In the Millitary

Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: In the Millitary

Originally Posted by Lucyemma5
I just thought I would give you all an update:

139 visa (skilled, sponsored, designated area)
Medicals done last week, case number received today, CO has asked for AOS to be progressed. Nothing else to do now, except wait and see if discharge papers are requested (letter sent from Navy a couple of weeks ago stating that hubby has put his notice in).

Father-in-Law has made an appoitment with Centrelink in Brisbane for 15th November.

Lucy

Lucy

Thanks for the update. We're STILL waiting on our references to come through and as soon as they do its off!. Its SOOOOOO frustrating waiting on other people to get the last 2 pieces of paper you need before being able to put it together to send.

Hope all goes well with the app, got our fingers crossed for you. Give you all an update if and when (!) we get it.

Regards
Old Aug 16th 2005, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Dear Everyone,

I'm aware that recently London has been encouraging people to provide military character clearances for visas granted through London, however when we checked with Canberra about this in June/July we were told quite firmly that there is no change to the policy for skilled applications, ie that you won't get the visa until you provide the discharge certificate. Surprised other agents aren't aware of this.

Those of you in the UK armed forces ought to be aware that there are also applicants from the Burmese, Indonesian and Congo military forces and you'd definitely want to make sure those characters are demobilised before giving them migration rights.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Hiya George,
Has there been any update/clarification on whether a letter from the service concerned giving due discharge date will allow the visa application to go through, or does the individual have to have the discharge papers before even lodging a visa application.
Thanks
Lilstewie
Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

colinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lilstewie
Hiya George,
Has there been any update/clarification on whether a letter from the service concerned giving due discharge date will allow the visa application to go through, or does the individual have to have the discharge papers before even lodging a visa application.
Thanks
Lilstewie
Hi,

I used a letter from the service, and received my PR visa 12 months prior to my discharge.

Hope this helps.

Colin
Old Aug 18th 2005, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colinmorgan
Hi,

I used a letter from the service, and received my PR visa 12 months prior to my discharge.

Hope this helps.

Colin
Thanks for the info, that's eased my mind a bit.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 5:44 am
Just Joined

kleinvogel is an unknown quantity at this point

dear friends;

I also experienced that military discharge record problem too. in the application form; it is asked if you served in any armed forces or not.( or something like that, I cannot remember exactly). so the question is asked in past tense. the answer should be yes or no. either you served or not. if you are still in the army the answer should be no, i thought. i did so. i applied for skilled independent visa while i was in the army. (by the way i was in turkey, and military service in turkey is really tough!).

i have now completed the military service and taken the military discharge record. it is possible that you give a change of circumstances form after you take the military discharge record.

good luck friends.

kleinvogel.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

steve_m is on a distinguished road

Hi all. I must admit I didn't read every entry on this thread, I'm sorry if this has already been covered. Neither my wife or I had discharge papers when we started our applications and I still don't as my last day of service isn't until the end of Sept but we had our Visa's issued last week without it. Anywhere on the application forms where it was mentioned I just put down our expected dates of discharge.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 7:56 am
Just Joined

lostincanberra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve_m
Hi all. I must admit I didn't read every entry on this thread, I'm sorry if this has already been covered. Neither my wife or I had discharge papers when we started our applications and I still don't as my last day of service isn't until the end of Sept but we had our Visa's issued last week without it. Anywhere on the application forms where it was mentioned I just put down our expected dates of discharge.

Hope this helps.
Hi All

I was in a similar position myself at the time of my application I didn't have any discharge papers, I was advised that a letter or other document from my OC would be sufficient, this should include dates of start of service , duration f service rank at time of drafting/discharge. This should of course be on official headed note paper, and should bear the unit stamp. The other option is that the Australian Defence Force may be able to aid in visa application provided you are willing to join them.

Regards
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steve_m

Hope this helps.

Hi,

My husband is in forces/Army and is not due to discharge until 2007 but I want to apply for my 139 Visa before changes are due in July 2006. I want to lodge the paperwork beofre changes apply. I therefore assume that as you both got you visas before you left the army that I can proceed and just put in that my husband is due to leave in 2007. Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Oh and congratulations
Old Jan 6th 2006, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: In the Millitary

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
Hi,

My husband is in forces/Army and is not due to discharge until 2007 but I want to apply for my 139 Visa before changes are due in July 2006. I want to lodge the paperwork beofre changes apply. I therefore assume that as you both got you visas before you left the army that I can proceed and just put in that my husband is due to leave in 2007. Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Oh and congratulations
Cheryl

Sent you an e-mail.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

nickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

I wasnt asked for my discharge papers. Visa was granted and I arrived in Australia and was still employed by the RAF. My last day of service was a month after I had arrived in Australia.
I also have 2 friends who have and have validated visas that still have 2 years to serve.

