Medical & Police Checks

Old Dec 14th 2010, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Okavango is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical & Police Checks

We've been asked to proceed with medical and police checks so I assume our 176 application is otherwise all in order? I understand the police checks take up to 3 weeks, but where is the best place to get the medical check in North West UK (ideally Manchester) and what is the typical cost? Finally, once these have been submitted is the visa normally processed quite quickly as we want to start planning travel. Many thanks.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medical & Police Checks

Originally Posted by Okavango
We've been asked to proceed with medical and police checks so I assume our 176 application is otherwise all in order? I understand the police checks take up to 3 weeks, but where is the best place to get the medical check in North West UK (ideally Manchester) and what is the typical cost? Finally, once these have been submitted is the visa normally processed quite quickly as we want to start planning travel. Many thanks.
Hi Okavango

A list of panel doctors for Australian medicals is listed at the link below. I see there is one in Manchester. I had a full medical done in August in Edinburgh and it cost £300 including blood test and chest x ray.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...el-doctors.htm

Not sure how quickly your visa will be processed once the medical is submitted - hopefully someone more experienced will help you with that. Good luck with your application!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

We were from Leeds but it was a lot cheaper to have our medicals done in Huddersfield, if there are a few panel doctors within an decent travelling distance then shop around, we saved about £100 - £200 for a family of 4.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 9:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tellyaddict
We were from Leeds but it was a lot cheaper to have our medicals done in Huddersfield, if there are a few panel doctors within an decent travelling distance then shop around, we saved about £100 - £200 for a family of 4.
Not any more. There's only about six covering the whole country now.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Derm is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the info
Old Dec 15th 2010, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Willi79 will become famous soon enough

Myself my fiance and our 2 month old son had our meds done 29/11/10 at the panel doc listed in Manchester.
Medical/blood tests plus chest x-ray for myself and fiance and just medical for our son came to £700.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

hellsbells712 is on a distinguished road

We did our medicals in Manchester just last Thursday. Very efficient, friendly, professional and child friendly. My 4 and 6 year old loved Dr. Million. 4 year old cried because we had to leave. They were still talking about Dr. Million 2 days later.
Bribery did help, Dr. Million had sweets and chocolate and toys for them to play with.
Already 3 out of 4 of us had meds finalised today. Just waiting on cardiology report for 6 year old, but should be no prob. Previous murmur. He actually gave us option of getting up to date letter or go ahead and proceed and leave it up to DIAC. Took 1st option obviously. Letter faxed today

Advice for people - If you have an existing condition or in the last 10 years make sure you bring with you a contemporary "up to date" letter, stating diagnosis, treatment-past, present and if any required in the future

Cost for 2 adults, 2 kids - £700, which included all 4 meds, bloods- all for me as I am a nurse, HIV test for OH, XRAYS FOR BOTH OF US.
Highly recommend Manchester.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Okavango is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all. How soon after returning your medicals have people been experiencing grant of a visa?
Old Dec 16th 2010, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

sooperlids is on a distinguished road

Thanks all. How soon after returning your medicals have people been experiencing grant of a visa?
Ours was just under a month. Some are shorter some are longer though.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

wayne and tegan is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you mean any probs in the past ? i broke my elbow 17 years ago but never had any probs since oh and i was born with a curve in the lower spine but it has never caused me any problems , im active and have worked all my life ...dam hard i might add and had no thanks from british government...which is why i want to pay taxes to a government that seems to care.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 9:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wayne and tegan
What do you mean any probs in the past ? i broke my elbow 17 years ago but never had any probs since oh and i was born with a curve in the lower spine but it has never caused me any problems , im active and have worked all my life ...dam hard i might add and had no thanks from british government...which is why i want to pay taxes to a government that seems to care.
It's off topic to the thread but I'm at a loss as to why you think the British Government would thank you for working hard. I would assume you were working for your personal lifestyle, not for the Government free of charge.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 10:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It's off topic to the thread but I'm at a loss as to why you think the British Government would thank you for working hard. I would assume you were working for your personal lifestyle, not for the Government free of charge.
or indeed why the OP thinks the AUssie Govt would care either?

To the OP - you may be asked for any medical notes regarding the curvature of your spine, so it might be an idea to get a copy and take them with you
Old Dec 17th 2010, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

wayne and tegan is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry went off on one again... i have worked hard for myself and family it just seems the british government taxes us to death and gives nothing in return, on the other hand family and friends say it is better in Oz (not by a huge amount) but the taxation system and lifestyle conditions that go along with it are remarkably better than the UK.

as to the other issue on the spine , i have no notes on this issue it was just mentioned to me as i have grown older , where would i get such notes from? thanks.

PS as the thread also mentions police checks how far back do they go? 10 years?
Old Dec 17th 2010, 11:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

sorry went off on one again... i have worked hard for myself and family it just seems the british government taxes us to death and gives nothing in return, on the other hand family and friends say it is better in Oz (not by a huge amount) but the taxation system and lifestyle conditions that go along with it are remarkably better than the UK.

as to the other issue on the spine , i have no notes on this issue it was just mentioned to me as i have grown older , where would i get such notes from? thanks.

PS as the thread also mentions police checks how far back do they go? 10 years?
As far as I'm aware, they go back forever which is why you have to be brutally honest on your application form. Miss something out on that because you consider it ancient and unimportant history and then it shows up on your PCC would ring alarm bells at DIAC.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 1:33 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

sorry went off on one again... i have worked hard for myself and family it just seems the british government taxes us to death and gives nothing in return,
Que? Have you forgotten about your NHS, unemployment payments, statutory maternity pay, pension schemes, housing benefits, etc? http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...port/index.htm Seems a real shame that the poor UK taxpayer gets nothing for his hard work.

Do you honestly believe you'll get more living in Australia? I think you are deluding yourself there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.