Medical Costs London Area

Old May 9th 2009, 8:11 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical Costs London Area

Well it seems that my family and I are on our final lap.

My thoughts now are on getting our medicals sorted. Can anyone recommend anywhere in the London area where the costs are relatively low for two adults and two children?

Thanks.
Old May 9th 2009, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

electrifying is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Costs London Area

hi paulry,,,,,,,,,

i have done my meds in cambridge & it cost me total 210 pounds......including postage......

bye
Old May 9th 2009, 8:49 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by electrifying
hi paulry,,,,,,,,,

i have done my meds in cambridge & it cost me total 210 pounds......including postage......

bye
Thanks electrifying. Was that with Cambridge Migration Medical Services (CMMS)? Do they do the xrays too?
Old May 10th 2009, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

electrifying is an unknown quantity at this point

hello m8

CMMS do form 26H then they will send u to nuffield hospital for Xray....abt 3 miles from their place...........

30 mins for medical and 20 mins for Xray...........so you need around 1 hr to spare

then its their responsiblity to collect and send within 10 working days

i did from cmms b/c it was near to my area
Old May 10th 2009, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Sparky Making will become famous soon enoughSparky Making will become famous soon enough

That is my next job as we were asked to arrange our medicals last week (London area). Going to start making phonecalls tomorrow. Will post on here again when I have arranged ours. Where abouts are you planning on heading to in Australia?
Old May 10th 2009, 7:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by electrifying
hello m8

CMMS do form 26H then they will send u to nuffield hospital for Xray....abt 3 miles from their place...........

30 mins for medical and 20 mins for Xray...........so you need around 1 hr to spare

then its their responsiblity to collect and send within 10 working days

i did from cmms b/c it was near to my area
Thanks. I've emailed them for a quote.
Old May 10th 2009, 7:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sparky Making
That is my next job as we were asked to arrange our medicals last week (London area). Going to start making phonecalls tomorrow. Will post on here again when I have arranged ours. Where abouts are you planning on heading to in Australia?
Thanks Sparky Making, I'll also post the details of the CMMS quote as soon as I receive it.

I'm (hopefully) going to Canberra. Where are you headed?
Old May 10th 2009, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paulry
Well it seems that my family and I are on our final lap.

My thoughts now are on getting our medicals sorted. Can anyone recommend anywhere in the London area where the costs are relatively low for two adults and two children?

Thanks.
hi paulry

we done our meds 2 weeks ago went to the one in thornton heath ( croydon )price was ;

me and wife x rays @ £ 50 each = 100

me ,wife and 3 kids ( 7 , 4 and 3 ) including £ 60 courier charge £510.00 for medicals .

total £ 610.00 and at these places they only take cash no cheques or cards

i did ring about 3 places and they seemed to be much of a much price wise and they tried to charge £20 per person to courier but i haggled told them elsewhere said they would do a family charge for £ 60 which they agreed to do.

all worked out well xray department at the mayday hospital ( croydon )just around the corner from the medical centre had them done first and then 5 minute drive around for the medicals which took about an hour for all five of us

all the best steve
Old May 10th 2009, 7:40 am
Just Joined

ben_g is an unknown quantity at this point

I got mine done in Kingston recently - £155 for the medical and c. £70 for x-ray.

Very easy process - the doctor at Kingston was really nice and I was in and out for the x-ray in less than an hour.
Old May 10th 2009, 8:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
hi paulry

we done our meds 2 weeks ago went to the one in thornton heath ( croydon )price was ;

me and wife x rays @ £ 50 each = 100

me ,wife and 3 kids ( 7 , 4 and 3 ) including £ 60 courier charge £510.00 for medicals .

total £ 610.00 and at these places they only take cash no cheques or cards

i did ring about 3 places and they seemed to be much of a much price wise and they tried to charge £20 per person to courier but i haggled told them elsewhere said they would do a family charge for £ 60 which they agreed to do.

all worked out well xray department at the mayday hospital ( croydon )just around the corner from the medical centre had them done first and then 5 minute drive around for the medicals which took about an hour for all five of us

all the best steve
Thanks very much Steve, that looks to be about the best so far.

Best regards,

Paul
Old May 10th 2009, 8:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ben_g
I got mine done in Kingston recently - £155 for the medical and c. £70 for x-ray.

Very easy process - the doctor at Kingston was really nice and I was in and out for the x-ray in less than an hour.
Thanks Ben_g.
Old May 10th 2009, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

wijay is an unknown quantity at this point

We also did our medicals in Thonrthon Heath. We live in Morden. I have called around before that, as far as Heathrow, Guilford, Dorking, Brighton, Ealing, Harley Street etc, and found that Thorntorn Heath is the cheapest.

For 4 of us, 2 adults, 1 child over 11, and 1 under 11, costed us 520 for medical and x-ray.

But did not haggle to courier to Oz, that costed us 80 pound, but as we did not have enough cash, they let us pay by credit card.

Wijay
Old May 10th 2009, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Depending which "side" of London you live in, consider "The Bridge Clinic" in Maidenhead: http://www.bridge-clinic.com/

Few years ago now since we did ours, but it was a good price then. You also got to do it all under one roof and they allowed you to choose courier service instead of Royal Mail International.
Old May 11th 2009, 7:04 pm
Banned

Thanks for the responses. It looks like I need to phone around and play them off against eachother.

I've received the price from CMMS:

Its £730 (or £850 if we end up having to take the extra blood tests).

£185 each for the adults (or £245 each if you need the extra blood tests as described above in "additional costs")
£155 each for the children

+ £50 postage to Australia or £20 to London.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:36 am
Banned

Does anyone know where I can find the full list of UK medical examiners?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.