Nick
Old Jan 8th 2006, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nickos12
Hi,

I wasnt asked for my discharge papers. Visa was granted and I arrived in Australia and was still employed by the RAF. My last day of service was a month after I had arrived in Australia.
I also have 2 friends who have and have validated visas that still have 2 years to serve.

Nick
Nick,

Thank you for your note. Now that I have had your and Craig's e-mail I am going to push ahead with our application. How are you finding it in Adelaide. Friends of ours moved over in September, now live in Belaire, he was ex Army and found it tough to break into job market as British Military experience not recognised over in OZ (med centre manager WO2) . We visited Adelaide and thought is was wonderful no traffic jams compared to Melbourne, stayed in campsite Adelaide Shores loved the Hills.

Thanks for your info.

Cheryl
Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

nickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
Nick,

Thank you for your note. Now that I have had your and Craig's e-mail I am going to push ahead with our application. How are you finding it in Adelaide. Friends of ours moved over in September, now live in Belaire, he was ex Army and found it tough to break into job market as British Military experience not recognised over in OZ (med centre manager WO2) . We visited Adelaide and thought is was wonderful no traffic jams compared to Melbourne, stayed in campsite Adelaide Shores loved the Hills.

Thanks for your info.

Cheryl

hI cheryl,
Yes no problems. I had no problem getting a job. I am a training consultant, delivering fire evacuation training. I left the RAF after my last 7 years were spent as an instructor at the defence college of aeronautial engineering. I am an aircraft tech but obviously have all my teaching quals so no probs. Are we talking about Lars and Nikki, thatlive at Belair, we met them at a bbq back in sept when they first arrived.
As I said before we had no probs so keep going
Nick
Old Jan 15th 2006, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hijack the thread chaps - I need help!!

I'm starting on the LA Visa trail, Sub Cat 120:

Did any of you have German police checks done? If so who translated them? I've tried 3 of the NAATI approved people, all of whom are too busy - any ideas?

I'm also at a loss as to what to send as proof of experience/qualifications, I was thinking my latest annual report would suffice, it has my enlistment date, rank, current experience etc. Is this suitable?

I'm ack to Iraq in a week, so I'm trying to sort out what I can now. I leave the Army in August and it feels like it is getting very close.

Cheers in advance
Old Jan 15th 2006, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickos12
hI cheryl,
Yes no problems. I had no problem getting a job. I am a training consultant, delivering fire evacuation training. I left the RAF after my last 7 years were spent as an instructor at the defence college of aeronautial engineering. I am an aircraft tech but obviously have all my teaching quals so no probs. Are we talking about Lars and Nikki, thatlive at Belair, we met them at a bbq back in sept when they first arrived.
As I said before we had no probs so keep going
Nick
Nick,

Small world, yes you have met Lar and Nikki. He has got a job now teaching health and safety. Amazing you met them.

Anyway chat again soon, been on here all day researching for Visa, husband is telling me to get off.

Cheryl
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

biscuit63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by njk435
Sorry to hijack the thread chaps - I need help!!

I'm starting on the LA Visa trail, Sub Cat 120:

Did any of you have German police checks done? If so who translated them? I've tried 3 of the NAATI approved people, all of whom are too busy - any ideas?

I'm also at a loss as to what to send as proof of experience/qualifications, I was thinking my latest annual report would suffice, it has my enlistment date, rank, current experience etc. Is this suitable?

I'm ack to Iraq in a week, so I'm trying to sort out what I can now. I leave the Army in August and it feels like it is getting very close.

Cheers in advance
Hi,

Can't help with the German Police checks, I sent my RMP certificate in and that sufficed although others have been asked for Police checks from countries lived in?! I think it depends on your Case Officer.

As for proof of experience/quals, I sent photocopies (signed by a solicitor) of a few of my course certificates and a letter from my CO stating rank on discharge, time served and in what capacity (for you a VM?).

Drop me a pm if you need any more help.

Cheers

Biscuit63

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.