Medical

Old Dec 1st 2002, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

tanderra will become famous soon enough
Default Medical

I'm about to request the medical forms so that we have them early.
But my question is, in Canada is it only named doctors by Australia House that have permission to complete the medicals. Or can my local GP do the medical for me. Someone told me that it had to be a named doctor, and they were in Ottawa,(I'll go there if I have to, but my local doctor would be easier)

Thanks
Old Dec 1st 2002, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical

Originally posted by tanderra
But my question is, in Canada is it only named doctors by Australia House that have permission to complete the medicals. Or can my local GP do the medical for me. Someone told me that it had to be a named doctor, and they were in Ottawa,(I'll go there if I have to, but my local doctor would be easier)

Thanks
Hi there,

Can't really comment on Canada but here in the UK it has to be named Doctors that carry out the medical.

Regards

Ginny
Old Dec 1st 2002, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

a_student is an unknown quantity at this point

It had to be a named doctor, ask Australian consulate for list,

Thanks
Old Dec 2nd 2002, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Nina is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Hi Tanderra,

This is the adress that www.immi.gov.au gives for the panel of doctors in Canada.

www.ahc-ottawa.org/visa/paneldoc.html

Good luck,
Nina