Mechanical Engineering CDR

Old May 24th 2008, 12:34 am
Just Joined

Afshin is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Mechanical Engineering CDR

Hi all,

I am helping a friend who is applying for immigration; he needs help for preparing his CDR and is happy to pay for it....... any advice? Does anyone know any person or firm providing such assisstance?
Old May 24th 2008, 4:44 am
Just Joined

ebrij is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Mechanical Engineering CDR

Originally Posted by Afshin
Hi all,

I am helping a friend who is applying for immigration; he needs help for preparing his CDR and is happy to pay for it....... any advice? Does anyone know any person or firm providing such assisstance?

i can help you in this..........
i am also mechanical engineer and i have my PR Visa.....
Old May 24th 2008, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Afshin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mechanical Engineering CDR

Originally Posted by ebrij
hi ebrij,

could you please advise regarding this, you can PM me if you wish. Thanks bunches.

afshin

Last edited by WS; May 24th 2008 at 11:19 am. Reason: Please don't post email address, use PM.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:56 am
Just Joined

dcx01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ebrij
Hi ebrij,

someone at http://www.australien-forum.de told me about this thread and I would be more than glad if you could provide me your Mechanical Engineering CDR as well. Background is that I have received a disapproval from EA for Mechanical Engineer and a recommendation to accept an assessment as Production Engineer or Industrial Engineer. But I need the Mechanical Engineer wich is the only occupation on the current MODL (my goal is to apply for a skilled independent visa, sublass 175). My intention is to resubmit my CDR after appropriate adjustment in order to convice EA to approve my as Mechanical Engineer.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards

dcx01
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

suzyB is on a distinguished road

Sorry to be nosey... but what is a CDR? my husband has an apprenticeship certificate that states he is a Mechanical Engineer, but when we spoke to an agent he suggested we try as a Metal machinist, as this seemed to be what was covered in the apprenticeship.

Suz
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by suzyB
Sorry to be nosey... but what is a CDR? my husband has an apprenticeship certificate that states he is a Mechanical Engineer, but when we spoke to an agent he suggested we try as a Metal machinist, as this seemed to be what was covered in the apprenticeship.

Suz
Hi Suz,

a CDR is a Competency Demonstration Report which is required for all who are not covered by either the Washington Accord or the Sydney Accord. I am from Germany so there is no other way for getting my degree in mechnical engineering approved than assessment of the CDR by Engineers Australia. I do have an apprenticeship as a toolmaker as well, but I have never worked as a toolmaker - which would be essential if I would try to collect sufficient points for skilled independent migration (subclass 175).

Regards

dcx01
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:40 pm
Adventure sorted

Location: Norn Iron ... Brisbane, and now off to Melbourne East
Hoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Mechanical Engineering CDR

Hi there, how did you get on.

Im just starting to pull my CDR together . . . just need to get into a creative zone!

Im a Project Manager from Mechanical engineering background - so trying to ensure I get max points for imigration prospect.

Good luck any advise appreciated
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:24 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by suzyB

Suz
This thread really isn't applicable to you then. To be assessed with Engineers Australia you need to have an engineering degree from a University. What your husband has is completely different and in the UK it might be called Mechanical Engineer but in Australia and Canada as well the title engineer is strictly reserved for those that have an engineering degree at University. I'm sure lots of other countries are similar.

Anyhow, your agent is probably right about the different name in occupation.

For engineers a CDR is only needed if your university is not covered under the Washington or Sydney Accord.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:13 am
Just Joined

I totally agree to comet 555. But Hoolio1972 has not said that he is not in possesion of a degree, has he? In my case, I have meanwhile decided to go ahead with accepting an assessment outcome as a Production Engineer 2126-13, apply for QLD sponsorship and then under sunclass 176. Seem to be the most suitable option for me.

Regards

dcx01

Originally Posted by comet555
This thread really isn't applicable to you then. To be assessed with Engineers Australia you need to have an engineering degree from a University. What your husband has is completely different and in the UK it might be called Mechanical Engineer but in Australia and Canada as well the title engineer is strictly reserved for those that have an engineering degree at University. I'm sure lots of other countries are similar.

