australia , prepare IELTS & work ... need same help

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
You will also need a positive skills assessment before you can submit an EOI. Do you have a skills assessment yet?
Good morning all
Greeting from Egypt

thanks a lot for your reply

it all up to my IELTS test
I need to score 7 in the academic test to be able to have a skill assessment
from a recognized institution in Australia

Certified Practicing Accountants of Australia (CPA)
or
Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)
or
Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)

I am still in research stage

thanks again for your reply good luck and have a nice day

bye
maramero is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2012, 2:53 am
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 3,162
pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Australia , prepare IELTS & work ... need same help

You will need work experience to pass your skills assessment. A qualification on it's own is not enough. Try contacting the assessing body for the occupation you want to apply for and ask how many years (and it will be years) you need to get.

Then get a job in that field and bide your time until you can apply for the skills assessment. Keep studying for the ielts. Trying not to be rude here, but from your posts you won't get 8 in writing at least at the moment, so use that time.

Good luck.
pumpkin blossom is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2012, 3:11 am
  #7  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Bermudashorts's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 14,284
Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Australia , prepare IELTS & work ... need same help

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom View Post
You will need work experience to pass your skills assessment. A qualification on it's own is not enough. Try contacting the assessing body for the occupation you want to apply for and ask how many years (and it will be years) you need to get.

Then get a job in that field and bide your time until you can apply for the skills assessment. Keep studying for the ielts. Trying not to be rude here, but from your posts you won't get 8 in writing at least at the moment, so use that time.

Good luck.
Actually, the accountant skills assessment does not require any work experience. Pretty bad really but that is the way it is.
Bermudashorts is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2012, 4:49 am
  #8  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 3,162
pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Australia , prepare IELTS & work ... need same help

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts View Post
Actually, the accountant skills assessment does not require any work experience. Pretty bad really but that is the way it is.
Really? Wow. Are there any other jobs that don't require work experience or is this an odd one out?

In that case op, just keep revising for your ielts. Good luck.
pumpkin blossom is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2012, 6:45 am
  #9  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Giza , Egypt
Posts: 5
maramero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to Australia , prepare IELTS & work ... need same help

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom View Post
You will need work experience to pass your skills assessment. A qualification on it's own is not enough. Try contacting the assessing body for the occupation you want to apply for and ask how many years (and it will be years) you need to get.

Then get a job in that field and bide your time until you can apply for the skills assessment. Keep studying for the ielts. Trying not to be rude here, but from your posts you won't get 8 in writing at least at the moment, so use that time.

Good luck.
Originally Posted by Bermudashorts View Post
Actually, the accountant skills assessment does not require any work experience. Pretty bad really but that is the way it is.
Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom View Post
Really? Wow. Are there any other jobs that don't require work experience or is this an odd one out?

In that case op, just keep revising for your ielts. Good luck.
hello
good morning all

wow thanks all for your reply

yes in my research to do skills assessment I do not need experience in accounting all I need here
Thanks for the clarification
I was little confuse from reading some posts here and there
but now all I need in this stage is the IELTS preparation
I know of course it will take time and practice and English is
foreign languish for me
so a lot of effort but not impossible

thanks again for your time and reply
good luck & have a great day
bye
maramero is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2012, 1:47 pm
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Apparently I'm in the Place to Be x
Posts: 995
Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Australia , prepare IELTS & work ... need same help

Good luck with the IELTS Mary. Hope it all works out for you x
Jilliebee is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2012, 3:31 pm
  #11  
 
newjersey's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,514
newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Australia , prepare IELTS & work ... need same help

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom View Post
Really? Wow. Are there any other jobs that don't require work experience or is this an odd one out?

In that case op, just keep revising for your ielts. Good luck.
You can be assessed as Engineer based solely on credentials.
newjersey is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2012, 6:13 pm
  #12  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Giza , Egypt
Posts: 5
maramero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to Australia , prepare IELTS & work ... need same help

Originally Posted by Jilliebee View Post
Good luck with the IELTS Mary. Hope it all works out for you x
Originally Posted by newjersey View Post
You can be assessed as Engineer based solely on credentials.
good evening
thanks all for your replies
good to know
good luck for you all
I had begin my preparation
thank you for encouragement
good bye

Last edited by maramero; Nov 11th 2012 at 6:17 pm.
maramero is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.