Application

Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Scoops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application

Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice if possible.

Does anyone know the best visa for us to apply for.

I am 46 with a business management degree and many years experience in building management systems and controls.

My wife is 43 and is a hairdresser.

I have heard that it may be better for my wife to apply and she may be applicable for STNI.

Youngest daughter is 9 but we have two aged 18 and 21 and i believe they will have to apply seperately. 21 year old finishes Uni shortly (Physiotherapy) and 18 year old has a place held at Birmingham Uni on a primary teachers course for 3 years.

Any help/advice is much appreciated

Scoops
Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application

Hi Scoops,

If you are thinking of general skilled migrant visa, then unfortunately at 46 you could not apply as 45 is the maximum age. If you managed to find an employer to sponsor you then your age might not be an issue but that is probably a bit of a long shot.

So for that reason, I think your wife might be a better option for the main applicant, assuming she has been employed as hairdresser for 12 of the last 24 months. I have no idea what STNI means! Perhaps you can enlighten me on that.

Your adult daughters can still be on the same application form so long as they are in full time education, dependent upon you and I believe under the age of 23, although possibly 21. As the eldest is coming to the end of her studies, I would recommend acting quite quickly. One thing to look into is whether she should be dependent at time of application or time of decision. I don't know the answer to that sorry.

If she cannot go on this visa, then there is a remaining relative visa for situations where just one member of the family is left behind. But that would mean she comes after the rest of you.

Anyway www.immi.gov.au is the place to start and there is a visa wizard which is very helpful and might identify more options.

(I saw you had another thread and started an answer there too but this one being in immigration will get more responses).

Good luck
Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Hi Scoops,

If you are thinking of general skilled migrant visa, then unfortunately at 46 you could not apply as 45 is the maximum age. If you managed to find an employer to sponsor you then your age might not be an issue but that is probably a bit of a long shot.

So for that reason, I think your wife might be a better option for the main applicant, assuming she has been employed as hairdresser for 12 of the last 24 months. I have no idea what STNI means! Perhaps you can enlighten me on that.

Your adult daughters can still be on the same application form so long as they are in full time education, dependent upon you and I believe under the age of 23, although possibly 21. As the eldest is coming to the end of her studies, I would recommend acting quite quickly. One thing to look into is whether she should be dependent at time of application or time of decision. I don't know the answer to that sorry.

If she cannot go on this visa, then there is a remaining relative visa for situations where just one member of the family is left behind. But that would mean she comes after the rest of you.

Anyway www.immi.gov.au is the place to start and there is a visa wizard which is very helpful and might identify more options.

(I saw you had another thread and started an answer there too but this one being in immigration will get more responses).

Good luck
And must be aware that, Non CSL have to wait for extended time
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Scoops is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bermuda,

STNI is state nominated.

Hairdressing was on the list for Melbourne and Perth some time ago but i need to check if it's still relevant.

Thanks for your help and advice with the kids applications.

Scoops