British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   MAY 2010 VISA APPLICANTS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/may-2010-visa-applicants-669022/)

Mongobear May 5th 2010 2:37 am

May 2010 Visa Applicants

Hi fellows,

I've finally made it and applied online for a WA-sponsored 176 today.

Surprisingly, I couldn't find a "May 2010 applicants" thread yet so I think it's up to me to create one. Here it is !

Good luck to everyone and feel free to post your questions and progress infos about your May applications here.

Cheers
Uli

martynbaker May 5th 2010 1:35 pm

Re: May 2010 Visa Applicants

Good luck Uli,

All going well, I'll be walking into Sydney Immigration in the morning to drop off my Defacto/Partner visa docs and money. Hopefully as I have had my police checks and medicals done this may speed things up a little.

Martyn

martynbaker May 6th 2010 2:17 pm

OMG:eek:, I have just been into Sydney Immigration and dropped off my spouse defacto visa, I don't think I have been that nervouse in my life. BUT it's now in the pipeline and a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. :rofl:

Now time to play the waiting game. AARRGGHHHHHH :eek:

Martyn :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Mongobear May 6th 2010 7:57 pm

Seems, this is going to become a short thread:

Immi just announced the temporary suspension of 175 / 176 / 475 visa as of 8th of May. So if you're application is ready to be lodged. Hurry up, you've got 6 hours !!!

Fact sheet

FAQ

You cannot imgaine how happy I am to have lodged 2 days ago

martynbaker May 6th 2010 11:31 pm

WOW, loks like they have reached the max number of visa applicants for this financial year

zeeguy May 10th 2010 9:16 pm

I logged my Online APP on 6th May. My APP status is not yet changed ... its

Application General Skilled Migration - EGNUREEKZ3
06/05/2010 Application received - processing commenced
06/05/2010 Application fee received

Should i go ahead for Medical as i have been reading that people are submitting the medicals right after applying.... i supose that it would fasten the process...May be,

Please advice axperts....

Regards
Zeeshan

Mongobear May 10th 2010 10:08 pm

Hi,

depends on you visa. Medicals are just valid for one year. So if you make them now and the process takes longer than that, you'll have to do (and pay) them again.

Cheers
Uli

zeeguy May 10th 2010 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by Mongobear (Post 8557485)
Hi,

depends on you visa. Medicals are just valid for one year. So if you make them now and the process takes longer than that, you'll have to do (and pay) them again.

Cheers
Uli

I APPLIED IN 175 WITH Linux. As we see from threads visas are being processed little fast, so i think we can go for medical before asked via letter.

AUPOST May 13th 2010 1:24 am

Applied 175 visa on 7th May 2010 (few hrs before suspension.)

ACS - CSL applicant.
Applied for VIC SS. Waiting for result.

martynbaker May 13th 2010 9:25 am

Originally Posted by zeeguy (Post 8557639)
I APPLIED IN 175 WITH Linux. As we see from threads visas are being processed little fast, so i think we can go for medical before asked via letter.

Unsure on processing times for 175's but with my partner visa I frontloaded everything including medicals and police checks, they are only valid for 12 months but the police checks could have taken up to 2 months to arrive so wanted to be safe.

jonese19 May 19th 2010 9:23 pm

MAY 2010 VISA APPLICANTS

Hi Everyone !
Been looking at the previous threads from April 2010 and thought I'd start this one for us May folks!

We lodged our Partner (Temporary) Visa (Class UK, Subclass 820) and a Partner (Residence) Visa (Class BS, Subclass 801) on 17th May 2010!! at the Brisbane office.

We received our acknowledgment e mail on the 19th May 2010 and I dropped off the police check today so that's it for our application fingers crossed unless the CO needs any additional info???

Love to hear from any other May Applicants
:D

Pollyana May 19th 2010 10:10 pm

Re: MAY 2010 VISA APPLICANTS

Threads merged :)

AUPOST May 21st 2010 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8578079)
Threads merged :)

VIC SS approved .Sent Form 1100 to DIAC,

Application status changed to ABPF.

7immyboy May 24th 2010 9:37 am

Originally Posted by AUPOST (Post 8582457)
VIC SS approved .Sent Form 1100 to DIAC,

Application status changed to ABPF.

Its In !! At last!! Partner 309 & 100....Months in the making but very happy with it overall. Its not all black and white but fingers crossed. Paper app, couriered to Australia House today. I was even a little sad to see our little black portfolio go, as it has been a permanent fixture in our lives for some time now. Nurtured from an empty black book into a huge collaboration of information and evidence. What will be will be. If I am refused, then I know I really did try my best :)

I read somebody`s very noble comment on here a while back and it stays with me, "At least we are trying which is better than sitting around moaning about England" Which in truth isn`t that bad, its just that Australia is better! or so I am told. Thanks I guess to those who have helped, (Polly, Bermuda, George ) You know who you are! See you on the other side!

Pollyana May 24th 2010 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by 7immyboy (Post 8587195)
Its In !! At last!! Partner 309 & 100....Months in the making but very happy with it overall. Its not all black and white but fingers crossed. Paper app, couriered to Australia House today. I was even a little sad to see our little black portfolio go, as it has been a permanent fixture in our lives for some time now. Nurtured from an empty black book into a huge collaboration of information and evidence. What will be will be. If I am refused, then I know I really did try my best :)

I read somebody`s very noble comment on here a while back and it stays with me, "At least we are trying which is better than sitting around moaning about England" Which in truth isn`t that bad, its just that Australia is better! or so I am told. Thanks I guess to those who have helped, (Polly, Bermuda, George ) You know who you are! See you on the other side!

Good luck :)