Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

March 136 application - they want our money!!

March 136 application - they want our money!!

Old Jan 6th 2005, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default March 136 application - they want our money!!

Well, after all that to-ing and fro-ing of lost police checks in Adelaide (cue me flapping about 23rd December to get replacements, then husband's arriving and not mine............then me getting nothing at the start of this week...........then one arrived yesterday.............I Fedex them straight away..............then I get 2 MORE in the post today!!) The Agent calls me to sat the original police checks have been found, and a letter requesting our bond has been posted.

OK so this would sound good if it wasn't for my lack of faith in the postal service.

How long are we looking at now before we catually get to send (I shall Fedex) our Passports to Australia House?

Thanks all.

Any other people with news?
Old Jan 6th 2005, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough
Default Re: March 136 application - they want our money!!

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Well, after all that to-ing and fro-ing of lost police checks in Adelaide (cue me flapping about 23rd December to get replacements, then husband's arriving and not mine............then me getting nothing at the start of this week...........then one arrived yesterday.............I Fedex them straight away..............then I get 2 MORE in the post today!!) The Agent calls me to sat the original police checks have been found, and a letter requesting our bond has been posted.

OK so this would sound good if it wasn't for my lack of faith in the postal service.

How long are we looking at now before we catually get to send (I shall Fedex) our Passports to Australia House?

Thanks all.

Any other people with news?
check or time scale it might help?????
Old Jan 6th 2005, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JJL family
check or time scale it might help?????

sorry haven'yt updated it, passports have been sent off yesterday
Old Jan 6th 2005, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

sorry haven'yt updated it, passports have been sent off yesterday
Gosh that's quite a gap.

Our meds were sent September, PC's start of December.
They are trying to advance our application due to me being pregnant and not keen to ruin my changes of getting more Qantas Frequent Flyer points by going into labour on the plane. Aah, the Spirit of Australia!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unhappy Re: March 136 application - they want our money!!

Gosh that's quite a gap.

They are trying to advance our application due to me being pregnant and not keen to ruin my changes of getting more Qantas Frequent Flyer points by going into labour on the plane. Aah, the Spirit of Australia!

only just got the letter from our agent yesterday saying visas had been granted, but we already knew because the case officer e-mailed us to let us know..
is the gap your refering too about the $100.000 bond ? it s not that quick to set it up it takes a week or 2 and if the exchage rate is crap its better to leave for a few days in the hope it might get better unfortunatly for us it cost £42.368 5 days later it would have cost us £39.876 ish.

gutted i can tell you
Old Jan 6th 2005, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

only just got the letter from our agent yesterday saying visas had been granted, but we already knew because the case officer e-mailed us to let us know..
is the gap your refering too about the $100.000 bond ? it s not that quick to set it up it takes a week or 2 and if the exchage rate is crap its better to leave for a few days in the hope it might get better unfortunatly for us it cost £42.368 5 days later it would have cost us £39.876 ish.

gutted i can tell you
Hiya,
The remainder of our money - the $100K bond - is at HIFX waiting to be transferred. WE got 2.52 recently so were lucky. Cost about 39 and a bit.............

Got the Commonweatlh Bank Account Details through today also, so feeling quite organised. It won't last................!!
Old Jan 6th 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Talking Re: March 136 application - they want our money!!

Gosh that's quite a gap.

blimey, wish I was pregnant! Still not heard a thing
Good luck with everything
Tara