Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Migration Agents fees for 457 Sponsorhip Visa

Migration Agents fees for 457 Sponsorhip Visa

Old May 13th 2008, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

jennireren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migration Agents fees for 457 Sponsorhip Visa

Hi everyone,

Just got a quote today for a migration agents fees. They've quoted £1650 for the process. Whats this like compared to others? Any cheaper out there or is this cheap?

Thanks,

Jennie
Old May 13th 2008, 3:10 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration Agents fees for 457 Sponsorhip Visa

Originally Posted by jennireren
Hi everyone,

Just got a quote today for a migration agents fees. They've quoted £1650 for the process. Whats this like compared to others? Any cheaper out there or is this cheap?

Thanks,

Jennie
Hi Jennie,

Happy to quote if you'd like to email me at george [at] austimmigration [dot] com [dot] au. Indicative prices from the migration agent profession are here: http://www.themara.com.au/Online/Default.asp?DeptID=275 .

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 14th 2008, 12:37 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Does this include the employer application for approval to act as a business sponsor and/or the nomination application?

More details needed ...

Best regards.
Old May 14th 2008, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Does this include the employer application for approval to act as a business sponsor and/or the nomination application?

More details needed ...

Best regards.
Hi Alan,

As far as I'm aware I think it includes the employer application as the agent said they would look after all the paper work for the employer. do you think this is a good quote? We got confirmation from the employer today that they will sponsor my husband and will provide all the necessary details. Say the visa is approved sooner than what we can actually get to australia due to sale of house etc, what happens then?

Many thanks,

Jennie
Old May 14th 2008, 1:50 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

There are two element to an employer application under the subclass 457 program, Jennie:

- application to DIAC for approval to act as a business sponsor, which lasts for 2 years or until the number of nominations requested in the application to act as a business sponsor are used up (whichever occurs first)

- application to DIAC for approval of the position for which the intended employee is being nominated (this occurs on each occasion an individual is being nominated to fill a vacancy in Australia)

My hunch is that the employer probably has the first aspect in place (as employers who sponsor tend to be approved business sponsors already). Maybe check this aspect, as it will affect the overall processing time of the application.

Is £1,650 a good quote? If my hunch is correct it is double what we would charge.

Feel able to telephone my office in Southampton if you would like to discuss further: 023 80 30 2525. I would ask for my colleague John Sylvester. Or you can telephone me or Stephen Dickson in Melbourne on 00 61 3 9935 2929 - a call at about 7am UK time is generally best (this is 4pm here in Victoria).

As to your second question: consider renting out your house if needs be! But also be mindful of tax issues that then arise. In my capacity as a CA feel able to let me know if you require some further assistance in that regard: alan - at - gomatilda.com

Best regards.
Old May 14th 2008, 8:20 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jennie,

No if that's just for the visa application and the sponsorship and nomination have been done already then the quote you've been given is apparently way over the top but I'm not comfortable about quoting without seeing more detail, there may be some other aspect to your situation of which I'm not aware. Surprising that the employer isn't able to arrange a better deal for you, but fwiw the fixed costs would be your medicals, and the visa application fee of A$190, and any professional registration costs onshore (if you're a nurse for example), so make sure you get those itemised in any quote you do get, otherwise it can be hard to compare quotes.

You can call me on the mobile +61-419-273267 to discuss if you like; otherwise our office is on +61-2-97990085 and open from 8.30am to 6.30pm Sydney time, ie UK +9hours.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Last edited by George Lombard; May 14th 2008 at 8:28 pm.
Old May 14th 2008, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
There are two element to an employer application under the subclass 457 program, Jennie:

- application to DIAC for approval to act as a business sponsor, which lasts for 2 years or until the number of nominations requested in the application to act as a business sponsor are used up (whichever occurs first)

- application to DIAC for approval of the position for which the intended employee is being nominated (this occurs on each occasion an individual is being nominated to fill a vacancy in Australia)

My hunch is that the employer probably has the first aspect in place (as employers who sponsor tend to be approved business sponsors already). Maybe check this aspect, as it will affect the overall processing time of the application.

Is £1,650 a good quote? If my hunch is correct it is double what we would charge.

Feel able to telephone my office in Southampton if you would like to discuss further: 023 80 30 2525. I would ask for my colleague John Sylvester. Or you can telephone me or Stephen Dickson in Melbourne on 00 61 3 9935 2929 - a call at about 7am UK time is generally best (this is 4pm here in Victoria).

As to your second question: consider renting out your house if needs be! But also be mindful of tax issues that then arise. In my capacity as a CA feel able to let me know if you require some further assistance in that regard: alan - at - gomatilda.com

Best regards.
Hi Alan,

Unfortunatley the company have never sponsored before but have agreed to do it. I take it that the fact that they are not yet approved as a business sponsor means it would cost more for an agents service. Is this correct?

Many thanks,

Jennie
Old May 14th 2008, 10:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alan,

Unfortunatley the company have never sponsored before but have agreed to do it. I take it that the fact that they are not yet approved as a business sponsor means it would cost more for an agents service. Is this correct?

Many thanks,

Jennie

Possibly - but why don't you get quotes from George and Alan and take things from there. What's the plan to get permanent residence, out of interest?
Old May 14th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Jennie,

No if that's just for the visa application and the sponsorship and nomination have been done already then the quote you've been given is apparently way over the top but I'm not comfortable about quoting without seeing more detail, there may be some other aspect to your situation of which I'm not aware. Surprising that the employer isn't able to arrange a better deal for you, but fwiw the fixed costs would be your medicals, and the visa application fee of A$190, and any professional registration costs onshore (if you're a nurse for example), so make sure you get those itemised in any quote you do get, otherwise it can be hard to compare quotes.

You can call me on the mobile +61-419-273267 to discuss if you like; otherwise our office is on +61-2-97990085 and open from 8.30am to 6.30pm Sydney time, ie UK +9hours.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Hi George,

As i've said to Alan, the company have never sponsored any before so the whole process will be starting from scratch as they are not approved and have no agent working for them. What details would I need before you could give me a quote?

Many thanks,

Jennie
Old May 14th 2008, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Possibly - but why don't you get quotes from George and Alan and take things from there. What's the plan to get permanent residence, out of interest?
Hi Jaj,

I know the 457 doesnt guareentee you permanent residence but the migration agent I have been talking to says that after 2 years on the temporary I can look into permanent residence, is this wrong?

Jennie
Old May 14th 2008, 10:48 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jaj,

I know the 457 doesnt guareentee you permanent residence but the migration agent I have been talking to says that after 2 years on the temporary I can look into permanent residence, is this wrong?
It can get easier after 2 years but depends on circumstances.

In some situations you may be eligible for permanent residence immediately.