MARA Agent Recommendations

Old May 14th 2014, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

andrewajp002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question MARA Agent Recommendations

Afternoon all

Im starting the appliction process from scratch, and have been advised to use a MARA Agent. I know there is a list however has anyone on here had any good / bad experiences with any of these registered agents when applying to migrate to OZ?

Due to cost I would like to make sure where possible I can get a good agent first time

Many Thanks

Andrew
Old May 15th 2014, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Default Re: MARA Agent Recommendations

I have had 2 quotes so far from Mate Migration and Go Matilda, however one is much more expensive than the other.

Has anyone used either of these and if so had any good / bad experiences?
Old May 15th 2014, 11:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewajp002
I have had 2 quotes so far from Mate Migration and Go Matilda, however one is much more expensive than the other.

Has anyone used either of these and if so had any good / bad experiences?
Had advice in the past from Alan at Go Matilda, and he contributes a large amount of info to BE as well.
Old May 15th 2014, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Yeah I noticed, they seem to have lots to good reviews too, it was just they were at the top of the expense list of the ones ive checked.

However, Id rather pay the extra and get it right first time than pay less and have issues.
Old May 17th 2014, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Yeah I noticed, they seem to have lots to good reviews too, it was just they were at the top of the expense list of the ones ive checked.

However, Id rather pay the extra and get it right first time than pay less and have issues.
Old May 21st 2014, 9:18 am
Just Joined

I had a very long chat with Destination OZ (Mike Breen), seemed nice enough however not being MARA registered is a concern.

How big a deal is being MARA registered? His fees were competitive and he seemed to know his stuff, however I have never applied for a visa before and I want to make sure I get it right. Anyone had any dealings with Destination Oz?
Old May 21st 2014, 9:25 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I had a very long chat with Destination OZ (Mike Breen), seemed nice enough however not being MARA registered is a concern.

How big a deal is being MARA registered? His fees were competitive and he seemed to know his stuff, however I have never applied for a visa before and I want to make sure I get it right. Anyone had any dealings with Destination Oz?
Is there a reason why you feel you need an agent to help you? Do you have a skill on the CSOL?
Old May 21st 2014, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Is there a reason why you feel you need an agent to help you? Do you have a skill on the CSOL?
I have a skill on the SOL, however i have been advised by a number of friends who have migrated in the past that it is worth the extra money to use an agent, which usually gives you a better chance of approval.

I don't want to risk doing it myself, making a silly mistake and being rejected, where using an agent I would have succeeded.
Old May 21st 2014, 10:01 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I have a skill on the SOL, however i have been advised by a number of friends who have migrated in the past that it is worth the extra money to use an agent, which usually gives you a better chance of approval.

I don't want to risk doing it myself, making a silly mistake and being rejected, where using an agent I would have succeeded.
If the reason then is to make sure no silly mistakes are made why would you pick an unregistered agent?

If you have an occupation on the SOL, do you have the skills and experience necessary to pass a skills assessment in that occupation?

Can you reach the points total?

Can you meet the health and character requirements?
Old May 21st 2014, 10:08 am
Just Joined

If the reason then is to make sure no silly mistakes are made why would you pick an unregistered agent?

If you have an occupation on the SOL, do you have the skills and experience necessary to pass a skills assessment in that occupation?

Can you reach the points total?

Can you meet the health and character requirements?
I was considering the unregistered agent as they are much cheaper, however I am leaning towards the more expensive registered agent. I have a meeting with another registered agent on 5th June so I will look to make a decision soon after.

1) I believe so, I cover about 70% of the points listed and some of the other 30% is some form or another.

2) Yes, comfortably if I can get some past work experience documented as the company has gone bust and I need to speak to my old boss to get a reference. Even without that I should be OK.

3) I should be OK with the health, currently I have a bad knee that I hurt whilst surfing in oz 6 weeks ago, had x-rays last night and waiting for results. If I have to have an op will this affect my chances? As for Character I have no issues there.
Old May 21st 2014, 10:15 am

I was considering the unregistered agent as they are much cheaper, however I am leaning towards the more expensive registered agent. I have a meeting with another registered agent on 5th June so I will look to make a decision soon after.

1) I believe so, I cover about 70% of the points listed and some of the other 30% is some form or another.

2) Yes, comfortably if I can get some past work experience documented as the company has gone bust and I need to speak to my old boss to get a reference. Even without that I should be OK.

3) I should be OK with the health, currently I have a bad knee that I hurt whilst surfing in oz 6 weeks ago, had x-rays last night and waiting for results. If I have to have an op will this affect my chances? As for Character I have no issues there.
Even using an agent, you will need to do a lot of the legwork yourself so if it is something you are going to do, you will need those references. You can only claim points for skilled employment that can be verified. You don't have to have a perfect match but the closer it is the better.

I'm not very organised, but did the skills assessment myself and used an agent to file state sponsorship and the visa application. Thought they were MARA registered but one of these companies that has an agent on the books and everyone else is not registered. I chased my application and I had a good understanding of what was needed and we were successful. Someone I knew used the same agent and mistakes were made because the paperwork was filed on what they thought they knew and not checking with the MARA agent, if he was ever consulted. They lost their only chance as person turned 50 just after filing.

Agents who post on here are most often recommended - Alan Collet of Go Matilda, George Lombard, TeeTMI - but I'm sure there's others.
Old May 21st 2014, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Even using an agent, you will need to do a lot of the legwork yourself so if it is something you are going to do, you will need those references. You can only claim points for skilled employment that can be verified. You don't have to have a perfect match but the closer it is the better.

I'm not very organised, but did the skills assessment myself and used an agent to file state sponsorship and the visa application. Thought they were MARA registered but one of these companies that has an agent on the books and everyone else is not registered. I chased my application and I had a good understanding of what was needed and we were successful. Someone I knew used the same agent and mistakes were made because the paperwork was filed on what they thought they knew and not checking with the MARA agent, if he was ever consulted. They lost their only chance as person turned 50 just after filing.

Agents who post on here are most often recommended - Alan Collet of Go Matilda, George Lombard, TeeTMI - but I'm sure there's others.
Thanks for the info, I have been in contact with TeeTMI and have been impressed also. Once I ahve all my info I will make a decision, almost certain that I will use an agent though to hold my hand
Old May 21st 2014, 12:07 pm

Thanks for the info, I have been in contact with TeeTMI and have been impressed also. Once I ahve all my info I will make a decision, almost certain that I will use an agent though to hold my hand
Good luck with things
Old May 21st 2014, 1:25 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew, just a word about using unregistered agents. If they stuff your application up there's no one to complain to and no remedy/recourse, and they're cheaper for a reason. That was two words, sorry!