Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

May 2008 - Skilled Independent 175 visa applied online

May 2008 - Skilled Independent 175 visa applied online

Old May 12th 2008, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

gemsrare is on a distinguished road
Default May 2008 - Skilled Independent 175 visa applied online

Hi,
We have applied for 175 independent Visa online on 06/May/2008.

I have a MODL in J2EE and have uploaded the following documents.

1)Birth certificate for Self/Spouse/Son
2)Degree Certificate of Self
3)IELTS certificate of Self/Spouse
4)Marriage Certificate
5)ACS Skill assesment letter
6)Employer reference letter submitted for ACS
7)Passport copies.

I have few queries

1)There are 2 documents
Evidence of 'Specific Work Experience'
Evidence of work experience

What is the difference in these two?

I have uploaded the same document which i had submitted for ACS for skill assesment.This letter is dated Aug 2007 from my current employer.Do i need to get/upload a new letter with current date though i am with the same employer.

2)Apart from these documents do i need to complete and upload the medical clearance and Police clearance certificate now itself or should i wait to hear from DIMIA(case officer).

3)Do i need to uplaod any other documents/pdf forms?

4)When can i expect the Visa decission?

Thanks
Gems
Old May 12th 2008, 5:04 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: May 2008 - Skilled Independent 175 visa applied online

Originally Posted by gemsrare
1)There are 2 documents
Evidence of 'Specific Work Experience'
Evidence of work experience

What is the difference in these two?

I have uploaded the same document which i had submitted for ACS for skill assesment.This letter is dated Aug 2007 from my current employer.Do i need to get/upload a new letter with current date though i am with the same employer.

2)Apart from these documents do i need to complete and upload the medical clearance and Police clearance certificate now itself or should i wait to hear from DIMIA(case officer).

3)Do i need to uplaod any other documents/pdf forms?

4)When can i expect the Visa decission?

Thanks
Gems
re. 1: Evidence of work experience (aka recent work experience) is to show that you have been employed for 12 out of recent 24 months in any occupation on the SOL. This is the basic requirement and gains no points, but if it is not met, your application is invalid

Specific work experience is to show that you have been employed for 3 out of 4 years and gives you points in a following way:
* working in nominated /closely related occupation - 10 points, only if your occupation is worth 60 points in its own right
* any other occupation on SOL - 5 points.

Your reference letter that you submitted to ACS is the main piece of evidence , and if that covers more than 3 years (must be more, ACS wants to see 4 as a minimum) then you satisfy both basic (recent) and specific requirements.

NO need to upload same thing twice though.

re. 2: PCCs have 12 months shelf life, medicals can be good for normally 12 months, or, if there are some health problems, then they are only good for 6 months. You can do the police certificates and upload the scans, because they are cheap but take time to get. As far as medicals, it is best to time it so that the result will be available close to the CO assignment - check the timelines on the beupdate.co.uk and work out the dates. Then you maximize the validity period, if you do them too early then you will have less time to validate your visa in the end. Btw, you never send any medical results yourself, your doctor does that.

re. 3: Some people get Form 80 requested, some don't. You can do that and attach it to the application. Perhaps there may be something else, your CO will tell you.

re. 4: see the beupdate.co.uk and try to work it out. Noone here can answer this.