Mechanical Engineering CDR

Old Feb 14th 2009, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

badguy82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mechanical Engineering CDR

Originally Posted by dcx01
Hi Hoolio1972,

Today, I have received my skills recognition letter from IEAust. It states the following:

"I am pleased to advise that the competencies you have demonstrated taken in conjunction with your qualifications from Fachhochschule xxx awarded in xxx have been assessed as meeting the current academic requirement for standing as a Professional Engineer in Australia.

The appropriate occupational classification in your case for migration purposes is Production Engineer ASCO 2126-13."

To me, it seems that the codings "professional", "technologist" and "associate" depend primarily on the educational background, while the ASCO code is more about the experience.

Anyway, I have immediately lauched my application for state sponsorship today and hope that this will be as easy to obtain as it looks like ...

Regards

dcx01

Hi DCX01...congrats on your successful application. I've decided to apply for the similar PR and trying to figure out how to write the CDR. Would be very grateful if you can share your successful CDR with me. It will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot.

Br// Anan
Old Feb 14th 2009, 7:36 pm
Adventure sorted

Location: Norn Iron ... Brisbane, and now off to Melbourne East
Hoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant future

Hi folks, after a few delays I submitted my CDR for review as a mech Eng last week. (what a hell of a lot of work! and what a relief to get the whole lot one)

I'll keep you posted as to the outcome, hopefully sooner rather than later!!!

Cheers Hoolio
Old Feb 16th 2009, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

dcx01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hoolio1972
Hi folks, after a few delays I submitted my CDR for review as a mech Eng last week. (what a hell of a lot of work! and what a relief to get the whole lot one)

I'll keep you posted as to the outcome, hopefully sooner rather than later!!!

Cheers Hoolio
Hi Hoolio1972,

Congrats!! Yes, it's hard work but worth doing it. Keep fingers x-ed that you receive skills recognition soon.
Meanwhile, things have moved forward. I have already a CO assigned after having applied for skilled sponsored subclass 176 in Nov last year. Just finished medicals last week ... so hopefully just a few weeks to go until final decision ...

Cheers

dcx01
Old Feb 16th 2009, 9:16 pm
Adventure sorted

Hoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Mechanical Engineering CDR

Thats fantastic news, Did you just go ahead and get medicals, or where you advised by CO? seems super fast progress.

Hopefully I'll not be too far behind you.
I was going to aim for a 175, but considering changing to 176 spons - as they have higher prioritys and I then should be on the CSL & MODL.
Im heading for EA, Brisbane.

Keep me posted with your progess, its a glimmer of light for me and the family . . . in a mirky uk!

Hoolio
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:48 am
Just Joined

Hey Hoolio,

After submittal of my application for subclass 176 in Nov 2008 I was expecting to get a CO assigned by approx. mid 2009. With change of priorities by DIAC, the CO was already assigned by 03 Feb 09 who advised us to provide medicals and police records. Much quicker than expected!! Generally, you have to provide the requested documents within 4 weeks but with some good reasons, you may ask for extension.
Changing from 175 to 176 may speed up the process, but you will be required to live & work in the sponsoring state for at least 2 years. If this is no problem for you just go ahead and keep us posted, okay! Good luck

dcx01
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 9:16 pm
Adventure sorted

Smile Re: Mechanical Engineering CDR Success 2126-11

8 weeks and 2 days, and the letter arrived, Professional Engineer and the classification I was after.

State Spons application sent off for Queensland and now awaiting that tick to plough on.

Met with the DIAC who were in Belfast last week and they were very helpful. So got an accurate overview of the Australian economy and migration expectations. A much brighter picture than the media.

Meantime preparing the final Visa application and also the next mammoth document to register as an engineer in Queensland . . . more paperwork!

