Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

For Months nothing....then its all happening!!!!!!

For Months nothing....then its all happening!!!!!!

Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

xLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nice
Default For Months nothing....then its all happening!!!!!!

Oh my word, there is no happy medium with DIAC, I heard nothing for months and now received an email from my CO requesting further information and given the standard 28 days deadline.....just got the information sent off and found another email in my inbox asking us to proceed with medical checks and police clearance. Couldn't happen at a worse time of year when everything comes to a standstill for xmas and new year but although it probably sounds like it I am not complaining........at last we are heading in the right direction!!!!

Police clearance checks are sent off and medicals are booked for wednesday, then its christmas time!!!!

L
xx
Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: For Months nothing....then its all happening!!!!!!

Originally Posted by xLaLax
Oh my word, there is no happy medium with DIAC, I heard nothing for months and now received an email from my CO requesting further information and given the standard 28 days deadline.....just got the information sent off and found another email in my inbox asking us to proceed with medical checks and police clearance. Couldn't happen at a worse time of year when everything comes to a standstill for xmas and new year but although it probably sounds like it I am not complaining........at last we are heading in the right direction!!!!

Police clearance checks are sent off and medicals are booked for wednesday, then its christmas time!!!!

L
xx
Its great your thing got moved.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

kokay28 is an unknown quantity at this point

By the way you can increase the reply time limit from 28 days if you think you cannot respond with PCC and Medical in this time spam.Just place an email to CO, Explain him the whole situation and asked him to give you some more days.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Mikoy21 is an unknown quantity at this point

L
xx
good for you no worries on the 28 day timeline, if for valid reasons the meds (results) and/or pcc's aren't ready by then you can always tell your CO why and provide them with proof these are in progress. in my case i sent receipts indicating issue date(s). was vacationing in india -- without carrying a phone or checking emails -- and to my shock when i learned about the request, had only barely a week left to respond but made it eventually... on the 28th day! best of luck to you!!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Mikoy21 is an unknown quantity at this point

ah, i see you do have ample time with the pcc's sent off and just the meds pending. 'tis not gonna be too long before then!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

xLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nice

Thanks all for your comments......takes an age for anything to happen and it all then starts happening at once, now am flying into a mild panic trying to organise christmas and all the visa things......it'll come good in the end
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Thanks all for your comments......takes an age for anything to happen and it all then starts happening at once, now am flying into a mild panic trying to organise christmas and all the visa things......it'll come good in the end
Yeah we are the same but its a nice wee xmas boost I think we just done medicals yesterday which has set us back £350 cash NHS does not accept credit cards which is a nightmare to spending that out a week before xmas but it has to be done just put x-rays on credit card though which was through Bupa thank god! PCC's been away for over a week cant wait to get to Oz x

Were about in Oz are you moving to?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Loopy, I know its painful paying out that amount in cash at this time of year....just had our xrays today so that's set us back 144 for me and OH, PCC sent off today as well with a cheque for 140 went for the premium service to get them back as soon as possible. Got our medicals booked for 23rd for me, OH and youngest son, the other son is in Oz just now visiting my sister so think he'll be gettin his done there if its possible if not he'll have to fly home asap!!!!!!

We are heading to the Brisbane area, my sister lives in Raceview so we're hoping to get as close as possible as the kids all miss each other badly

What about yourself??

L
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Also LoopyL did u do ur application online??? If so has ur document status changed at all.......mine still says all documents required although I have a case officer and have been asked for medicals and PCC etc.

L
Old Dec 18th 2009, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Hey Loopy, I know its painful paying out that amount in cash at this time of year....just had our xrays today so that's set us back 144 for me and OH, PCC sent off today as well with a cheque for 140 went for the premium service to get them back as soon as possible. Got our medicals booked for 23rd for me, OH and youngest son, the other son is in Oz just now visiting my sister so think he'll be gettin his done there if its possible if not he'll have to fly home asap!!!!!!

We are heading to the Brisbane area, my sister lives in Raceview so we're hoping to get as close as possible as the kids all miss each other badly

What about yourself??

L
We are in 2 minds at the moment were to go we have friends in Western Australia but when we were over a few year ago we visited Sunshine Coast Qld and loved it so I think we are swaying more to Queensland it would be great living beside our friends but I feel we need to go where we feel we need to go to live. There is just a lot more stuff to do and it is closer to places for visiting in the future.

I take it your sister moved over to Oz? Im not quite sure were Raceview is? Is it in Brisbane area our just on the outskirts?

We are just in cloud 9 at the moment we didn't think that we would have a CO so soon and hopefully we should have our visa all things going well in the next few months which is great We just need to sell the house now its taking a while to sell.

No our status still says required too im not too worried about that as I have read on here that some peoples status still says required even when they have there visa?

I cant wait to get over now we are planning all things hopefully going good for us to move July 2010? What about yourself? It will be good to get away from all this snow and have some sun.

