MAY 2010 VISA APPLICANTS

Old May 25th 2010, 9:09 am
Just Joined

zeeguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MAY 2010 VISA APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by jonese19
Hi Everyone !
Been looking at the previous threads from April 2010 and thought I'd start this one for us May folks!

We lodged our Partner (Temporary) Visa (Class UK, Subclass 820) and a Partner (Residence) Visa (Class BS, Subclass 801) on 17th May 2010!! at the Brisbane office.

We received our acknowledgment e mail on the 19th May 2010 and I dropped off the police check today so that's it for our application fingers crossed unless the CO needs any additional info???

Love to hear from any other May Applicants
Can you please guid for how much duration police check is required like either from birth or last 10 years? Also do i need to have police check for my wife as well?
Old May 25th 2010, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

Sure is quiet in here?...Maybe that is a good thing? Anyway, GREAT START. Royal mail special delivery say that my application will be delivered to Australia House London before 1PM today, It actually arrived at 0830, which was 3 hours before i paid the money into my account, card declined! Excellent. They didn`t think to try again later but then why would they. Nevermind, at least I got my first email!

Explained that monies have been available since lunchtime and that I am ever so sorry for any inconvenience caused, and try try try again!!

Oops.
Old May 25th 2010, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mongobear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Timmyboy,

welcome to "The Club !". It's gonna be a very exclusive one since not many of us managed to apply for the common offshore visa before the 8th of May deadline.

What visa are you going for? Give us some details on your timeline please.

Cheerio and good luck to you !
Uli
Old May 25th 2010, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mongobear
Hey Timmyboy,

welcome to "The Club !". It's gonna be a very exclusive one since not many of us managed to apply for the common offshore visa before the 8th of May deadline.

What visa are you going for? Give us some details on your timeline please.

Cheerio and good luck to you !
Uli

Hello & Thank you!!

We applied yesterday, finally, but My Aussie Fiance is preggers so time is very much of the essence, wasn`t aware of a deadline! What does this mean? No one at the DIAC ever said anything about 8th May then I havn`t been in the forum for a while. I read something Polly said ( I think ) that they will just go onto July`s quota?

She is due in Early October, flying home in a few weeks ahead of me, If they don`t grant the visa by then, then we are rightly or wrongly banking on a holiday visa in the meantime with special consideration. A tad risky as I could miss the birth, but I am prepared for this as it means I can move home with Mum and Dad and save like crazy. In all honesty its the only way we can afford a new life as a family in Australia. Worse case scenario, they say no, she comes back and we have a decent amount of money and we can have a nice life here, then we`ll try again. But If I thought they were going to say no, i wouldn`t have just spent a Grand!

Visa Application landed at Diac Office today 25th May 2010

Subclass 309 and Subclass 100 Partner Offshore!
Old May 25th 2010, 11:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 7immyboy
Hello & Thank you!!

We applied yesterday, finally, but My Aussie Fiance is preggers so time is very much of the essence, wasn`t aware of a deadline! What does this mean? No one at the DIAC ever said anything about 8th May then I havn`t been in the forum for a while. I read something Polly said ( I think ) that they will just go onto July`s quota?

She is due in Early October, flying home in a few weeks ahead of me, If they don`t grant the visa by then, then we are rightly or wrongly banking on a holiday visa in the meantime with special consideration. A tad risky as I could miss the birth, but I am prepared for this as it means I can move home with Mum and Dad and save like crazy. In all honesty its the only way we can afford a new life as a family in Australia. Worse case scenario, they say no, she comes back and we have a decent amount of money and we can have a nice life here, then we`ll try again. But If I thought they were going to say no, i wouldn`t have just spent a Grand!

Visa Application landed at Diac Office today 25th May 2010

Subclass 309 and Subclass 100 Partner Offshore!
No idea what is meant by the 8th May deadline - there is no restriction on Partner Visas, especially offshore. Although there is a quota I have heard agents mention on here that this quota has never been filled, and even if it were the grant would just be held until the beginning of July.
As long as your relationship is genuine there is no reason for refusal, even if they come back initially and ask for more info, which they do at times.

Remember that quota rules and current restrictions on issuing visas are largely for skills visas - spouse visas are a very different animal

(answer to your pm coming up shortly when I've had my morning coffee )
Old May 26th 2010, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

Come on Polly, don't play possum. Talking about "common visa" I meant 175/176 (PR) and their temporary suspension until July. Indeed, this won't affect you Timmy.

Good luck for you and your family !
Uli

P.S.: Enjoy the silence before she's due and get some sleep. I had my last recreative sleep back in Oct 08
Old May 26th 2010, 5:54 am
Just Joined

zeeguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zeeguy
Can you please guid for how much duration police check is required like either from birth or last 10 years? Also do i need to have police check for my wife as well?
Anybody have informaion on this?
Old May 26th 2010, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Come on Polly, don't play possum. Talking about "common visa" I meant 175/176 (PR) and their temporary suspension until July. Indeed, this won't affect you Timmy.

Uli

P.S.: Enjoy the silence before she's due and get some sleep. I had my last recreative sleep back in Oct 08
Thanks mate ! LOL I am loving every second believe me!

Phew... I was getting a bit windy down there for a minute!

Work looms, must dash chat later gang!
Old May 26th 2010, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Police check is a bit of a strange one I have found. I have some history in this department which is mostly 15 years ago, because I did something equally silly 7 years ago and it is not yet "spent" the other minor offences show up also, even though they were spent long ago.

Your Acro certificate (assuming you are applying for UK) may well come back with "no live trace" If you have been a good boy, but you still must declare anything.

This check will go back as long as your arm.

I think, and I am not sure on this, is your wife an AU citizen? if so then she doesn`t need a police check UNLESS there are children involved OR she has lived in multiple countries for periods of time.

Old May 26th 2010, 9:19 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Uli

I guessed that was what was meant, however guesswork and immigration don't go together

Tim seemed to think that "May 8th" might apply to him. I have no idea how it affects skills visas, but I do know that there is no deadline for Spouse visas, which is what he is going for
Old May 26th 2010, 9:23 am
Home and Happy

Yep, DIAC webste

http://www.immi.gov.au/faq/general/general04.htm#q5
Old May 27th 2010, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

martynbaker will become famous soon enough

Hi Zeeguy,

When I applied for my police checks (rrom Sydney) my UK check came back in around 2 weeks as I paid the extra money for a speedy turnaround, my Australian police check took longer, around 4-5 weeks to arrive.

To play safe give them 2 months to respond.

Martyn
Old May 27th 2010, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

simba200720 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: MAY 2010 VISA APPLICANTS

I got the state approval on 6th May am I eligible to apply for the visa or not pls help
Old May 27th 2010, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Onshore you could, offshore you're lost. At least if you were intending to apply for a 176 / 175 / 475 Visa. These have been temporarily suspended until the new SOL comes into effect.

Originally Posted by simba200720
I got the state approval on 6th May am I eligible to apply for the visa or not pls help
Old May 28th 2010, 7:22 am
Just Joined

simba200720 is an unknown quantity at this point

Onshore you could, offshore you're lost. At least if you were intending to apply for a 176 / 175 / 475 Visa. These have been temporarily suspended until the new SOL comes into effect.
thanks for your reply

but i got onshore approval because i am data centre expert, but the strange thing is i got another state approval on 15 May and they are willing to take me under 176 i dont know what to say are they lost or they made me lost or they dont know abot the new SOL
what i am thinking to wait until July first week and see once thy open the visa processing
what is ur opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.