Happy days though!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Hi Hoolio1972,

CONGRATULATIONS! Good luck with the state sonsorship - they were very quick last year - don't know how the processing times are in QLD since beginning of 2009. Concerning registration as a professional engineer, I have received the following from IEAust which may be helpful for you:

"Registration as a professional engineer in Queensland is a two part process. Applicants must first have their qualifications and competencies assessed as satisfactory by an approved assessment entity. They may then apply to the Board of Professional Engineers Queensland, with that satisfactory assessment.
Engineers Australia (EA) has been appointed as an assessment entity to assess the qualifications and competencies of professional engineers wishing to become registered as professional engineers in Queensland in certain areas of practice. Each assessment entity is only able to assess applications in the areas of practice for which they have been approved. The areas of practice for which Engineers Australia have been approved are listed on page 5 of the EA Approved Assessment Scheme document and descriptions of the professional engineering services applicable to those areas of practice are given on pages 19 to 22 of the document.
Broad information about the new co-regulatory approach to registration in Queensland, a copy of the Engineers Australia approved Assessment Scheme document, and the Engineer’s Australia application form for assessment of qualifications and competencies in the areas of practice for which it is approved, is available from www.nerb.org.au >go to the RPEQ button on the righthand side.
If you wish to have your qualifications and competencies assessed you should complete the form in full, attaching all relevant information, including evidence relating to your Migration Skills Assessment, a verified Engineering Practice Report and record of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) undertaken over the last three years, details of which are provided with the application form. The completed form should be submitted it to Engineers Australia Queensland Division, at the address shown on the form."

I have meanwhile received the grant letter on March 13 and we're now in preparation for leaving, currently scheduled for sometime in November. So much to consider and think about - but great feeling just knowing that the dream will now become real!!!

Good luck for your next steps!!

Cheers

dcx01
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Ouchh is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Experts,

Any mechanical engineer doing sales jobs (Sales Engineer/Sales Manager of Mechanical Products like Engines/Pumps/Generators) will be assessed as MECHANICAL ENGINEER BY Engineer Australia. Please comment.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:55 pm
Adventure sorted

To be honest Im not sure.
I found the MSA team at EA very helpful
Try emailing them directly.

Good luck
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:05 pm
Adventure sorted

Default Re: Mechanical Engineering - Queensland registration

Hi, many thanks.

After allot of printing forms and a few emails I can see what to do! Easy enough just time consuming. Its unfortunate that you need this before you can apply / start a job in queensland.

Essentially complete EA stage 2 competency assessment $550, section 5D
which if successful you can also become member of NPER and a Chartered Engineer at the same time, section 9 (not 100% sure of costs)

After you get this, simply fill in the BPEQ form, at $210. And thats it.

Im also going to register my PRINCE2 with the AIPM. May be helpful with job searching.

Have you done the formal registration or job searches yet?

Keep me posted on your fantastic count down & journey, its a bright light at the end of the tunnel for me and my family,

Cheers P

Hi Hoolio1972,

CONGRATULATIONS! Good luck with the state sonsorship - they were very quick last year - don't know how the processing times are in QLD since beginning of 2009. Concerning registration as a professional engineer, I have received the following from IEAust which may be helpful for you:

"Registration as a professional engineer in Queensland is a two part process. Applicants must first have their qualifications and competencies assessed as satisfactory by an approved assessment entity. They may then apply to the Board of Professional Engineers Queensland, with that satisfactory assessment.
Engineers Australia (EA) has been appointed as an assessment entity to assess the qualifications and competencies of professional engineers wishing to become registered as professional engineers in Queensland in certain areas of practice. Each assessment entity is only able to assess applications in the areas of practice for which they have been approved. The areas of practice for which Engineers Australia have been approved are listed on page 5 of the EA Approved Assessment Scheme document and descriptions of the professional engineering services applicable to those areas of practice are given on pages 19 to 22 of the document.
Broad information about the new co-regulatory approach to registration in Queensland, a copy of the Engineers Australia approved Assessment Scheme document, and the Engineer’s Australia application form for assessment of qualifications and competencies in the areas of practice for which it is approved, is available from www.nerb.org.au >go to the RPEQ button on the righthand side.
If you wish to have your qualifications and competencies assessed you should complete the form in full, attaching all relevant information, including evidence relating to your Migration Skills Assessment, a verified Engineering Practice Report and record of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) undertaken over the last three years, details of which are provided with the application form. The completed form should be submitted it to Engineers Australia Queensland Division, at the address shown on the form."