Anyhow, your agent is probably right about the different name in occupation.

For engineers a CDR is only needed if your university is not covered under the Washington or Sydney Accord.
Originally Posted by Hoolio1972
Hi there, how did you get on.

Im just starting to pull my CDR together . . . just need to get into a creative zone!

Im a Project Manager from Mechanical engineering background - so trying to ensure I get max points for imigration prospect.

Good luck any advise appreciated
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:13 pm
Adventure sorted

Hoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant future
Question Re: Mechanical Engineering CDR

Yip, I have a degree in Mech Eng, and 2 postgrad diplomas in mechanical engineering disciplines. My degree isnt on the list hence Im building the CDR.

Im having a bit of trouble getting university transcript copys - I can only assume i binned the originals a long time ago. Does anyone knwo how to get round this? what else is exceptable?

Also strougling on what detail not to include in the career episodes, etc. need to make sure i get the 2126-11 code or I'll not have enough points!
(being old!)

Cheers
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

I assume you have already had a deep look into IEAust's skills assessment booklet? I have failed to receive approval for 2126-11 because I have provided "insufficient engineering detail". Whatever that means ...

Yip, I have a degree in Mech Eng, and 2 postgrad diplomas in mechanical engineering disciplines. My degree isnt on the list hence Im building the CDR.

Im having a bit of trouble getting university transcript copys - I can only assume i binned the originals a long time ago. Does anyone knwo how to get round this? what else is exceptable?

Also strougling on what detail not to include in the career episodes, etc. need to make sure i get the 2126-11 code or I'll not have enough points!
(being old!)

Cheers
Old Oct 10th 2008, 5:25 pm
Adventure sorted

Question Re: Mechanical Engineering CDR

Yip Ive had a good read, exciting stuff . .Not.

I have plenty of experience, although Id still be concerned about getting a comment like you have had.

I still dont fully understand how the terms professional engineer, engineering technologist and engineering associate are applied to the 2126-11 or other codings. Do they all get 60 points?

What did you come out with?
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

I'd recommend to apply for professional, it's the 'worthiest', and with so much experience you shouldn't have any difficulties. 60 points will be granted from the DIAC as long as you receive recognition under 2126-11.
I am still waiting for the letter from IEAust, which should arrive within the next few days. I'll let you know what exactly is stated!

Yip Ive had a good read, exciting stuff . .Not.

I have plenty of experience, although Id still be concerned about getting a comment like you have had.

I still dont fully understand how the terms professional engineer, engineering technologist and engineering associate are applied to the 2126-11 or other codings. Do they all get 60 points?

What did you come out with?
Old Oct 11th 2008, 8:35 am
Adventure sorted

Thumbs up Re: Mechanical Engineering CDR

thanks. I look forward to hearing whats in your letter. meantime I'll get my head down and get writing.

Originally Posted by dcx01
I'd recommend to apply for professional, it's the 'worthiest', and with so much experience you shouldn't have any difficulties. 60 points will be granted from the DIAC as long as you receive recognition under 2126-11.
I am still waiting for the letter from IEAust, which should arrive within the next few days. I'll let you know what exactly is stated!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Hi Hoolio1972,

Today, I have received my skills recognition letter from IEAust. It states the following:

"I am pleased to advise that the competencies you have demonstrated taken in conjunction with your qualifications from Fachhochschule xxx awarded in xxx have been assessed as meeting the current academic requirement for standing as a Professional Engineer in Australia.

The appropriate occupational classification in your case for migration purposes is Production Engineer ASCO 2126-13."

To me, it seems that the codings "professional", "technologist" and "associate" depend primarily on the educational background, while the ASCO code is more about the experience.

Anyway, I have immediately lauched my application for state sponsorship today and hope that this will be as easy to obtain as it looks like ...

Regards

dcx01

thanks. I look forward to hearing whats in your letter. meantime I'll get my head down and get writing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.