STNI - Job offer

Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:42 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool STNI - Job offer

How frustrating is this?

Want to go STNI Vic, on the Vic website it says that for a cook, you need 'job match'.

How can you get a job when all the cook/chef jobs advertised state that in order to get the job you need the visa first?????

If anyone has any ideas of how to approach this or has been successful in sourcing out a job themselves and got STNI then let me know.

Theres a beer in it for you.

Bloody frustrating though.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:01 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STNI - Job offer

Just been checking for jobs and they defo want a visa before they offer.

Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:26 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Just been checking for jobs and they defo want a visa before they offer.

We had exactly the same problem. We wanted STNI from Vic but they declined saying we need a job offer first. It's that old chicken and egg story isn't it.

Do you have any contacts in Melbourne who could maybe help get an offer.

We struggled with this as we don't know anyone in Melbourne so we've decided to go via SIR to Adelaide instead.

Good luck.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by herrchook
We had exactly the same problem. We wanted STNI from Vic but they declined saying we need a job offer first. It's that old chicken and egg story isn't it.

Do you have any contacts in Melbourne who could maybe help get an offer.

We struggled with this as we don't know anyone in Melbourne so we've decided to go via SIR to Adelaide instead.

Good luck.

Well this arvo I have been emailing employers in Vic, explaining the situation with utmost honesty saying that we just require a firm job offer. I have been targeting big companies that may have a large staffing level and that continually recruit as opposed to small companies.

I have emailed hubbys employer in Oz, even though they said once he has a visa, they will talk business, it wasnt a firm offer so I have explained everything.

I dont want to go SIR, I am a tad nervous of that. Hubby is 44 next birthday (sept) and its a long way round to pr for someone of his age.

If it was our last chance, then we would.

Its mad about Vic doing that when they have the most cook jobs on offer out of Australia, we have friends there etc.

But, we will happily live in WA, if we can get STNI there.

Failing that, hubby MUST get 6.5 in all components in his IELTS in March.