Meeting ACS Group A criteria

Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:49 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meeting ACS Group A criteria

Hi Folks

I have a BSc(Hons) Computing for Business. This included one years full time paid employment working in IT.
For the final year of the degree I continued at the same company in the same role but on a part time basis (7.5 - 15 hours a week).

When I completed the degree in June 2002 I rejoined the company on a full time basis and have worked there till the present day (March 2006).

Does the 4 years experience required for the Grade A need to be continuous i.e. Should I wait until June before applying for my Skills Assesment or do I already pass the criteria?

Thanks for any advice
Graz
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:18 am
Beenish Khan

Default Re: Meeting ACS Group A criteria

As far as I know, it do not need to be continous

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:22 am
Beenish Khan

but they are asking for four years of full time job i-e. 40 hours.

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:04 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beenish Khan
but they are asking for four years of full time job i-e. 40 hours.
I have worked four years of full time BUT there was a years (well 8 months) part time work while I finished my degree course.

Can anyone clarify if it is required to be continuous?

Thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 5:29 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
I have worked four years of full time BUT there was a years (well 8 months) part time work while I finished my degree course.

Can anyone clarify if it is required to be continuous?

Thanks
Hi T+G,

No it doesn't need to be continuous but the earlier period will be treated pro-rata, so if on average you were working 10 hours a week you could really only claim two months of the eight months. There are also risks associated with claiming work prior to graduation - it might not be seen as fully professional - but if you've got the documentation then go for it.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Glenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Hi Folks

I have a BSc(Hons) Computing for Business. This included one years full time paid employment working in IT.
For the final year of the degree I continued at the same company in the same role but on a part time basis (7.5 - 15 hours a week).

When I completed the degree in June 2002 I rejoined the company on a full time basis and have worked there till the present day (March 2006).

Does the 4 years experience required for the Grade A need to be continuous i.e. Should I wait until June before applying for my Skills Assesment or do I already pass the criteria?

Thanks for any advice
Graz
If waiting until June has no adverse timing impact on your visa application and total point score (eg you are not going to rollover to a higher age bracket and lose points that bring you below the pass mark before about October), take the conservative approach.

However, if there are time issues that will affect your points etc then go with what you have.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:15 am
Beenish Khan

> I have worked four years of full time BUT there was a years (well 8
    > months) part time work while I finished my degree course.

> Can anyone clarify if it is required to be continuous?

> Thanks

>Hi T+G,

>No it doesn't need to be continuous but the earlier period will be
treated pro-rata, so if on average you were working 10 hours a week you

could really only claim two months of the eight months. There are also

risks associated with claiming work prior to graduation - it might not
be seen as fully professional - but if you've got the documentation
then
go for it.

>Cheers,

>George Lombard

I must tell you that a large part of my experience was before
gradutaion, and ACS has considered it. One important thing was that I
provided very detailed documentation.

Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:28 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Thanks for the info.

I have the documentation but will probaly be "Safer" to wait until June so we have the guarenteed four years.