lost in visaland!!!

Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:49 am
Just Joined

derekb is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile lost in visaland!!!

hi there
if anyone could help it would be great!
my wife and i and our two boys are considering a move to australia (brisbane area).i must stress that it is very early days however we are going on holiday there next year.
i have a few questions if anyone could help?
my wife is a teacher and i work as a railway signalling technician/engineer .
we have family in the brisbane area and adelaide area.
my wife's job is on the wanted list however mine isn't but i know there are positions for me in aus.
what would be the best visa to go for ???
does the fact that my job is not on the wanted list(should be) make any difference???
why do people have x rays???
finally i was arrested but never charged(breach of the peace apparently) in 1993 wrong place wrong time wrong age etc.. what do i do with that declare it or not?

confused derek
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

freetobe will become famous soon enough
Default Re: lost in visaland!!!

Originally Posted by derekb
hi there
if anyone could help it would be great!
my wife and i and our two boys are considering a move to australia (brisbane area).i must stress that it is very early days however we are going on holiday there next year.
i have a few questions if anyone could help?
my wife is a teacher and i work as a railway signalling technician/engineer .
we have family in the brisbane area and adelaide area.
my wife's job is on the wanted list however mine isn't but i know there are positions for me in aus.
what would be the best visa to go for ???
does the fact that my job is not on the wanted list(should be) make any difference???
why do people have x rays???
finally i was arrested but never charged(breach of the peace apparently) in 1993 wrong place wrong time wrong age etc.. what do i do with that declare it or not?

confused derek
Hey there, good luck with everything. The way I would suggest is 175 visa under your wife's name, as her skill is on the shortage list, and as a back up get your family to sponsor you if you don't have enough points for the 175, though you should with the skill. Your skill wont matter if you apply as your wife being the main applicant. I know mine didn't as my husbands skill is taken into account and mine is also on the skills list, but they look at him being the main applicant. The Xrays are done to check for any health problems, we were told by our agent that they check for cancer and TB. Anything that could come up on your police clearance should be declared, whether relevant or not, as if you don't declare it thinking it is not important, it might be picked up on police clearance and then you could jepodise your application. This is just what I know, someone else out there might know different and if so please feel free to correct me.