Lynz x
Old Dec 18th 2009, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LoopyL
We are in 2 minds at the moment were to go we have friends in Western Australia but when we were over a few year ago we visited Sunshine Coast Qld and loved it so I think we are swaying more to Queensland it would be great living beside our friends but I feel we need to go where we feel we need to go to live. There is just a lot more stuff to do and it is closer to places for visiting in the future.

I take it your sister moved over to Oz? Im not quite sure were Raceview is? Is it in Brisbane area our just on the outskirts?

We are just in cloud 9 at the moment we didn't think that we would have a CO so soon and hopefully we should have our visa all things going well in the next few months which is great We just need to sell the house now its taking a while to sell.

No our status still says required too im not too worried about that as I have read on here that some peoples status still says required even when they have there visa?

I cant wait to get over now we are planning all things hopefully going good for us to move July 2010? What about yourself? It will be good to get away from all this snow and have some sun.

Lynz x
Hey Lynz

I know the feeling!!!! U moan coz nothing is happen and then u moan coz its all happening too fast!!!! Good am glad about the status thing was getting a bit concerned.

My sister moved over in June of this year and is having a ball, totally loves it and the area...they're on the outskirts of Brisbane quite central to everything. We're quite close as are our kids so we want to be close but not too close!!

We are living at my Dads at the moment who is also over in Oz waiting for us to get there so he can apply to stay, all his brothers and sisters are there and as we lost my Mum at this time last year he has nothing left so is hoping to stay permenantly. So we have his house to sell but its not gonna hold us back, we'll just go and leave it for relatives to sell.....the only thing that will hold us back is my youngest son....his father is taking me to court to stop me removing him to Oz....just had word today though that we could get a court date for 11th January at the earliest so fingers crossed it all works.

If that all falls into place its just a case of handing in our notice at work and jetting off to a new life!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Will need to stay in touch and compare our experiences and have someone to moan at coz I get the feeling that no-one knows what stresses and strains u have to go through unless their in the same position.

Speak soon

Lorrainex
Old Dec 18th 2009, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Lynz

I know the feeling!!!! U moan coz nothing is happen and then u moan coz its all happening too fast!!!! Good am glad about the status thing was getting a bit concerned.

My sister moved over in June of this year and is having a ball, totally loves it and the area...they're on the outskirts of Brisbane quite central to everything. We're quite close as are our kids so we want to be close but not too close!!

We are living at my Dads at the moment who is also over in Oz waiting for us to get there so he can apply to stay, all his brothers and sisters are there and as we lost my Mum at this time last year he has nothing left so is hoping to stay permenantly. So we have his house to sell but its not gonna hold us back, we'll just go and leave it for relatives to sell.....the only thing that will hold us back is my youngest son....his father is taking me to court to stop me removing him to Oz....just had word today though that we could get a court date for 11th January at the earliest so fingers crossed it all works.

If that all falls into place its just a case of handing in our notice at work and jetting off to a new life!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Will need to stay in touch and compare our experiences and have someone to moan at coz I get the feeling that no-one knows what stresses and strains u have to go through unless their in the same position.

Speak soon

Lorrainex

Hi Lorraine

Oh I hope it all works out for you with your youngest x Let me know how that goes fingers crossed all works alright for you

Its brill that the family are all staying together especially at the other side of the world. I bet you wish you were there now with your dad, older son and sisters family eh!

Yeah its totally stressing we done the TRA and Visa ourself without an agent and the time it all takes all we get from friends and family are you's are not going to get to Australia blah blah blah what can I say I wish we could just jump on a plane without a visa but we cant? But it will all be worth it when the time comes

Defo keep in touch might even try and catch up over there if not too far away what ages are your kids?

Lynz
Old Dec 18th 2009, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

[/COLOR]
Originally Posted by LoopyL
Hi Lorraine

Oh I hope it all works out for you with your youngest x Let me know how that goes fingers crossed all works alright for you

Its brill that the family are all staying together especially at the other side of the world. I bet you wish you were there now with your dad, older son and sisters family eh!

Yeah its totally stressing we done the TRA and Visa ourself without an agent and the time it all takes all we get from friends and family are you's are not going to get to Australia blah blah blah what can I say I wish we could just jump on a plane without a visa but we cant? But it will all be worth it when the time comes

Defo keep in touch might even try and catch up over there if not too far away what ages are your kids?

Lynz
Yeah we were the same did it all without an agent, well when I say we I mean me, OH says he's just there to be told what I need him to do and to tell me that its all gonna work out when I'm tearing my hair out over one thing or another!!!!

Yeah can't wait for the family to be all together again, I have two boys who are 14 and 10....Liam the eldest was not looking forward to moving but now he's there and has experience it for himself he loves it too......just gotta get the youngest one there and I'm sure he'll feel the same.....I suppose its the fear of the unknown which is understandable, its easier for me and OH as we have already been.

Lorrainex