British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   May 2009 Visa Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/may-2009-visa-applicants-608928/)

mohodhaka Oct 14th 2009 9:01 am

Re: May 2009 Visa Applicants

Originally Posted by intellect20 (Post 8015052)
Hi mohodhaka,

Although I have filled the online form for character assessment the time I havd lodged my application but my CO contacted me to fill Form 80 and submit.

So I suggest you to fill form 80 and submit to DIAC as I assume you had not done this before.

Oh, thanks for for your kind advice. and it helped me a lot.
I was assuming the form 1221.

anyway, thanks once again.

sdeveloper Oct 14th 2009 10:24 am

Originally Posted by shaz36 (Post 7999528)
Hi May applicants,
Just to let you know I got my visa granted today! I am a 9th May applicant, and since I got a CO on 29/9 everything moved so fast. I had applied for my pcc's start of Sept, and booked meds then too so when I got the CO, I had uploaded my pcc's and sent meds on 2/10, they were finalised yesterday and visa granted today!

The case officer must be working overtime, as I checked it earlier and saw nothing then checked again and saw it, which would be about 7pm their time.

Hope it gives hope to everyone that they're moving fast now on CSL applications. That was just under 5 months from application.

Good luck everyone,

Shaz

So many Congrats!!!
From which country you applied?

I am going bit slow, booked MEds now, and will be done after a week from now.

shaz36 Oct 14th 2009 10:34 am

Originally Posted by sdeveloper (Post 8015320)
So many Congrats!!!
From which country you applied?

I am going bit slow, booked MEds now, and will be done after a week from now.

Hi sdeveloper,
I am in the UK.

Good luck, might not be too long for you,

Shaz

xuberant Oct 14th 2009 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by mohodhaka (Post 8014980)
Ofcourse there is an option to upload change in circumstances form. You can upload any document in the category "Others" and give a proper description regarding that document.

Then, if you wish to, you can send a PLE saying that you have uploaded a document to the application regarding the change. but, in my case, i didnt send any PLE. and it worked fine.

I just checked that in GSM 175 application there was no information asked regarding the telephone numbers of current and previous employers. Also in form 1221, which i submitted after my application, only the address of all employers was asked and no telephone number was mentioned there. In the employer reference letters which i uploaded, there was mobile number mentioned for further contact which is still valid. However, in company letter head the old telephone numbers are specified.

Now should i sent the Change of Circumstances form for new telephone numbers or should i wait for any reply from CO?

cachiph Oct 14th 2009 6:03 pm

Hi all,
I can't see the updated list.. can any body upload the updated list..

Regards,

mohodhaka Oct 14th 2009 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by xuberant (Post 8016293)
I just checked that in GSM 175 application there was no information asked regarding the telephone numbers of current and previous employers. Also in form 1221, which i submitted after my application, only the address of all employers was asked and no telephone number was mentioned there. In the employer reference letters which i uploaded, there was mobile number mentioned for further contact which is still valid. However, in company letter head the old telephone numbers are specified.

Now should i sent the Change of Circumstances form for new telephone numbers or should i wait for any reply from CO?

though changing employer contact number shouldnt be a matter, but for the applicants HR countries, COs might be suspicious and motivated in wrong direction!
i would say, u better upload a 1022 form. It may not be useful for them but you will be safe and obviously harmless!

xuberant Oct 15th 2009 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by mohodhaka (Post 8016769)
though changing employer contact number shouldnt be a matter, but for the applicants HR countries, COs might be suspicious and motivated in wrong direction!
i would say, u better upload a 1022 form. It may not be useful for them but you will be safe and obviously harmless!

I just uploaded the 1022 form. I still haven't got any email from CO. Its been already 3 days since the status of my documents was updated.

Bermudashorts Oct 15th 2009 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by xuberant (Post 8018738)
I just uploaded the 1022 form. I still haven't got any email from CO. Its been already 3 days since the status of my documents was updated.

Why do you think uploading Form 1022 would make your CO contact you? :confused:

If your CO needs something from you they will contact you, they are not going to contact you to say thanks for the Form 1022. ;)

intellect20 Oct 15th 2009 4:13 pm

:) he does not mean so. He was just saying that CO did not contact him.

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8019039)

If your CO needs something from you they will contact you, they are not going to contact you to say thanks for the Form 1022. ;)

xuberant Oct 16th 2009 1:37 am

If you have been following then you would have known that these were two different things which i have said in different contextes.

1) First thing was that I uploaded 1022 form because there was change in circumstances. The landline telephone area code of my city is updated by the telecommunication company which resulted in change in my home telephone number and also in my current employer's telephone numbers.

2) Second thing was that the online status of one of my document is shown "Requested" whereas i havent received any email from CO in which i was asked to provide any further documents.

I hope u r not confused now.

mohodhaka Oct 16th 2009 7:06 am

ha ha ha.. the last line is so funny!

u should read all posts regarding to which u gonna reply! :o

mpgrewal Oct 16th 2009 8:30 am

Originally Posted by xuberant (Post 8018738)

If they are uploaded correctly, you can take it for granted that your records have been updated. Many times CO don't update the "Requested", "Received" status.

Bermuda is correct. Officers are too busy to send you acknowledgements for each of your action.. If you have any doubt, PLE is always at your disposal.

javedmin74 Oct 17th 2009 6:27 am

Question is still there, as i previoulsy asked the IOM for medical appointment and according to them they need a specific letter or email from "Case Officer" or "DIAC" for appointment to conduct medical. I have seen many people here on fourms who have managed the medical without assignment of CO. Kindly guide me. My contact No. is 03215861469.

For all applicants from Paksistn "IOM the panel doctor in Pakistan are closed till furhter notice". is it correct ??

I shall be thankful for any help in this regard.

khdmah Oct 17th 2009 7:22 am

Hi Javed,

Different countries had different procedure of medicals ..... So dont compare with others
Secondly, Yes you need a email or letter which CO sent to you as request for medical to submit and that one you had to submit to IOM office as proof that you need to undergo for medicals for specific visa which ever you had applied for

N from where you read this statement that

"For all applicants from Paksistn "IOM the panel doctor in Pakistan are closed till furhter notice"

As their is no like that statement on the DIAC website

Thanks

proximo Oct 17th 2009 8:21 am

Yes IOM is not closed. I've an appointment on Wednesday so how can it be closed?