British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   March 136 application - they want our money!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/march-136-application-they-want-our-money-275715/)

Wave the Sails Jan 6th 2005 1:34 pm

March 136 application - they want our money!!

Well, after all that to-ing and fro-ing of lost police checks in Adelaide (cue me flapping about 23rd December to get replacements, then husband's arriving and not mine............then me getting nothing at the start of this week...........then one arrived yesterday.............I Fedex them straight away..............then I get 2 MORE in the post today!!) The Agent calls me to sat the original police checks have been found, and a letter requesting our bond has been posted.

OK so this would sound good if it wasn't for my lack of faith in the postal service.

How long are we looking at now before we catually get to send (I shall Fedex) our Passports to Australia House?

Thanks all.

Any other people with news?

JJL family Jan 6th 2005 1:48 pm

Re: March 136 application - they want our money!!

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Well, after all that to-ing and fro-ing of lost police checks in Adelaide (cue me flapping about 23rd December to get replacements, then husband's arriving and not mine............then me getting nothing at the start of this week...........then one arrived yesterday.............I Fedex them straight away..............then I get 2 MORE in the post today!!) The Agent calls me to sat the original police checks have been found, and a letter requesting our bond has been posted.

OK so this would sound good if it wasn't for my lack of faith in the postal service.

How long are we looking at now before we catually get to send (I shall Fedex) our Passports to Australia House?

Thanks all.

Any other people with news?

check or time scale it might help?????

JJL family Jan 6th 2005 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by JJL family
check or time scale it might help?????

sorry haven'yt updated it, passports have been sent off yesterday

Wave the Sails Jan 6th 2005 1:54 pm

sorry haven'yt updated it, passports have been sent off yesterday

Gosh that's quite a gap.

Our meds were sent September, PC's start of December.
They are trying to advance our application due to me being pregnant and not keen to ruin my changes of getting more Qantas Frequent Flyer points by going into labour on the plane. Aah, the Spirit of Australia!

JJL family Jan 6th 2005 2:05 pm

Gosh that's quite a gap.

They are trying to advance our application due to me being pregnant and not keen to ruin my changes of getting more Qantas Frequent Flyer points by going into labour on the plane. Aah, the Spirit of Australia!

only just got the letter from our agent yesterday saying visas had been granted, but we already knew because the case officer e-mailed us to let us know..
is the gap your refering too about the $100.000 bond ? it s not that quick to set it up it takes a week or 2 and if the exchage rate is crap its better to leave for a few days in the hope it might get better unfortunatly for us it cost £42.368 5 days later it would have cost us £39.876 ish.

gutted i can tell you

Wave the Sails Jan 6th 2005 2:24 pm

only just got the letter from our agent yesterday saying visas had been granted, but we already knew because the case officer e-mailed us to let us know..
is the gap your refering too about the $100.000 bond ? it s not that quick to set it up it takes a week or 2 and if the exchage rate is crap its better to leave for a few days in the hope it might get better unfortunatly for us it cost £42.368 5 days later it would have cost us £39.876 ish.

gutted i can tell you

Hiya,
The remainder of our money - the $100K bond - is at HIFX waiting to be transferred. WE got 2.52 recently so were lucky. Cost about 39 and a bit.............

Got the Commonweatlh Bank Account Details through today also, so feeling quite organised. It won't last................!!

ali south Jan 6th 2005 2:54 pm

Gosh that's quite a gap.

blimey, wish I was pregnant! Still not heard a thing
Good luck with everything
Tara