Membership of Engineers Australia??

Old Dec 16th 2009, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

rishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to all
Default Membership of Engineers Australia??

As on the way to fill up 175 online application there is question about applicant association membership.

As I got positive skill assessment from Engineers Australia.
Does it also mean...I become a member of Engineer Australia??
Old Dec 16th 2009, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

GraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to all
Default Re: Membership of Engineers Australia??

Originally Posted by rishadsky
As on the way to fill up 175 online application there is question about applicant association membership.

Hi,
Not quite - they need to review your CV & qualifications and a fee first.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Did you pay for the membership or just the skills assessment? I only paid for the skills assessment so am not a member.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

No
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Mastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant future

What happens good when you becoma a member of EA? What is the point of that?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mastiche
What happens good when you becoma a member of EA? What is the point of that?
Aussies like their professional societies - good for networking, perhaps helpful when looking for work
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
Aussies like their professional societies - good for networking, perhaps helpful when looking for work
If you can achieve Chartered Engineer status, yes that's a major achievement and would a pre-requisite for many very senior jobs.

Otherwise it's worth bugger all.