I have meanwhile received the grant letter on March 13 and we're now in preparation for leaving, currently scheduled for sometime in November. So much to consider and think about - but great feeling just knowing that the dream will now become real!!!

Good luck for your next steps!!

Cheers

dcx01
Old Nov 6th 2009, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Kersche is an unknown quantity at this point

hello Everyone,

Im from Germany and i found this page here by chance.
In germany Im an industrial engineer and a master of Science.
Me and my boyfriend wanna immigrate to australia. but at the moment if you are not on the critical skills list the waiting time for the general skilled migration visum is 3 years.
Now we want to try that EA accepts me as a me mechanical engineer.
During my studies I had more technical subjects. And Im working in the company of my parents. we produce parts of stainless steels on CNC-machines. So I can write in my CDR what I want.
Buw im not sure what to write.
Are these reports more important or studies?
And what is a production and plant engineer? I dont know these occupations in germany?
Can anyone help me? Thanks,
Karin
Old Nov 6th 2009, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kersche
hello Everyone,

Im from Germany and i found this page here by chance.
In germany Im an industrial engineer and a master of Science.
Me and my boyfriend wanna immigrate to australia. but at the moment if you are not on the critical skills list the waiting time for the general skilled migration visum is 3 years.
Now we want to try that EA accepts me as a me mechanical engineer.
During my studies I had more technical subjects. And Im working in the company of my parents. we produce parts of stainless steels on CNC-machines. So I can write in my CDR what I want.
Buw im not sure what to write.
Are these reports more important or studies?
And what is a production and plant engineer? I dont know these occupations in germany?
Can anyone help me? Thanks,
Karin
Hi Karin,

you can find all the details about what EA is expecting from you to be accepted as a professional engineer on their website. Most important is the work experience you provide with the 3 career episodes as this is what is being reviewed in detail. Even though I have been approved to be a Production or Plant Engineer, I still couldn't tell what the equivalent would be in Germany. My recommendation is to write your CEs and to demonstrate as much as possible your technical experience. Shouldn't be an issue with your background ...
Good luck and do not underestimate the effort ... it takes a while to write the episodes and to complete the summary statement inl. the reference to the CE paragraphs.

Cheers

dcx01
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

rishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to all

Hi all,

I found here some applied for 2126-11 (Mechanical Engineer) but EA nominated his occupation as plant or Industrial Engineer (2126-13).

So, if your graduation degree from Mechanical Engineer, even EA can nominate him to 2126-13??

I think they nominate 2126-13 only those who finished their graduation in Industrial/production Engineering but applied for Mechanical Engineering.

m I right??
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rishadsky
Hi all,

I found here some applied for 2126-11 (Mechanical Engineer) but EA nominated his occupation as plant or Industrial Engineer (2126-13).

So, if your graduation degree from Mechanical Engineer, even EA can nominate him to 2126-13??

I think they nominate 2126-13 only those who finished their graduation in Industrial/production Engineering but applied for Mechanical Engineering.

m I right??
@ rishadsky

EA doesn't care too much about in which field you have graduated. Much more important is to demonstrate your work experience within the past years. And this is why writing the CEs is so essential! Being graduated as a German Mechanical Engineer (Maschinenbauingenieur), I have applied for 2126-11 and was approved as 2126-13 - simply based on my CEs.

Cheers

dcx01
Old Nov 7th 2009, 8:08 am
Adventure sorted

@ rishadsky

EA doesn't care too much about in which field you have graduated. Much more important is to demonstrate your work experience within the past years. And this is why writing the CEs is so essential! Being graduated as a German Mechanical Engineer (Maschinenbauingenieur), I have applied for 2126-11 and was approved as 2126-13 - simply based on my CEs.

Cheers

dcx01
Yip, dcx01 is 100% correct in my opinion.

Its all down to what your CE say. After writing them, some careful 'tuning' may be required to help them be more applicable to the code you would like. . . .

Good luck, its a big hurdle. But once you get it under your belt, its a big relief.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.