MODL update panic

Old Aug 16th 2004, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Jayhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face MODL update panic

OK here's my latest panic. I am currently on the MODL and as such get over the magic 120 points but that would change if when they update the list in december my job (hairdresser) is taken off the list. I see today a nurse has reported that processing times are now between 6-8 months for MODL applicants. As I lodged my application in June that could be a heartbreaking situation so should I just re apply and get the benefit of the greased lightning post July processing times? Any one got any ideas on what will happen in December to the MODL list? Am I panicking over nothing ? Are we all Whingeing poms and DIMA will zoom through evryones applications for Xmas?
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:32 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: MODL update panic

Originally Posted by Jayhall
OK here's my latest panic. I am currently on the MODL and as such get over the magic 120 points but that would change if when they update the list in december my job (hairdresser) is taken off the list. I see today a nurse has reported that processing times are now between 6-8 months for MODL applicants. As I lodged my application in June that could be a heartbreaking situation so should I just re apply and get the benefit of the greased lightning post July processing times? Any one got any ideas on what will happen in December to the MODL list? Am I panicking over nothing ? Are we all Whingeing poms and DIMA will zoom through evryones applications for Xmas?
My advice stick to what you have, you may never know what's going to happen atleast you are sure about the points now. By the way I also saw DIMIA working out backwards july , june and so on, There is good chance that you get the requests for meds soon

Good luck
Badri
Old Aug 16th 2004, 11:28 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

my advice as one hairdresser to another is dont panic!

Hairdressers have been on demand and will be for years as all the hairdressers train up and then leave for europe(usually london) about the age of 21 earn their money whilst having a nice firm base in which to travel from to the rest of europe and generally settle as its so piss easy to get here and stay!!

Ive been told this off an agent and if anyone wishes to correct me then please george lombard or alan collet or any other who visit this site please do so and i will apologise profusely!!

be lucky!
Where are ya moving?
Can you not try for a SIR as i think the points are less
alk
Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:06 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Can you not try for a SIR as i think the points are less
alk
Points may be less for SIR, but no-one with a realistic chance of PR any other way should consider this route (in other words it's a last resort).

The original poster might want to consider applying for an STNI nomination, if hairdressing is on the skill shortage lists for SA, Vic or Tas.

Jeremy
Old Aug 17th 2004, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Jayhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou everyone- will just keep my fingers crossed and wait for the post. I really fancy Melbourne but the Gold coast/ Brisbane is so tempting too...