Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Medicals near Epsom, Surrey (40 mins south of London)

Medicals near Epsom, Surrey (40 mins south of London)

Old Feb 28th 2010, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

anna collins has a spectacular aura aboutanna collins has a spectacular aura aboutanna collins has a spectacular aura about
Default Medicals near Epsom, Surrey (40 mins south of London)

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a panel doctor for our medicals. I have seen lots of positive comments about the Bridge clinic in Maidenhead. Does anyone know anything about Heathrow Medical Services.
Does anyone know of doctors that just ask the required questions? I have heard that some doctors want every minute detail of your medical history where some just ask for what is required by Oz.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:35 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medicals near Epsom, Surrey (40 mins south of London)

Originally Posted by anna collins
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a panel doctor for our medicals. I have seen lots of positive comments about the Bridge clinic in Maidenhead. Does anyone know anything about Heathrow Medical Services.
Does anyone know of doctors that just ask the required questions? I have heard that some doctors want every minute detail of your medical history where some just ask for what is required by Oz.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.
Hi
Can't really help I'm afraid - I'm one that had a good experience at the Bridge Clinic.
If you don't get many replies, try posting another thread with the title - Heathrow Medical Services! When you are really obvious about what you are looking to find out it often catches the eye of more people. Good Luck
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

anna collins has a spectacular aura aboutanna collins has a spectacular aura aboutanna collins has a spectacular aura about

Thanks. I'll do that. Good luck with your move...
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Default Heathrow Medical Services

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Heathrow Medical Services for medicals? Good experiences or others? I am also keen to find out whether anyone knows whether they go into every minute detail of your medical history or just the stuff that they ned to find out.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 9:24 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heathrow Medical Services

Hi Anna,

This thread I found very helpful:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608240.

Heathrow Medical Services is the closest to me geographically and I did make enquiries with them but for some reason (that I cant quite remember... maybe less competitive or a maybe it was more of a hassle to do chest xrays(??)) we ended up using Thornton Heath.

Bear in mind though that it's not recommended to undergo your medicals until DIAC requests them.

Good luck,

Paul
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:24 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I was just about to recommend the doctors that I used for my medical but fortunately I couldn't remember the name of the practice and went to check on the DIAC site. It was fortunate because I see they're doing a bit of a review of panel docs and the one I used are no longer there, in fact there doesn't seem to be much choice at all!

When I was arranging mine, I just looked out 2 or 3 that were most accessible (not necessarily geographically closest) and then phoned them, asked about price and how long I would have to wait for an appointment, and did they arrange the x-rays etc. One practice I phoned were cheap but clueless, so I went with a slightly more expensive place, but at least they had the information at their fingertips and thus reassured me that they were used to doing medicals for immigration and would therefore know the processes/procedures and less likely for there to be any mistakes.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

When we lived in Leatherhead [just along the road] we found it cheaper and quicker to get it done at a doctors in the West End of London [somewhere round the back of Harrods I think it was]
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heathrow Medical Services

Originally Posted by anna collins
I am also keen to find out whether anyone knows whether they go into every minute detail of your medical history or just the stuff that they ned to find out.
This varies enormously from clinic to clinic and even from doctor to doctor within a clinic.

There is a certain minimum they have to do per the DIAC form, e.g. height, weight, blood test, pee test and you need to answer your questions on the DIAC form.

We went to The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead. The doctor who saw my husband, just did the minimum tests per the form and then had a chat with my husband about Australia (doc had been there on holiday).

I had a different doctor, who poked and prodded me in all kinds of places in addition to the minimum tests per the form. But still nothing major.

If you do a search on here though, you'll find people who've been to other places reporting that they had to bring with them their latest smear test result or that the clinic contacted their GP for a report.

At The Bridge Clinic I wasn't asked about smear test results (or when I last had one) and they never even asked who our GP was.

You can download form 26 here: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/26.pdf

Sections A and B is what you have to complete and Section D what the doctor has to complete. This should give you an idea of the minimum you can expect.

Good luck!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 2:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged. You really don't need to start a new thread for the same question.